MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mushrif A

MH Retro 738?

i went to see my dentist at 09:30....missed her departure... :sorry:

Priorities ? Man, you have it messed up there :p

(or is it my dentist tolerate a whole lot more rubbish from me compared to your's with your excuses :))

Is it necessary for airlines to inform other countries or jurisdictions that the plane they are sending is a different or old livery?

It has to be (sort of) described in the flight plan. Other than that, no restriction AFAIK.

My first flight with MAS was way back 26years ago..a week before Christmas 1986 KCH-SZB-PEN. So I'm looking forward to fly MAS again in this livery tomorrow to CGK. Sort of 26yrs celebration for my own. :p

Here is my shot of MXA as she departs to CGK as MH 711.

jp9MMXA_32R.jpg

Beautiful!

I want to see the retro livery on the A33E now!

Beautiful!

I want to see the retro livery on the A33E now!

On the contrary I would want to see the old livery on the 777-200ER instead :)

The A330 is similar to the A300... However, the 777 will be a completely brand new type. I am not hopeful that this retro scheme will be applied to another type though. Garuda anod ANA are good examples of how limited in numbers their retrojets are.

Here is my shot of MXA as she departs to CGK as MH 711.

jp9MMXA_32R.jpg

Thanks for sharing and nice catch Capt. Radzi, so retro. I guess this bird will be top coverage in GP Jan 2013 issue :D

On the contrary I would want to see the old livery on the 777-200ER instead :)

The A330 is similar to the A300... However, the 777 will be a completely brand new type. I am not hopeful that this retro scheme will be applied to another type though. Garuda anod ANA are good examples of how limited in numbers their retrojets are.

Like this, no? :)

clipboard05.gif

Like this, no? :)clipboard05.gif

Cool... :)

Does anyone know what the Jawi scripts says? The retro jet uses a white background instead of blue, I wonder if it is to do with the new regulations in force that they are trying to avoid the confusion between a flag and script? Hence the blue background idea was dropped.

Edited by S V Choong

Cool... :)

Does anyone know what the Jawi scripts says? The retro jet uses a white background instead of blue, I wonder if it is to do with the new regulations in force that they are trying to avoid the confusion between a flag and script? Hence the blue background idea was dropped.

It says SISTEM PENERBANGAN MALAYSIA

A new drama unfold with the retro aircraft.

Seriously annoyed! Promo di website clearly mentioned MH711 will be operated by the retro livery from 13th-31st December and guess what?? MXA is going to SIN as MH601 and flight aku ke CGK MH711 is FFB!! Bladihell!

Can you imagine how annoyed I AM!! If they can't fulfill a simple promise like this..why bother mention it in the promo. Utter BS!

Someone needs to explain this OFFICIALLY.

MAR

I extracted this from MH website

http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/en/corporate-info/press-room/latest/malaysia-airlines-celebrates-nostalgic-memories.html

The retro livery aircraft is set to soar the skies from tomorrow, 13 December, beginning with flights to Jakarta and Bangkok, two popular Malaysia Airlines' destinations. To further enhance customer experience on-board, Malaysia Airlines has also introduced new in-flight meal presentations for flights operated by this exclusive aircraft. The menus are designed by Malaysia Airlines' chef wearing their retro toques while looking back to identify the popular dishes of yester-years. This special menu consists of evergreen Malaysia Airlines' dishes that will not fail to tantalise the tastebuds of customers.

There will also be a special surprise for passengers on MH711 and MH782 which will be operated using this retro livery aircraft to Jakarta and Bangkok respectively on 13 December 2012 from KLIA. Malaysia Airlines' top management members will be present at the boarding gates to greet and hand-out surprise gifts to all passengers. All this and more are to reward and appreciate customers for their continuous support towards Malaysia Airlines.

Errr...do they actually mention about MH711 will be operated by MXA from 13 December to 31st December?

Edited by affendi osman

1354873191252.jpg

MAR

I extracted this from MH website

http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/en/corporate-info/press-room/latest/malaysia-airlines-celebrates-nostalgic-memories.html

Errr...do they actually mention about MH711 will be operated by MXA from 13 December to 31st December?

I guess our poor friend did the booking based on the promo banner, which clearly stating the retro aircraft will be flying on the route from 11 until 31 December 2012.

The banner has been out since 7 December (or probably earlier). The press release was only published on 12 December. Obviously he made the booking prior to the release of the press statement.

Damage has been done and it is MH on the losing end for losing yet another passenger due to this misleading marketing gimmick.

Okla..nak boarding..from now on cudnt be bothered about their promo anymore and thank God I work overseas so that duit tax x bayar utk bail them out. Simple thing man..can't even make it work...

A new drama unfold with the retro aircraft.

Someone needs to explain this OFFICIALLY.

Please tell the person that the website promo DID NOT at anytime state that -MXA will operate MH711 during the stated period. (Although MH is slightly guilty of contributing to that impression as the image gave rise to the perception that the retro-livery aircraft will exclusively operate MH711.)

In fact, -MXA flew twice to PEN yesterday.

And the press release is a lot more hype than the reality - I was made to understand that there was no such greeting by top management members on inaugural flight, the so-called "surprise gifts" were not even worth mentioning, there was no special presentation of meals yadda yadda. Either the PR department was just having its own wet dreams or this being MH, there was a lack of coordination and no paying attention to the details (as always).

I guess our poor friend did the booking based on the promo banner, which clearly stating the retro aircraft will be flying on the route from 11 until 31 December 2012.

Thanks for refreshing our minds with the banner. So the PR dept is so very guilty with creating the hype and the eventual disappointments.

Oh no.

Another sweet thing going sour. Many "thanks" to some quite misleading advertisement. Which side are they working for anyway? :sorry:

It will be helpful if MAS can publish the destinations and dates when MXA will be the aircraft used so that those interested can make their bookings.

A nationwide tour will be nice.

Another molehill becoming a mountain.

The question of MXA being exclusively dedicated to CGK have been answered on MH's FB page countless times, so with a little research this would have been avoided.

MR Suhaimi Fariz, so now your telling me that the customers need to carry out his/her research on MH FB Page is it? Thats the most ridiculous thing I ever read. customers book an airline ticket based on the airline's web promo and NOT what being discussed in the FB Page or press release statement. I understand there is no such claim that MH711 will be on MXA all the way but clearly the banner is misleading. I understand you work with MH, but there's no need for you to defend them ever single time when there's a mistake. Problems need to be solved by their root cause (in this case poor communication between marketing team and the fleet management department) and not by just simply emailing their social media team. There, I said it. :)

The question of MXA being exclusively dedicated to CGK have been answered on MH's FB page countless times, so with a little research this would have been avoided.

So we have to check MAS' Facebook page now? That is totally ridiculous...!

Agreed with Fairul and SV Choong ........ the above quote is a typical 'civil servant' attitude, lack of customer oriented service ........ They thought they would do a favour for doing the job professionally instead of taking pride of the job. BTW, I called MAS 'JABATAN PENERBANGAN MALAYSIA' ........... a dept that was not supposed to make profit and never retrench any 'deadwood' ... :sorry:

:hi:

So we have to check MAS' Facebook page now? That is totally ridiculous...!

Completely agree and there isnt even a disclaimer that due to operational reasons the aircraft may be replaced.

In many parts of the world the lawyers would already be working on getting a settlement if such misleading adverts were used