MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Pieter C.

Kuching International Airport (KCH/WBGG) 2013

Plaza Premium Lounge opened in Kuching! http://www.plaza-network.com/index.php/locations/malaysia/Kuching-.html

Charges per entry - RM128. :glare:

Went in yesterday morning. Looks very cozy. Much better than LCCT. Similar or on par with KLIA.

Drinks available : Coke , sprite, soya bean , carlsberg.

Food: Sandwich.

Nothing much. WIll try to go in and take some pic later.

Went there on the 20th April, Citibank premier miles and priority card not accepted. I suppose other credit cards are not accepted as well. Anyhow there is 2 package. One is $68 where you can use the lounge for 2 hours. Or purchase ala-cart from the menu. Bought fish and chips and ice lemon tea for $25. I have not been to the one on the landslide at lcct. But I think Jb is better.

Went in yesterday morning. Looks very cozy. Much better than LCCT. Similar or on par with KLIA.

Drinks available : Coke , sprite, soya bean , carlsberg.

Food: Sandwich.

Nothing much. WIll try to go in and take some pic later.

I guess Plaza has done its marketing homework but I feel that @ RM128, they might not get many customers. A pay lounge is good if KCH has many passengers on long transit or going on long haul flights. Not sure about the former but certain about the latter :pardon: Still it does add a touch of glamour to the otherwise rather unassuming departure hall of KCH.

My flight back to Kuching from KLIA last night was somewhat scarry. I've never felt scared before from all the flyings even when I was a little child. The captain of the MAS flight was coming in too fast & right after touching down, he kept the reverse thrust blasting away for a long while to bring the plane to slow down. I saw the captain on the way out of the plane & had wanted to tell him that. I think he must have felt guilty of having done that & came out of the cockpit to say good-bye to the passengers.

Not sure how the other passengers feel, as usual they all just wanted to vacate the plane as quickly as possible. My last flight back with AirAsia, the captain did not even need to use the reverse thrust after landing. Hmmm.......

Was there a tailwind?

On a trip to HKT last year, the landing was rough too. Plane touched down with a heavy thump (dunno how many g's was that) and heavy braking and all the passengers gasped.

I am thinking is it because of Boeing vs Airbus? A couple of other forumers had bumpy landing on OD flights earlier and I can't remember any bad landing experience on AK flights recently.

Not sure but the whole flight the engine has not even been brought to a lower rpm even when we were descending. It just sounds like he kept the enigne at high rev than what I'm used to when coming in for landing at any airport. By the time the plane slowed down sufficiently, we were at the point where it is the middle of the terminal building.

The roughest landing I've experience was at KLIA when the captain just throw the plane down & there was a big thump! It was only a Boeing 737-400 with goof weather.

I'm not really well versed in aviation procedures for this situation but I read somewhere that pilots do add some extra airspeed on their approach to counter bad weather. Can someone enlighten us? :nea:

Thanks for the heads up MIR. 744's not coming then? MTE was operating KUL-BKI this morning. By the way, not sure about this but spotted an ERJ-145 parked at cargo apron.. Not sure if that's the right aircraft though, too dark to tell.. Any info on the bird?

Not sure but the whole flight the engine has not even been brought to a lower rpm even when we were descending. It just sounds like he kept the enigne at high rev than what I'm used to when coming in for landing at any airport. By the time the plane slowed down sufficiently, we were at the point where it is the middle of the terminal building.

The roughest landing I've experience was at KLIA when the captain just throw the plane down & there was a big thump! It was only a Boeing 737-400 with goof weather.

Maybe its some sort of fault? Engine unable to go idle mode, not sure if this is part of 737 MEL

Thanks for the heads up MIR. 744's not coming then? MTE was operating KUL-BKI this morning. By the way, not sure about this but spotted an ERJ-145 parked at cargo apron.. Not sure if that's the right aircraft though, too dark to tell.. Any info on the bird?

I've asked around but still no info on the B744 to KCH and the ERJ145. I'll post it here if I get any updates.

Me too...I saw somewhat like a Regional Jet...didn't get a closer look though...

B744 9M-MPQ just landed KCH a few minutes ago...MH8612

Edited by MIR

Attention to all KCH spotters.I had noticed MAS charter flight MH8*** is back to service.After 1 day of flight cancellation.

mas8616_zps31bc8d7b.png

Happy spotting.

Edited by JianCheng

Is TR ending its SIN-KCH services? I cannot book a flight from 1 July 2013 onwards. Anyone can confirm this? :sorry:

Edited by szesyn

I wonder what can the reason? I thought traffic was good enough for TR. I imagined MI would be more like the airline to terminate its service given its only 3x weekly. TR can operate up to 3x daily during peak season. Anyway, another blow to KIA - as always ::80::