MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mushrif A

MH Retro 738?

I know what you mean...just some 2.5 weeks later, it no longer feels current.

But I like the 40years .. like a milestone. Looks nice and 'garang' as well against the backdrop of 'retro' red. With a nice twist of the ribbon into red. And this particular red on the body is so 70s. Reminds me of those heavily painted red fingernails of 70s, Afro hair, bellbottoms, disco, etc. MH has 'redeemed' itself this time, I could almost forgive the gloomy A380 livery

Edited by V Wong

'Congratulations' for managed to put up 'restricted' images in our 'decend' and 'mature' forums. And yet we question why we are not being provided with special previlages...

I received few phone calls from MH today voicing their dissatisfaction on the posting of the two photos. It seems MH would like to keep it confidential until tomorrow's launching. So the moderating team has to remove the picture of Azizul and Michgyver. We seek your understanding. We have to do it to remain ethical and to maintain good relationship with MH.

I guess after Wednesday launching should be alright for anyone to share the Retro images.

Cheers!

Not to ruffle anyone's feather, especially to senior forum members. But what is there to lose for publishing parts of the whole livery to discerning public groups and forums like Malaysianwings before the intended launching? We are here to share excitement of latest happenings in local aviation. As far as i am concern there's nothing immature and indecent about sharing the latest color scheme of MH's narrow body fleet. We are just feeling excited by the prospect of seeing the colors during glory days of Malaysian Hospitality, so they say.

Fora is the place of people with similar interest sharing information and materials deemed interesting to them. In this internet era, most of all are not even legal entity. What MH can do instead of getting disappointed over nothing (ya not gonna lose sales arent you?) they should instead engage this group of aviation enthusiast during the launching of 'retro' campaign and help spread the excitement.

For MH, you are just dinosaurs. Certainly this is one of the reason to learn from AirAsia. Restrictions curb innovations and creativity. Start thinking outside the box. Instead of us Malaysianwings forummers have to do everything that does not disappoint MH, for me it should be the other way around.

Just my not-so-humble opinion a.k.a constructive criticism.

Beautiful~~but the 40 years kind of spoiled it, but whatever, it is beautiful...

Not to ruffle anyone's feather, especially to senior forum members. But what is there to lose for publishing parts of the whole livery to discerning public groups and forums like Malaysianwings before the intended launching? We are here to share excitement of latest happenings in local aviation. As far as i am concern there's nothing immature and indecent about sharing the latest color scheme of MH's narrow body fleet. We are just feeling excited by the prospect of seeing the colors during glory days of Malaysian Hospitality, so they say.

Fora is the place of people with similar interest sharing information and materials deemed interesting to them. In this internet era, most of all are not even legal entity. What MH can do instead of getting disappointed over nothing (ya not gonna lose sales arent you?) they should instead engage this group of aviation enthusiast during the launching of 'retro' campaign and help spread the excitement.

For MH, you are just dinosaurs. Certainly this is one of the reason to learn from AirAsia. Restrictions curb innovations and creativity. Start thinking outside the box. Instead of us Malaysianwings forummers have to do everything that does not disappoint MH, for me it should be the other way around.

Agree!

Well, we will just have to share AirAsia special liveries from now on. They do not seem to have a problem with our "exclusives", even when it is still on the drawing board...

Taken from benjit666's instagram account. Link: http://instagram.com/p/TERFdrtctL/

So no photos...but links are OK that show aircraft outside a privately-owned building in an open area that the public can possibly view?

Really, MH should move with the times...I know the livery is retro, but the thinking need not be as archaic as well.

I share your views on their retro-thinking. It's not as if the livery has never been seen before. It is this very same mindset that ensures MH always comes up with me-too non-innovative hardware that has a short shelf-life.

Maybe we should advise MH to do the repaint at Gong Kedak.

This retro 738 was outside MH hanger at KUL this afternoon.

O my god...please call the MH hotline to quickly drape the plane in some wrapping paper...or someone might see it...

What a morning it has been today!

I share Amirul Mazlan's sentiment wholeheartedly. And to add to that, here are some PMs from interested parties that I received after the (second) removal of the photos:

Bodohnye mas....siap buat phone call suruh remove the photos..wtf..mmg bodoh tahap sial...

a few MW senior members covering the process of the retrojet and now they kinda in the hot soup. mh dont want the pics to be on the web until launching date thats why they are uptight about it.

Mas are making noise. No clue. I cannot see the logic either.

From my point of view:

- First and foremost, this whole incident will not occur if someone (whom I believe is involved with the project) did not upload the 'supposedly confidential' photos on the net in the first place. If we don't want people to see it, why on earth did we uploaded it on the internet?

- Getting more traffic has always been MW's prime interest. It is an exclusive scoop like this that always bringing in high traffic (as exhibited today). For materials which have been publicly accessible on the net, if it is not being shared in this forum, someone else will grab the chance and share it somewhere else. Would we rather have the photos to appear in SQ Talk, A.Net or Indoflyer first rather than MalaysianWings?

- Rumour type materials will ALWAYS find its way to the forum, whether we like it or not.

- I think the communication between the senior members when conducting projects of this nature should be improved. I think all the senior members involved in the project have access to the Flight Ops subforum, in which the last communication was done on 27 November 2011, more than a year ago. A simple notification to others who can access that subforum, including the founder, will help the problem from escalating as we will support it for sure from our individual capacities.

- I personally hope the matter has been resolved with MH amicably (was told one of the senior members was summoned by the MH's Head of Maintenance over this matter) and that it won't jeopardise the upcoming coverage of MH A380 oneworld livery. (Told ya rumours always find its way to the forum).

- For the upcoming coverage of MH A380 oneworld livery, if MH wants it to be done their way, I hope it will be communicated accordingly as to avoid from the same problem to arise again. And I wish all of you guys good luck with the assignment.

MAR,

In BOLEHLAND, people in power always get their priority WRONG .........just get used to it bro :sorry:

:hi:

Edited by Lock SH

It is unfortunate that whilst some of us adore MH, MH doesn't want us to be excited about it, or talk about it... perhaps angry even. Oh well...

Just respect them by not stolen from hangar, maybe MH know how to publish their product to public. By the way, they just show sneak preview (nose part) on their FB.

Just respect them by not stolen from hangar, maybe MH know how to publish their product to public. By the way, they just show sneak preview (nose part) on their FB.

Thanks. Seen it already... since way back in 1972 :) 40 years on and MAS wants to keep it a secret :rolleyes:

MAR,

In BOLEHLAND, people in power always get their priority WRONG .........just get used to it bro :sorry:

:hi:

Well, not just in Malaysia but it happens everywhere else (remember Apple?). If the owner do not wish it to be published before the debut, FFS please respect it.

It's not going to hurt if we see it on the day of the debut.

I believe this is the key issue! The shots were inside the hangar where it's prohibited to take photographs for obvious reason. It's not really because they don't want to have the livery seen before launch.

You guys have managed to make a mountain out of a molehill - typical!

I believe this is the key issue! The shots were inside the hangar where it's prohibited to take photographs for obvious reason. It's not really because they don't want to have the livery seen before launch.

You guys have managed to make a mountain out of a molehill - typical!

True, in some cases, it may attract lawsuits, this is the last thing we want to happen to this forum.

There is also not much of a point to compare MH with AK as different companies have different poilcies.

I guess what Norman said about being immature is the lack of understanding of respect and the possibility of a lawsuit.