MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Sanjay Thaker

EMERGENCY AT KLIA?

hey guys juz got a news of some kinda emergency at KLIA today....not sure what time......the Klang General Hospital was on alert for an hour....anyone to confirm this?

Are you talking about this:

AirAsia Plane With Punctured Tyre Lands Safely

PUTRAJAYA, March 15 (Bernama) -- An AirAsia Boeing 737-500 aircraft carrying 131 passengers and five crew developed a tyre puncture on taking off from Chiang Mai in Thailand, Wednesday but landed safely at the KL International Airport in Sepang.

The airline's Publicity and Promotions Senior Executive Jeamie Lee said the aircraft, which departed Chiang Mai International Airport at 11.15 am (Thailand time) landed safely at KLIA at 3.10 pm.

All the passengers and crew were unhurt, she said in an e-mail reply to a query on the incident.

Lee said the airport authorities were on stand-by for emergency procedures when the aircraft touched down.

"We would like to commend our pilots and crew of Flight AK897 for the exceptional way the situation was handled to ensure the safety of our passengers," she said.

Lee said that in compliance with regulatory procedures, an investigation would be carried out by AirAsia, led by its Director of Flight Operations Chan Poh Sum, to determine the cause of the incident.

-- BERNAMA

I think it should be the 733 instead of 735

Edited by Delwin A

erm.. this tyre epidemic seems to be on and off.. this time there is no injuries reported.. what if there is? seems to late.. i think AK need to evaluate this matter asap and hope it doesnt happen again in the future..

MWs is really faster than PRESS!

Any pictures available?

Min Chun,

See 14th mac 06 "S AK approach" topic, where TK has posted "life" pictures :o :rolleyes:

Aiyak!!!

my next trip: KUL-CNX , CNX-KUL got puncture tyre also kah??? :blink:

Tyre puncture is quite common liaoo.. let's not speculate as to the cause but just be glad that everyone was safe and AK i'm sure is investigating the matter along with the DCA and other relevant agencies such as Boeing, tyre manufacture etc etc etc...

Sign in to follow this