MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Pieter C.

Tan Son Nhat Airport (SGN/VVTS) 2013

Hopefully we see lot's of interesting pictures here for 2013...

I dedicate the first 3 pics in this topic to KS Ong who gives us an insight view of the making of the MH retro-jet 9M-MXA

1/ 9M-MXA on final at RWY25R VVTS

738MH9m-mxa_sgn01.jpg

2/ Taxi out to RWY25L for departure to KUL as flight MH759

738MH9m-mxa_sgn03.jpg

3/ Rolling for take-off

738MH9m-mxa_sgn02.jpg

4/ Sat,19 Jan is my lucky day with 4 special-livery aircraft including this A320 AK 9M-AFO the "wingman" of MH's 9M-MXA

320AK9m-afo_sgn04.jpg

Nice pictures of the Malaysian aircraft; good to see weather has been nice too for photography !!! Another 3 weeks and I hope to join you guys again for some spotting too :)

1/ B738 MH 9M-MLE climbing from RWY25R

738-9m-mle_sgn8316s.jpg

2/ 2 CX B744 arriving at the same time: 1 Cargo, 1 pax

2B744CX-sgn01.jpg

3/ A rare visitor: A319CJ Republica Italia

320vip_Italia_8373s.jpg

Repubblica Italiana, very rare indeed, even for us (Dutch) spotters...

Hope to see you guys the next 2 weeks @ Moonlight Cafe !!!

Flee & Liew Hon Kit: Thanks for your support and I do like your return soon to SGN. The tradewind is changing and we got more shots of aircraft landing and take-off from RWY07. We have a new location (cafe again!) abeam of 07R threshold, you will certainly like it :acute:

B767 Transaero charter flight

b763_2840s_zpse3644439.jpg

B77W Qatar late afternoon departure

77W_Qatar2932s_zps845b5894.jpg

Seems like all the nice places in SGN are cafes on rooftop. :p

Sunset collection of airliners on final approach RWY25R

1/ B738MH

738MH_4686sgn01_zpsc8d4f0bb.jpg

2/ A321 VNA

321vna4717sgn01_zps9d686e33.jpg

3/ A332 VNA

332vna_4641sgn01_zps5e062840.jpg

Edited by Nguyen Vu Loc

Flee & Liew Hon Kit: Thanks for your support and I do like your return soon to SGN. The tradewind is changing and we got more shots of aircraft landing and take-off from RWY07. We have a new location (cafe again!) abeam of 07R threshold, you will certainly like it :acute:

Vu Loc,

With the splendid hospitality you guys dish out, who won't be tempted? :)

Yes, a return trip to SGN (probably solely for spotting) is on the cards. Meanwhile, hope to see you at LGK next month! :)

Gee, those sunset shots are splendid! SGN is so full of spotting locations that u are spoilt for choice! Thanks for sharing! :clapping:

Hi Flee, Cung chuc Tan Xuan (similar to Cantonese Cung Hi Fat Choi). I'll be at LGK afternoon 27 but had to leave afternoon 29! the 1st public day, due to unawareness when booking AK flights. Since the Airport hotel is fully booked, I'll stay at Kuala Melaka Inn.not too far away. Longing to see you and other MW friends at this event.

The runway 25R/07L of Tan Son Nhat (SGN) was closed for 8 months from 25 Feb'13 for major repair and upgrade. This will slow down the traffic, gives headache to ATC guys but make us spotters happy :acute:

1/ A332 Qatar landing while A321 Cambodia Angkor Air is waiting to line up RWY07R

332Qatar_A7ACH_01_zpsdba6941e.jpg

2/ The same A332 Qatar landed on RWY25L 5 hours later after a short hop to PNH for Doha - Phnom Penh - Doha passengers. Note the white X and construction work on the runway 25R

332Qatar_A7ACH_02_zps9eb4e93f.jpg

Edited by Nguyen Vu Loc

Hon Kit: Yes so far, if QR keeps flying DOH-SGN-PNH-SGN-DOH instead of DOH-SGN-DOH. I think 77W is not economical for a very short sector SGN-PNH and correct me if wrong, PNH cannot handle 77W as I don't see any scheduled flight to PNH with 77W.

B774F Cathay Cargo touch-down on RWY25L

744F_B-HUL02_zps2af7d219.jpg

Great shots again, uncle !!! Makes me homesick :pardon: esp. now when daytime temperatures have dropped to -1/-3 again...

Hope to see you again in June (SGN/SIN), however my leave has not be approved as yet...

Can see spotters at the Parkson rooftop @ Moonlight Cafe !!! :pardon: