MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mushrif A

MH Retro 738?

The first commercial flight of MXA in the retro livery will be on the 13. The travel period is part of the currently ongoing promotion.

I guess most of the people will thought that it will be exactly on the 11th of december...hehe

Nice, hope I get to see her...

IIRC,, there are two versions of the classic livery:

1. The red is a bit orangie, and the cheat line did not go all the way back, it stopped somewhere after the rear door as in one of the 707 photos. The 707, 732, F27, A300B4, Brittan Norman Islander and DC-10 all wore this livery.

2. Slightly revised livery with cheat line going all the way back to the APU. The red is slightly richer. This livissei as previously seen on 732, 742, 743, DC10, A300B4, F27 and DHT.

Edited by S V Choong

This is a great effort (albeit a little bit too late, but I guess better late than never though).

Just in from the MH Rumour Department:

Ada another aircraft with retro livery which is the 744! I nampak 744 dlm hangar KUL masa landing few hours ago. Meaning the aircraft will fly KUL-SYD-KUL kalau betul mata I nampak MH 744 retro livery.

This one needs further verification but it will be tremendous if it is true and I am looking forward on its explanation, as we are all aware that MH should be phasing out all B744s until several news sprung lately that there will be changes to the plan.

This is a great effort (albeit a little bit too late, but I guess better late than never though).

Just in from the MH Rumour Department:

This one needs further verification but it will be tremendous if it is true and I am looking forward on its explanation, as we are all aware that MH should be phasing out all B744s until several news sprung lately that there will be changes to the plan.

Not true at all. That aircraft is Pullmantur Air.

Thanks for the info. Looking forward for the flight next week!!

Red is back.

Cheatline is back.

and mind you, this is the original red!

wonder when the other Red will do a classic livery - their eagle head version?

As per original, black nose please :)

both matt finish nose radome and anti-glare in front of windshield, are there...

Thanks MAS for having attention into details... :good: But the logo on the winglet thing need to be expedite please..

Does it come with chrome engines as I remember the earlier 737s have chrome engines?

and it will be "malaysian airline system" instead of malaysia airlines on the fuselage ?

Yup; It is.

I can't wait to see pics of it. I'd really love to see the A33E in the old livery. I think it would look fantastic!

As for the OneWorld livery, my money is on it being on an A33E rather than the A380.

Does it come with chrome engines as I remember the earlier 737s have chrome engines?

nope

and it will be "malaysian airline system" instead of malaysia airlines on the fuselage ?

Edited by Norman
Sorry... the image has to be deleted for the moment on the request of Malaysia Airlines

Oh yeah, the days of bagging a window seat at trailing edge of wing and marvel at near mirror image of the fuselage reflected off the JT8's nacelle, followed by spectacle of those bucket thrust reversers being deployed upon touch down accompanied by obligatory roar :D

They don't make planes like those anymore I don't think :)

Please someone tell the painters the jawi script next to the Malaysian flag should be white on blue background instead of blue on white fuselage :)

Edited by BC Tam

Sorry... the image has to be deleted for the moment on the request of Malaysia Airlines

Shoot, missed it! Anyone managed to save or print screen it?

rework in terms of ...?

Anyway looking good, MH :)

Just a minor repaint on the jawi script,as mentioned by BC Tam;nothing big at all. Hehe :pardon:

Edited by Tamizi Hj Tamby

Is the B738 being repainted at SZB?

Does anyone know when the test and shuttle flight from SZB to KUL will be made?

Sad to see MH request the photo be taken down, even though it is so close to the launch of the CGK flight...

Lets just remind ourselves what that classic livery looked like on a B732:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Malaysian-Airline-System/Boeing-737-2H6-Adv/1834768/L/&sid=e9bbca5b4f77942a4e78daca4f159f26

1834768.jpg