MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
KS Ong

The Making of the Malaysia Airlines Retro Jet

Nice one!

Any chance for other 'junior' members to join any future coverage (MH OneWorld livery) with the 'senior' members?

Or is only exclusive to the 'seniors'?

IMG_0275.jpg

WOW! Instant flashback to the good old days when flying was a lifetime adventure! Happy 40th birthday MAS!

We respect the official date of the launch of this Retro scheme, so here we are happily to share. I hope everybody will enjoy as much as we did to prepare.

We respect the official date of the launch of this Retro scheme, so here we are happily to share. I hope everybody will enjoy as much as we did to prepare.

Yup, all malaysian happy when it was officially launched by TS Mohd Noor and AJ just now. Just noticed wording on

"Malaysian Airline System" and "40 Years" in blue not black color right?

EXCELLENT topic this will be.

Nice one!

Any chance for other 'junior' members to join any future coverage (MH OneWorld livery) with the 'senior' members?

Or is only exclusive to the 'seniors'?

And please, NO SENIORITY system here

Yay!! Good to hear we can release the images.

Cheers!!

If officially can release the images, here some of pics during launching by today. Thanks to my " big cabel" for the coverage.

IMG-20121212-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20121212-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20121212-WA0013.jpg

Two emergency exit doors reminds me of the 707. Nice flashback to the past... if only in livery. The joy of flying in the 70s and 80s will never return on MH.

Ikman, i am also wondering why...we did ask MAS about this, no answer.

If i am not mistaken, MH 601 KUL-SIN was the first Malaysian airline system 1972 first flight.

10Dec12_9M-MXA_6656mw.jpg

Not sure if this is the case but perhaps they just get the plane done and put her back to her routine roster, without changing the roster altogether.

Anyway, overall a job well done to everyone! :good:

Story time as right now my son and daughter are both sitting next to me, and I am explaining to them about this color scheme.

Edited by Waiping

Ikman, i am also wondering why...we did ask MAS about this, no answer.

If i am not mistaken, MH 601 KUL-SIN was the first Malaysian airline system 1972 first flight.

10Dec12_9M-MXA_6656mw.jpg

nice fisheye effect!(fisheye right? hehe) the winglet really looks like a sabit from this angle :good:

Sabit = scythe

isn't it called "sickle" ?

p/s : it is quite a lovely retro theme compare to Garuda and Japan Airlines

Edited by Nora B

isn't it called "sickle" ?

p/s : it is quite a lovely retro theme compare to Garuda and Japan Airlines

OK, this is going way off-topic, but if you like, sickle is the short version of a scythe. Although the pointy, sharp end is very similar, I thought a scythe is more apt given the length of the wing.