MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ikman Ikreza

AirAsia Withdrawn Routes

I wonder why.

The last time I operate this KUL-CMB-KUL flight with MH, it was full. And MH operates a nightly run, which I think not the best in timings.

Edited by Radzi

I wonder why.

The last time I operate this KUL-CMB-KUL flight with MH, it was full. And MH operates a nightly run, which I think not the best in timings.

Maybe Sri Lankans are too poor to afford to fly. And those that can afford to fly have no appetite for LCCs.

For the route to work, the airline will need pax from both ends. AK is obviously not getting sufficient load and yields.

So, not everyone can fly now between KUL and CMB. I wonder if it's because they're not making a big enough profit on the route. UL is increasing frequency, so there must be enough people travelling on this route.

Hahaha, UL is now twice daily on this route, and MH is going to be daily too if I am not correct. AK should really think before jumping into every single route. Does them more harm really of they keep pulling out each time ...

Airasia's 5 year strategic plan stated:

Routes less than three hours allow better revenue returns due to more sectors flown and AirAsia have remain focused on that strategy hence the termination of longer routes like Kuala Lumpur to Colombo recently.

HKG is more than 3 hrs from KUL and so are quite a number of their other destinations. What a stupid excuse.

HKG is more than 3 hrs from KUL and so are quite a number of their other destinations. What a stupid excuse.

I think you got the correct reason when you said:

I wonder if it's because they're not making a big enough profit on the route.

HKG is making enough profit - so its return on assets employed is acceptable.

Waiting for the right aircraft.

and a more sensible implementation of the EU's ETS and the UK's exorbitant rates of APD.

Me too. Gone were the days when you can find sub RM2K fares to Europe. The cheapest I can find right now is KLM, about RM2.8K to AMS.

I found a return ticket to Switzerland from SIN for only SGD704 all-in!! Promo ended yesterday though. And a return ticket to Italy for only SGD831 all-in :yahoo:

By the way, the cheapest air fare i can find to Europe from KUL now is RM2640 on Air France, inclusive of RM75 credit card fee. It is only RM2565 if you pay by cash at KLM office or through bank transfer :p

I found a return ticket to Switzerland from SIN for only SGD704 all-in!! Promo ended yesterday though. And a return ticket to Italy for only SGD831 all-in :yahoo:

By the way, the cheapest fare i can find to Europe from KUL now is RM2640 on Air France, inclusive of RM75 credit card fee. It is only RM2565 if you pay by cash at KLM office or through bank transfer :p

You know how long I was eyeing those tickets? Imagined my disappointment when I found out their promo ended yesterday...I was eyeing Rome...I couldn't book because I just bought my brother's KCH-MEL on SQ. I'm so sad and depressed right now...I so wanted to fly on Swiss and my Lufthansa's miles

&more card came yesterday...so so sad...did you snap up the promo tickets? I just wanna die right now...huhuhu!

The AF launch offer is extended until 28/2 I think. RM2777 to some destination in Europe.

You know how long I was eyeing those tickets? Imagined my disappointment when I found out their promo ended yesterday...I was eyeing Rome...I couldn't book because I just bought my brother's KCH-MEL on SQ. I'm so sad and depressed right now...I so wanted to fly on Swiss and my Lufthansa's miles

&more card came yesterday...so so sad...did you snap up the promo tickets? I just wanna die right now...huhuhu!

I found out about the Swiss International promotion when i was browsing the Forum Lowyat Travel section on Sunday. Someone posted there that he will be flying to Zurich later this year and the ticket he paid is only around RM1760/person. I was very surprised and a bit doubtful because it was a deal too good to be true but it was for real.

When i checked the LX promo fares on Sunday, tickets were almost sold out but seats in November and December were still widely open. I did not book though as i was not sure if i'll be free this November/December :(

But hey, the AF promotion is still on. Do check that out :D

The AF launch offer is extended until 28/2 I think. RM2777 to some destination in Europe.

It's cheaper than the advertised RM2777 because i just booked two return tickets to Europe in May for only RM2565/pax all-in :p

Maybe we should pin a thread for offers and one off fare for the benefit of all mw members...Aye? Nay?

Cikgu, I don't really care about offers and one off fares, if my heart says AYE, nothing else can say NAY!

LOL

so follow the heart! money part can kira next time!

Cikgu, I don't really care about offers and one off fares, if my heart says AYE, nothing else can say NAY!

LOL

so follow the heart! money part can kira next time!

AYE....

With that, I formally request our dear moderator to start a thread for special fares around the world and pin it as we can always go back and check. Let's contribute to a cheaper and value-for-money air travels!

Now back to topic...AK cut down their frequency on the BKI-TPE but now seemed to go back to daily. Seasonal maybe? You know like Winter Timetable and Summer Timetable. I think Malaysia should make it Visa-free fro Taiwanese to visit Malaysia, is there a channel for us to submit such a request?