MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Waiping

BKI/WBKK 2013

Regarding the ATR72 - 500s and -600s difference, I think the latter sports a rather 'Zorro' style cockpit windows.

If the -500 fleet is to be redressed into the new colours, that distinction will not be valid anymore

Furthermore, there are more obvious differences in the old and new liveries anyway

Ah well, will just have to stick to Peter's suggestion - open eyes big big and hope to read what is painted at top of fin (doesn't help one bit though of visual similarity between a 5 and 6) :D

Last spotting before school holidays end, with spotter Samuel Wong and Dayaa. Some shots we managed to get...

IMG_9850_zpsed425142.jpg

IMG_9896_zpse470e094.jpg

IMG_9923_zps514732a9.jpg

IMG_9931_zpse53be4af.jpg

IMG_9955_zps31a6f090.jpg

again, last but not least, sunset of the day :lol:

IMG_9961_zps925ca674.jpg

That's all from me.

A surprise catch for today from MHS Aviation. I wonder if they have taken over the ferrying of personnel to offshore oil platform from Awan Inspirasi.

9MSTE_0087s215_zpsc44ba834.jpg

I just saw in front of my own eyes Singapore Airlines Cargo aircraft took off around 5.10pm something today, from runway 20. I didnt managed to capture it because I was driving at the time. Anyone else captured a pic of it?

Beauty! what a catch Samuel Wong! thanks for snapping these pics and sharing!

On another note, heavy rain now.. 3 planes on hold at Ekono.

Edited by eddy liew

Some not so common traffic at BKI today.

VPCSA_0170s215b5_zpsca671f60.jpg

9VSFN_0215s1515b-5_zps07ea0ad5.jpg

9MMUD_0258s215b-5_zpsc6f68c4f.jpg

Special thanks to MIR for the information of the SQ cargo ETA.

It must have been a while since the stylised bird was last seen in BKI. Missed those days where the SQ A310 is almost a daily anticipation :)

Did they use the nose cargo door on the SQ744?

Edited by S V Choong

Hadj charter flight B777 in BKI.

15Sept - arrival 1345 departure 1640

16Sept - arrival 1545 departure 1745

Please standby your camera and capture!

is today's schedule still going on? I can't find any info regarding this flight on klia's website... :help:

Thanks for the pics! Based on the first pic, my guess is that the plane was transporting live animals.

http://www.theborneopost.com/2013/09/16/racing-boost-as-rstc-imports-59-thoroughbred-horses/

The SQ Cargo aircraft was transporting horses from New Zealand for RSTC.

It must have been a while since the stylised bird was last seen in BKI. Missed those days where the SQ A310 is almost a daily anticipation :)

Did they use the nose cargo door on the SQ744?

Refer to the first SQC photo by Samuel Wong :) Edited by Alif A. F.

is today's schedule still going on? I can't find any info regarding this flight on klia's website... :help:

9M-MRL MAS8038 B772 Just departed WBKK. trackable on FR24.

BKI was particularly active today due to the Malaysia Day celebration at Prince Phillip Park here at Tanjung Aru, just a few steps from Terminal 2. I came back from TPE and our ride - 9M-AFG - was parked next to 9H-AWK. There was also another CRJ rego VP-BNY parked briefly at bay 27 and left as I was leaving the terminal. Rumored that a few more private jets came by and I just tracked another GLEX landed at BKI.

Of course 9M-MRL was here. Why they didn't send NAS Air? :(

9M-AIR is currently on descent into BKI as I type. I reckon it is recently registered..Does anyone know the aircraft type?

9M-AIR is currently on descent into BKI as I type. I reckon it is recently registered..Does anyone know the aircraft type?

Reported as an Agustawestland AW139. First noted at the factory in Italy in May and then in Singapore in June.

Geoff

Received an e-mail from the first officer for the SQ cargo I photographed last week. He hails from BKI.

Received another e-mail from a UO officer flying in tomorrow. They won't be flying out tomorrow due to typhoon back in HKG. Not sure when they will depart though.

1277120_10151883319414168_485847159_o.jp

9H-AWK taken while I was on a short getaway to KK during the Malaysia Day weekend. This was taken after the welcoming ceremony. It was free for all, everybody there was given free airside access. :lol:

But I only thought of taking a picture after that, sigh..

Edited by Mulyadir Fitri

Did anyone spotted any diverted traffic into BKI from HKG?? I assume there are some, now that Typhoon no. 8 signal has been hoisted due to Typhoon Usagi.

Edited by S V Choong