MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
flee

2013 Aircraft Deliveries to MAS Group, AirAsia Group & Malindo

And at risk of repeating old news, my understanding is 73H 9M-LNB will be transferred to Lion Air (as PK-LKS) as more 900ERs are delivered

Edited by Peter Smith

MH's final A380 should be delivered soon. Acceptance flight took place already.

8535967189_dbf3ab618b_m.jpg

Click here for original full sized image:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bycac/8535967189/sizes/o/in/photostream/

And Airasia Japan should be receiving its first sharklet equipped A320 soon:

PlanespottersNet_364268.jpg

Full sized image here:

http://www.planespotters.net/Aviation_Photos/photo.show?id=364268

Edited by flee

I really hope MH will milk the occasion to the max...it's a waste to not publicise the milestone, jointly with Airbus or alone for being the recipient of #100.

The 100th A380 to be delivered to MAS soon.
Does anyone noticed that the "100th A380" stickers are not aligned on
either sides, why is Airbus doing this??

In the video (around 00:15), you'll notice that they've taped something up under the 'A380' sticker. I wonder what is hiding beneath it.

Off topic a bit, this is what we would have gotten if AirAsia X did take delivery of their A330-202. http://www.airliners.net/photo/Airbus-A330-202/2236418/M/

I am surprised that all seats had been installed but never make it to Malaysia's shore.

I really hope MH will milk the occasion to the max...it's a waste to not publicise the milestone, jointly with Airbus or alone for being the recipient of #100.

The 100th A380 to be delivered to MAS soon.
Does anyone noticed that the "100th A380" stickers are not aligned on
either sides, why is Airbus doing this??

MAS to take A380 deliveries into three figures

This article includes a video: http://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/mas-to-take-a380-deliveries-into-three-figures-383233/

Actually Airbus construction number is very ambiguous and highly debatable 9M-MNE is actually NOT the 100th A380 to be BUILT, but DELIVERED. If we follow the cn accordingly, the honour (to be built) goes to Thai Airways HS-TUC as Airbus skipped five cn. Construction numbers allocated earlier Malaysia Airlines first three frames (018, 024, 032) were not built. FedEx cn 038 and 053 were not built as well. Some people may debate on this, but hey who cares! Malaysia Airlines scored two #100!!

MH was the recipient of #100 A330 (9M-MKF) back in 1998 as well! Sadly she is on her way to scrapper now.

Edited by JuliusWong

In the video (around 00:15), you'll notice that they've taped something up under the 'A380' sticker. I wonder what is hiding beneath it.

Isn't that the cargo door place ?

Nothing's taped. That bulge is just the mechanism, hinges etc underneath the skin for the cargo door.

Non-leather in biz? At least the headrests looked like they're in suede or fabric, but not the leather on -MX and -MLM+

Same spec seat.. nothing change..

The headrest of the biz seat looks very difference, and I dont think it is just due to lighting.

Same seat as MX and later ML series. The photos can play tricks, but i've seen them in real life.

As discussed recently in the BKI pics topic, Gading Sari is acquiring a 2nd 734F.

The aircraft, 9M-GSB is on its delivery flight (via northern pacific) and is no stranger to the region, having served Garuda as PK-GZP up until mid 2012.