MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Sharil Abdul Rahman

KFC on Selected Japan Airline flights

Japan airlines is going to serve KFC on selected routes to the US and Europe.

Say wha?

http://www.johnnyjet...-us-and-europe/

http://press.jal.co....211/002326.html

TOKYO, November 28, 2012: Japan Airlines (JAL) and Kentucky Fried Chicken Japan (KFC) have collaborated on the 7thinstallment of the popular AIR SERIES in-flight meal onboard select international JAL flights, and will be serving onboard, [AIR KENTUCKY FRIED CHICKEN] from December 1, 2012 to February 28, 2013.

Someone from Singapore told me KFC here taste different compared to those in Singapore. Is it true? If that's the case then Japan KFC should be different than those in US or Europe.

Someone from Singapore told me KFC here taste different compared to those in Singapore. Is it true? If that's the case then Japan KFC should be different than those in US or Europe.

Yes.. I was studying in SG for 6 years about 10 years ago and KFC + McD at SG tasted very different compared to MY's :)

Yes.. I was studying in SG for 6 years about 10 years ago and KFC + McD at SG tasted very different compared to MY's :)

Do elaborate. :)

My guess is our way of cooking has no health consideration in it.

Yes,same brand restaurant all around the world have different taste in different country.

I'm living Taiwan now and I used to say the KFC in here is suck.

Do elaborate. :)

My guess is our way of cooking has no health consideration in it.

Actually.. I think MY's KFC and McD tastes much better than SG's.. Plainly because our KFC Crispy is much spicier than SG's.. I mean I like spicy stuff.. So maybe thats why MY's version tastes much better :) but food's taste is very subjective.. to each his own :)

Well just to share I usually will go for something that is unavailable in Malaysia when visiting overseas McD or KFC.

Chicken in KFC Australia tastes different compared to KFC I have tried in HK, Malaysia, Singapore, Japan, China, NZ and etc. They all are slightly different, but NZ and Australia shares the same menu and same taste I believe. All to do with the way chicken are prepared. In Australia and NZ, they do not drain the chicken's blood.

Each country's KFC menu are different too. Same as McD. :)

It is a relief to know that they are serving as second meal. Not the main serve.

Edited by S V Choong

yeah... a friend of mine from the Philippine said the same thing about KFC taste differently in his country and malaysia.... He said the chicken here taste better and sweet... :)

Well just to share I usually will go for something that is unavailable in Malaysia when visiting overseas McD or KFC.

I agree with you.. Whenever I went to Thailand.. or Japan in the past (now not in the menu anymore I think).. I would always wanna try the pork burgers because we don't have it in SG or MY..

Looking at the meal sample from JAL press release, looks like paying RM17++ for a dinner plate on the ground is a better deal.

I think JAL should ask KFC to create some Japanese theme KFC menu. Jut like what McD offers with a Japanese themed menus while back.

Chicken in KFC Australia tastes different compared to KFC I have tried in HK, Malaysia, Singapore, Japan, China, NZ and etc. They all are slightly different, but NZ and Australia shares the same menu and same taste I believe. All to do with the way chicken are prepared. In Australia and NZ, they do not drain the chicken's blood.

Each country's KFC menu are different too. Same as McD. :)

It is a relief to know that they are serving as second meal. Not the main serve.

In all QSR, apart from core products like Big Mac, Quaterpounder, Filet-o-fish for McDonald's, every country have variants to suit local preference. Although recipes, ingredients (e.g. KFC spices, BigMac sauce) used and weight in core products is identical in every country, the difference are produce (e.g. chicken, fish, potato) sourced locally. In Malaysia, fast growth rate breed of chicken is used, hence, chicken is less flavourful and lost more water when cooked (i.e. significant shrinkage at drum stick= smaller piece). Similarly, McDonald's Filet-o-fish that use Alaskan Pollock taste difference from New Zealand Hoki.

In all QSR, apart from core products like Big Mac, Quaterpounder, Filet-o-fish for McDonald's, every country have variants to suit local preference. Although recipes, ingredients (e.g. KFC spices, BigMac sauce) used and weight in core products is identical in every country, the difference are produce (e.g. chicken, fish, potato) sourced locally. In Malaysia, fast growth rate breed of chicken is used, hence, chicken is less flavourful and lost more water when cooked (i.e. significant shrinkage at drum stick= smaller piece). Similarly, McDonald's Filet-o-fish that use Alaskan Pollock taste difference from New Zealand Hoki.

Fair enough. wonder what they use for Filet-O-fish here in Australia. Barramundi? :)

So we are referring to the so-called chicken with growth hormone? Not really healthy is it? I wouldn't say Malaysian KFC tastes the best in the world, that would be another self indulgence statement again. It is an acquired taste, I suppose.

Looking at the meal sample from JAL press release, looks like paying RM17++ for a dinner plate on the ground is a better deal. I think JAL should ask KFC to create some Japanese theme KFC menu. Jut like what McD offers with a Japanese themed menus while back.

Similar to some of the offering on AK I believe.

Fair enough. wonder what they use for Filet-O-fish here in Australia. Barramundi? :)

So we are referring to the so-called chicken with growth hormone? Not really healthy is it? I wouldn't say Malaysian KFC tastes the best in the world, that would be another self indulgence statement again. It is an acquired taste, I suppose.

Haha, maybe giant garoupa here. What a waste, man.

So we are referring to the so-called chicken with growth hormone?

Ever wondered why kids nowadays tend to end up taller than their parents ?! :D

Ever wondered why kids nowadays tend to end up taller than their parents ?! :D

Isaac... is that why are you taller than most of us? :D

At least for our generation is better access to nutrition previously not available for older generations??

Edited by S V Choong

Similar to some of the offering on AK I believe.

Oh, I always add-in cheezy wedges as extra, I can't see none of that on the in-flight menu. :)

Isaac... is that why are you taller than most of us? :D

Haha. I don't think so though. I only got the chance to eat fast food when dad is around but dad is hardly around (normal right ? 'cause dad usually is the one that gives everything the kids want and mom is the one say no to almost everything LOLOL).

I got to eat my favorite KFC like twice or thrice a year only when I was in primary school, and McDonalds only when we went to KL to meet up my dad. There was no McDonalds in KK until 1997. I stopped growing when I was 13 years old due to some side-effects from the meds I was taking then, which the doctor already informed my parents beforehand but she said no worries as even I stop growing then, I won't be considered short :p

I stopped growing when I was 13 years old due to some side-effects from the meds I was taking then, which the doctor already informed my parents beforehand but she said no worries .....

Why worry, simple solution, eat more growth hormone fed chicken lah :D

Basic yin-yang priciple :)

Why worry, simple solution, eat more growth hormone fed chicken lah :D

Basic yin-yang priciple :)

But growth hormone fed chicken probably isn't strong enough to combat the side-effects of drug C :D

Isaac, you don't need to eat at KFC or McD to get growth hormone chicken, they are more widely available than you ever thought!

Did eat a lot of chicken growing up but all the home-cooked chickens came from my grandmother and were not treated with growth hormone. Mom has always had the same concern for those chickens sold at the market...

I heard the chickens were given growth hormone. Now imagine if without growth hormone you dinner plate will be nothing but appetizers only.

Sign in to follow this