MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Radzi

Best Malaysia Airlines Livery

116 members have voted

1. 1. Which one is the best MH regular livery ever?

• 1972-1987 (red and white)
    • 1987-2010 (red and blue)
    • 2010 (red and blue swoosh)
    • A380 (white and blue)

Which one of this is the best livery for Malaysia Airlines?

jp9MMXA_32R.jpg

red and white

9MFFF_32R_zps204b4a92.jpg

red and blue

9MMLQ_32R_zps0e7aee57.jpg

red and blue swoosh

9MMNA_32R_zpsfc57a247.jpg

A380

I grew up with the first livery, and that was the time MAS was at the peak in terms of inflight products of its time. My choice is of course the red one.

I like all 3 of the on the B738 but my least favourite livery is the A380 one.

I voted for 1987-2010. I used to hate it back then, but compared to swoosh and blue stripes, this livery is the best. It really represents MH and fits well on 747, A330, 777 and 737 and I'm growing up with this livery

No.2 for me; I'm growing up seeing this livery on the F50 & 737-400s.

Edited by Tamizi Hj Tamby

1987-2010 is also my choice. Not too complicated or simple, and that sexy cheatline. No one does it anymore. :(

seriously the red and blue swoosh livery only looks good on a NB aircraft, like the 738...compare to the a330(too 'white/empty')...I will go for this livery :)

1987-2010 livery for me. Love it applied on F50 back in the days. Timeless modern look without feeling old and it still suits well now. Livery consistency during that era and well presentation of a corporate identity. 1972-1987 Red tail logo is also timeless.

Actually none of the above .

However the most solid in terms of design ie impact and image ...was the original red and 2 stripes.

MH should just fine tune it and adapt it rather than change so much.

The last 3 versions have been forgettable and appears weak.

The last design ie the blue one is so bad that I think there must have been a mistake.

The tail with just the blue wau and a white background makes no impact all !

The curvy stripes do help the body but it needs some connection with the tail .

I voted for 1987-2010 too. I love the original one because I grew up with it but I definitely think the 87-10 livery still looks modern and classic.

Edited by Josh T

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't there 2 versions of the red-white livery? One with the red 'malaysian' title and the other one black with full 'malaysian airline system' as above?

"Malaysian" livery came later, sometime 1981 or so. There is yet another cheatline variation which connects right up to the tail. Didn't see this myself but there is a photo of it on sale at ebay. Also several hybrid ones on DC10 haj flights.

By the time "Malaysian" livery came about, inflight meals such as sandwiches for economy short sectors disappeared, and fares crept upwards.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't there 2 versions of the red-white livery? One with the red 'malaysian' title and the other one black with full 'malaysian airline system' as above?

It's blue on the first version,if you see it closely.

"Malaysian" livery came later, sometime 1981 or so. There is yet another cheatline variation which connects right up to the tail. Didn't see this myself but there is a photo of it on sale at ebay. Also several hybrid ones on DC10 haj flights.

By the time "Malaysian" livery came about, inflight meals such as sandwiches for economy short sectors disappeared, and fares crept upwards.

.... talked to an old timer with MH (ground crew)... the one with the 'Sistem Penerbangan Malaysia' provided them with 3 months bonus,

none when they changed... (is it correct?)

Wow truly an old timer. Is that when they started serving peanuts?

It's blue on the first version,if you see it closely.

Should be black right?

.... talked to an old timer with MH (ground crew)... the one with the 'Sistem Penerbangan Malaysia' provided them with 3 months bonus,

none when they changed... (is it correct?)

Not sure about that. The annual reports of up to the first 10 years of MAS showed it was profitable though, so some bonus was probable.

One old timer I know (a former station manager) is upset... disgusted with the state of affairs in MAS nowadays. He is even delighted that his son is now working with EK!

This is the link to the unusual livery, perhaps a one off?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/POSTCARD-LIMITED-ISSUE-AIRPLANE-737-MALAYSIA-MALAYSIAN-AIRLINE-SYSTEM-airplanes-/160936829888?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25789523c0

I can't recall any peanuts back then, but there were MAS-branded sweets, cigarettes even.... I still have a small collection of match boxes. Elizabeth Arden toileteries, real cotton face towels, stacks of mini soaps etc in the washroom...

And thoughtful gifts for First Class. And they were quality gifts e.g. Cross pens, Noritake cruet sets...

Edited by Rozhan