MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Dr Chuo Hock Tieng

Khalwat while plane spotting

KB enforcement officers asking for money does happen. Cousin has business in KB. Always got harassed.

I never trusted the Star especially nation section but I read the classified n advertisement though

Damage control ...

---

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/malaysia/article/pas-mulls-legal-action-over-khalwat-report/

PAS mulls legal action over ‘khalwat’ report

By Md Izwan and Ida Lim December 09, 2012

KUALA LUMPUR, Dec 9 — PAS has denied four non-Muslims were caught for khalwat in Kelantan, saying that the state government is considering legal action against The Star for carrying the unsubstantiated report and creating fear among those outside the Islamic faith.

KB enforcement officers asking for money does happen. Cousin has business in KB. Always got harassed.

I once heard Kelantan is so business friendly because the officers there don't go around harassing people for money.

Anyway, I suspect what happened was that the officers were looking for quick buck from the spotters and an unfortunate couple in the park.

It does make life because man and woman too close cannot. Now man and man also cannot. The definition of being 'too close' also varies from individual to individual.

This incident was first brought out by National PAS Supporters Congress president Hu Pang Chaw. It was then picked up by The Star and other medias. So it was a true incident.

There is a commentary on The Star today regarding this incident. I'll just copy and paste part of it since most of you won't read it otherwise.

Non-Muslims feeling the heat

We are merely kidding ourselves if we think the rules by PAS only apply to Muslims.

THERE they go again. The PAS-­controlled Kelantan state government, which has yet to resolve the controversy over the gender segregation ruling on hair salons run by non-Muslims, has now found itself in another explosive issue.

Four non-Muslims – two men on a plane-spotting outing and a couple in a park – have been issued with summonses for khalwat.

The summonses were for “indecent behaviour” but the four have denied any wrongdoing, insisting that the municipal council enforcement officers were “merely abusing their position”.

The first case involved two men in their 30s who were in a car parked beside the Sultan Ismail Petra Airport. They claimed they were watching planes land in the night when they were issued with the summonses by these Taliban-style officers.

This writer can only deduce that Kota Baru must be so boring – the result of a ban on entertainment outlets – that the two young men have to watch planes landing at the airport for entertainment. How these officers can consider their action an offence is mind-boggling.

But we know that the PAS politicians have a great sense of imagination and can conjure up fantasies out of seemingly ordinary situations. They think that getting a haircut from a person of the opposite sex can lead to moral decay and watching concerts can lead to hedonism or excessive pleasure, whatever that means.

Malaysians know that these cranky politician-theologians also frown upon the mixed company of males and females, but two non-Muslim men being punished for being in a car together, that’s a new one. Are they telling us now that two men together can lead to immoral activities or that watching planes at the airport can be sexually arousing? Even if they had committed a “gay act”, does the council have any jurisdiction over non-Muslims?

The other case involved a 17-year-old boy and a girl aged 15. They were together at the Tengku Anis Park in the town centre, in broad daylight, when they were arrested. They were approached by the enforcement officers and issued summonses on the spot for purported indecent behaviour.

Nothing seems to be safe any more for non-Muslims in Kota Baru. You get fined for having a hair cut by a hairstylist of a different sex, you get fined for being in love and sharing private moments in a park in broad daylight, and you also get summoned for being in a wrong queue in a supermarket check-out.

Before anyone accuses this writer of filing another PAS-bashing piece, it is important to point out that the protest over the latest controversies was started by the National PAS Supporters Congress president Hu Pang Chaw, who is known for his apologist stand for the Islamist party.

Interestingly enough, Hu has also revealed that the male victims had complained to him that the officers had even sought RM500 “to settle the matter”, which means that these holier-than-thou officers were open to corruption.

Hu added that “as far as I know, the council has no right to issue summonses to non-Muslims for close contact with their girlfriends in the dark or out in the open”. But Hu shouldn’t plead ignorance now because the PAS rules have always infringed upon non-Muslims. This is not the first time and it won’t be the last.

Edited by Cheng Long

moral of the story, never go for plane spotting with your male fren...haha...better three in a group....

I don't understand how two guys hanging out can be considered as khalwat?

if the 2 male kissing each other.... we do not know what actually happened since we were not in that incident location. The victims/suspects of course will be denied of their wrong doing

moral of the story, never go for plane spotting with your male fren...haha...better three in a group....

then menage a trois? nope hehe

I don't understand how two guys hanging out can be considered as khalwat?

I suspect they probably appeared to be physically very close to each other. Both of them were probably looking at their 'catch of the day' from the small LCD screen behind their camera and having a jovial time. So their heads would be pretty close to each other if both were looking at the same camera.

For people looking from outside their car, it may look suspicious.

In the off chance that either or both of the khalwat spotters are fellow members of this forum, care to share your side of the story ....... ? :D

The opposition has been ruling Kelantan for years but how come all these incidents seems to suddenly appear just as the GE looms near?

Edited by Ahmad M

They are desperate lot. At all cost, the opposition (hey, in some states they are the ruling party) must/seen/projected to look bad. So nothing new there :pardon:

They are desperate lot. At all cost, the opposition (hey, in some states they are the ruling party) must/seen/projected to look bad. So nothing new there :pardon:

That's politics for you.

Even the oppos practice the same thing so why is everybody surprised everytime news like these come up?

Why haven't they come out clean and print the news that the PAS government is bringing the matter to court? In Penang, UMNO called DAP racist, same time MCA called DAP is trying to 'Islamise' the state. Contradict much?

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2012/12/10/nation/12437977&sec=nation

Sounds hot... BTW, I still remember the USA pairs who stayed in Langkawi were assaulted for Khalwat checking while they were in their apartment, too. This case was closed after the husband dropped all the charges against the local council for he has to pay 4K tickets to send his terrified wife back to USA. I guess after all, they have eventually dropped the MM2H here... what a shame...