MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Waiping

BKI/WBKK 2013

Nope. Didn't pay attention to those skiing tour ads on newspaper.

I do not recall any of the local tour companies (Popular, Airworld, etc) promoting Sapporo packages to extent of direct flights

My curiosity then mainly upon whether the players here in KK have been able to work it out amongst themselves to 'share out' capacity on such a charter. I doubt if anyone of them would have been able to go it alone, but then I am not in the industry :)

All that on assumption that the charter was for outbound tours from BKI :)

And that (those?) CI flights from Hiroshima ?!

I do not recall any of the local tour companies (Popular, Airworld, etc) promoting Sapporo packages to extent of direct flights

My curiosity then mainly upon whether the players here in KK have been able to work it out amongst themselves to 'share out' capacity on such a charter. I doubt if anyone of them would have been able to go it alone, but then I am not in the industry :)

All that on assumption that the charter was for outbound tours from BKI :)

And that (those?) CI flights from Hiroshima ?!

Could well be the Japanese who chartered the planes to BKI.

It might be cheaper to charter a plane from Malaysia than from Japan?

Edited by S V Choong

Haha. When some are fed up with winter, snow and skiing.

Could well be the Japanese who chartered the planes to BKI.

It might be cheaper to charter a plane from Malaysia than from Japan?

Dunno about that, our Malaysian Ministry of Transport decided a few years ago if anyone wants to arrange charters for outbound tours ex-BKI, they must engage a Malaysian carrier. I suppose either that silly edict has now been rescinded or the Japanese authorities did not bother to reciprocate the pettiness

Looks like there are many Mainland Chinese in town. Three China Eastern Airlines A320-200 (MU7176, MU7178 and MU7180) just departed back to Shanghai! And there is one China Southern Airlines A321-200, flight CZ6085 from Shenzhen on final approach.

Any news on any other charter flights from East Asia over the next few days ? Airlines ? Aircraft type etc.?

Edited by Isaac