MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Sharil Abdul Rahman

KFC on Selected Japan Airline flights

I tried kfc in london...the chicken is bigger and meatier but kinda cotton-y in texture...sembileh the islam way of slaughtering which drains the blood means the chicken is more tender and springy...at least that's how I like my kfc.

I tried kfc in london...the chicken is bigger and meatier but kinda cotton-y in texture...sembileh the islam way of slaughtering which drains the blood means the chicken is more tender and springy...at least that's how I like my kfc.

Haha, the KFC in the UK is by far the worst I've ever come across. I still go there from time to time though.

Amsterdam gets my vote for the best KFC in Europe... its probably because I'm a Hot & Spicy fan and they know how to do it properly over there.

I heard the chickens were given growth hormone. Now imagine if without growth hormone you dinner plate will be nothing but appetizers only.

If the same logic is with the copy cat "tofu" and amongst other copy cat food, like melanie milk in China. I would be very worried! :D

Same goes for Genetically Modified (GM) food!

Edited by S V Choong

Do elaborate. :)

My guess is our way of cooking has no health consideration in it.

UK vs M'sia KFC :

UK Menu Includes : Baked Beans, Corn, Gravy, Chicken Strip, "Hot Wings" (half chicken wings), Smoothies , Bacon on Zinger Buger

Uk Menu Excludes : Mash Potato, "Spicy" style Chicken , Buns, Snack Plate/Dinner plate combo.

KFC in M'sia is so much nicer though. In the UK it feels like the chicken was left to soak in oil before serving :p No crunch & meat that oozes liquid

UK vs M'sia KFC :

UK Menu Includes : Baked Beans, Corn, Gravy, Chicken Strip, "Hot Wings" (half chicken wings), Smoothies , Bacon on Zinger Buger

Uk Menu Excludes : Mash Potato, "Spicy" style Chicken , Buns, Snack Plate/Dinner plate combo.

KFC in M'sia is so much nicer though. In the UK it feels like the chicken was left to soak in oil before serving :p No crunch & meat that oozes liquid

True. KFC in UK is too oily.......

But growth hormone fed chicken probably isn't strong enough to combat the side-effects of drug C :D

Eat more "growth hormone fed" chicken till side effect of drug C is negated

It's what we in the profession refer to as 'dose titration' :D

..... all the home-cooked chickens came from my grandmother and were not treated with growth hormone

You are probably one of lucky few - there are not many grandmothers remaining who possess expertise and patience to bother with chicken of 'home' variety :)

Actually.. I think MY's KFC and McD tastes much better than SG's.. Plainly because our KFC Crispy is much spicier than SG's.. I mean I like spicy stuff.. So maybe thats why MY's version tastes much better :) but food's taste is very subjective.. to each his own :)

yes it is...

so far I have tried KFC/MCD in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Thailand...

and I have to say Malaysia is still the best... 2nd best to me is Thailand (merely because of their green curry (KFC) & samurai pork burger (MCD))... other countries in my list don't know what happened to their fast food LOL :p

yes it is...

so far I have tried KFC/MCD in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Thailand...

and I have to say Malaysia is still the best... 2nd best to me is Thailand (merely because of their green curry (KFC) & samurai pork burger (MCD))... other countries in my list don't know what happened to their fast food LOL :p

In China, I like KFC shrimp burger.

I love that my post about JAL serving definitely non-crispy chicken in the air becomes a discussion about KFC chickens ahaha.

I may be in the tiny majority here, but I am one who prefers it when the skin goes all soggy and oozes with oil/fat when crunched upon :pardon: What that need to be crispy (and crunchy) are the bones and cartilages

Cardiologist, dentist and wife all frown upon this, but it's not everyday one indulges as such :D

Many Malaysians unknowingly or automatically add chili sauce to their food (e.g. KFC, dimsum, steak, etc) and often judge the food with or based on taste of chili sauce.

Edited by KK Lee

I may be in the tiny majority here, but I am one who prefers it when the skin goes all soggy and oozes with oil/fat when crunched upon :pardon: What that need to be crispy (and crunchy) are the bones and cartilages

Cardiologist, dentist and wife all frown upon this, but it's not everyday one indulges as such :D

Same here, but feels really guilty after wards :p

Had the new KFC breakfast menu this morning -- not as good as McD's, yet!

Chips or fries are better as McD's.

Just promise yourself you'll go do that stint on the jogging tract tomorrow, guilt may dissipate

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't - but then it's all in the mind anyway :p

i remembered when I was a kid I really wanted to eat Hot & Spicy so I cried to my mum and yet she said "small kid cannot eat spicy one!!" HAHAHA :rofl:

and when I grew up, I prefer Original more than H&S... :db:

PS: any Marry Brown fans here 8) i love their chicken for being less oily...

Many Malaysians unknowingly or automatically add chili sauce to their food (e.g. KFC, dimsum, steak, etc) and often judge the food with or based on taste of chili sauce.

Don't forget soya sauce in the obligatory 'dipping saucer' :D

Over here, there is even the custom of adding in cilli padi and in some instances garlic into the concoction

And the worst bit ? We dunk whatever it is into that before we even try tasting the food presented, on assumption it needs further seasoning :D

It's a disgrace and affront to the chef's labour, but old habit dies hard :D

Had the new KFC breakfast menu this morning -- not as good as McD's, yet!

I had 2 McD breakfast in a row yesterday and today. Thought Big Breakfast was supposed to come with pancake. WTH! So only managed to get the pancake today. Best part of it was the free flow of coffee. Don't think many places here offer that at that price.

I love that my post about JAL serving definitely non-crispy chicken in the air becomes a discussion about KFC chickens ahaha.

Haha. Reason being KFC is a well-known franchise so I thought "technically" should taste the same. I have tried "yong chow" fried rice on CX originating from HKG and it tasted "bad", but that's not franchise food.

Chips or fries are better as McD's.

For brekky, chips/fries normally not in the set. Usual stuff: pancakes, eggs, potato patties, chicken/beef pattties, free-flow coffee.

For brekky, chips/fries normally not in the set. Usual stuff: pancakes, eggs, potato patties, chicken/beef pattties, free-flow coffee.

In Malaysia, only chicken patties for breakfast.

Potato patties? In Australia or NZ, we have the hash browns :)

Potato patties? In Australia or NZ, we have the hash browns :)

Ye lah, hash browns! :)

Sign in to follow this