MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mushrif A

MH Retro 738?

From my point of view:

- First and foremost, this whole incident will not occur if someone (whom I believe is involved with the project) did not upload the 'supposedly confidential' photos on the net in the first place. If we don't want people to see it, why on earth did we uploaded it on the internet?

- Getting more traffic has always been MW's prime interest. It is an exclusive scoop like this that always bringing in high traffic (as exhibited today). For materials which have been publicly accessible on the net, if it is not being shared in this forum, someone else will grab the chance and share it somewhere else. Would we rather have the photos to appear in SQ Talk, A.Net or Indoflyer first rather than MalaysianWings?

- Rumour type materials will ALWAYS find its way to the forum, whether we like it or not.

- I think the communication between the senior members when conducting projects of this nature should be improved. I think all the senior members involved in the project have access to the Flight Ops subforum, in which the last communication was done on 27 November 2011, more than a year ago. A simple notification to others who can access that subforum, including the founder, will help the problem from escalating as we will support it for sure from our individual capacities.

- I personally hope the matter has been resolved with MH amicably (was told one of the senior members was summoned by the MH's Head of Maintenance over this matter) and that it won't jeopardise the upcoming coverage of MH A380 oneworld livery. (Told ya rumours always find its way to the forum).

- For the upcoming coverage of MH A380 oneworld livery, if MH wants it to be done their way, I hope it will be communicated accordingly as to avoid from the same problem to arise again. And I wish all of you guys good luck with the assignment.

Well said MAR.

Not to ruffle anyone's feather, especially to senior forum members. But what is there to lose for publishing parts of the whole livery to discerning public groups and forums like Malaysianwings before the intended launching? We are here to share excitement of latest happenings in local aviation. As far as i am concern there's nothing immature and indecent about sharing the latest color scheme of MH's narrow body fleet. We are just feeling excited by the prospect of seeing the colors during glory days of Malaysian Hospitality, so they say.

Fora is the place of people with similar interest sharing information and materials deemed interesting to them. In this internet era, most of all are not even legal entity. What MH can do instead of getting disappointed over nothing (ya not gonna lose sales arent you?) they should instead engage this group of aviation enthusiast during the launching of 'retro' campaign and help spread the excitement.

For MH, you are just dinosaurs. Certainly this is one of the reason to learn from AirAsia. Restrictions curb innovations and creativity. Start thinking outside the box. Instead of us Malaysianwings forummers have to do everything that does not disappoint MH, for me it should be the other way around.

Just my not-so-humble opinion a.k.a constructive criticism.

TOTALLY AGREE AND WELL SAID. DID YOU HEAR THAT MH? HELLO?

I believe this is the key issue! The shots were inside the hangar where it's prohibited to take photographs for obvious reason. It's not really because they don't want to have the livery seen before launch.

You guys have managed to make a mountain out of a molehill - typical!

Well this is an issue with MAHB - MH's arms are twisted because they also have to comply with MAHB's rules and regulations.

Silly mentality and petty of MH to ask to remove pic, then witchhunt mw senior members. What is the real legal implications of such move, anyone?

Should be concentrating on more crucial agenda rather than focus on such wet blanket of a move. To think that they have been lurking idly here for so long, then suddenly jump on this issue instead of all the other problems highlighted here reveals a lot about its management.

Such a pain and truly disappointing beyond expectation.

Edited by V Wong

You guys have managed to make a mountain out of a molehill - typical!

Be careful there...cuts both ways. Pot calling the kettle black.

You should tell your colleagues at socialmedia to make the most of any publicity. Not cull but milk it to the max.

Be careful there...cuts both ways. Pot calling the kettle black.

You should tell your colleagues at socialmedia to make the most of any publicity. Not cull but milk it to the max.

Well Mushrif, what makes you think the Social Media Team is not exploiting this?

The arrogance of some people here who have little knowledge of what's happening is just amazing!

I wonder if we could approach AK when they receive their Alpha Quebec Quebec aka sharklet to do a coverage for them? We are aviation enthusiast, not pro-who or anti-who.

Well Mushrif, what makes you think the Social Media Team is not exploiting this?

The arrogance of some people here who have little knowledge of what's happening is just amazing!

My "this" refers to the photos that were up on MW before they were culled, whilst your "this" may refer to the overall retro livery program.

With the general attitude displayed in this topic, is it any wonder invites to events such as this are few and far between these days? Criticizing MH for asking to have pictures removed is certainly not going to change anyone's opinion, let alone aid the cause to have members included.

Comparing AK to MH is interesting as it seems all have forgotten about a similar request being made by the former regarding photos just a few years ago.

Working in the industry, I can fully appreciate why MH requested the pictures be removed. With the internet becoming an evermore powerful medium, secrets are much harder kept - however in this case, its just a matter of everyone being patient, not unnecessarily irate.

It's a moot point now because:

To all those who've put their effort in going behind the scenes throughout the painting process (you guys know who you are), thank you very much & congratulations on a job well done!

It's a moot point now because:

To all those who've put their effort in going behind the scenes throughout the painting process (you guys know who you are), thank you very much & congratulations on a job well done!

Thank you.

With the general attitude displayed in this topic, is it any wonder invites to events such as this are few and far between these days? Criticizing MH for asking to have pictures removed is certainly not going to change anyone's opinion, let alone aid the cause to have members included.

Comparing AK to MH is interesting as it seems all have forgotten about a similar request being made by the former regarding photos just a few years ago.

Working in the industry, I can fully appreciate why MH requested the pictures be removed. With the internet becoming an evermore powerful medium, secrets are much harder kept - however in this case, its just a matter of everyone being patient, not unnecessarily irate.

Somehow, I think that its all a question of timing. We are caught in an age where some people still believe in doing things "the old way" and others think that "breaking news" over social media and the Internet is the way to go. We are in transition and there is bound to be friction as attitudes and perceptions belong to different ages.

Interesting that you mentioned AK behaved like this some years ago. Nowadays, they even share their drawings of liveries on social media and ask the "fans" to vote for the design that they like.

No doubt, in a few years, everything will go public as soon as ideas are mooted.

What I find incomprehensible is that this forum is largely pro-MH. Lots of MH employees, supporters and fans are here. All are very passionate about MH.

It is indeed sad to see MH treat their loyal supporters in this manner.

Not the first time nor last time :(

Yes, Malaysian authorities work in strange ways....

I don't know what the fuss MAHB is making about taking photos in hangars.

In China (Chengdu) there is no problem. And this is in a country when openness is not its hallmark...

See pix below:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/AirAsia-X/Airbus-A330-343E/1728367/L/&sid=5efe0b5be3304cc2bcc38e84deb1881e

Yes, Malaysian authorities work in strange ways....

I don't know what the fuss MAHB is making about taking photos in hangars.

In China (Chengdu) there is no problem. And this is in a country when openness is not its hallmark...

See pix below:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/AirAsia-X/Airbus-A330-343E/1728367/L/&sid=5efe0b5be3304cc2bcc38e84deb1881e

I dont believe it is MAHB as the hangars belong to MH, and MH may have been the one that has issues with photos taken in its hangars especially on a project that has yet to be revealed officially to the public. It is that reaction which is the subject of much debate here.

Something i noticed (well, among several)

1. the 40 years is a decal while the c/s is paint - the sticker can go away easily!

2. are those 734s in the background being swooshed...or getting ready for ferry flight back to lessor?

2. are those 734s in the background being swooshed...or getting ready for ferry flight back to lessor?

If I didn't wrong, one of the 734 is wearing a registration 9M-MMX...am I right?

There are a few 734 in hangar 5, some will go due to end of lease,some will soldier on till their time comes.

Hangar belongs to mas, one inch out on apron belongs to mahb. Towing aircraft in and out must have a request from lumpur ground.

To be on apron must have approval from mahb. And we did it all properly so that we get mahb apron pass.

When's the first flight? anything good lined up for the "inaugural"?

Tomorrow to CGK. Passengers will be greeted by the Head of Commercial Dr. Hugh Dunleavy & Sales chief Duncan Bureau, and will receive commemorative gifts.