MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Josh T

Interesting article about what cabin crew think about passengers

http://au.totaltravel.yahoo.com/travel-ideas/news-opinions/news/a/-/15365959/revealed-the-perfect-airline-passenger/?src=y7homepage

Top passenger peeves:

1. Clicking fingers to get your attention - 26%

2. Leaving seat at the end before the light goes off - 13%

3. Stuffing too many bags into overhead locker - 11%

4. Complaining there’s no space for their bag in the locker - 10%

5. Talking through the safety demo - 9%

6. Asking for more blankets/pillows - 8%

7. Stuffing rubbish in the seat pocket - 7%

8. Asking for a different meal - 6%

9. Ringing the attendant bell to complain about temperature - 6%

10. Asking for a specific brand of drink - 4%

I have personally seen the clicking of the fingers to get the flight attendant's attention (when I was in business class). It is so rude. I felt offended on behalf of the cabin crew! I also find the talking (loudly) through safety demonstrations very rude. Is it that hard to STFU for 5 mins?! As for point #3, we can blame the LCCs for that one!

According to the article,

The Perfect Passenger is:

• Male

• Travelling alone

• Age 31-40

• Sitting in Economy

• Reason for travel: leisure

I'm almost there!

Yes, it is absolutely disrespectful to be reading newspapers or talking while a safety demo was being carried out by the flight attendants.

But then, there's always two sides of the story.

Sometimes, some FA too are a bit cheeky themselves too.. (On a MAS flight to London) .."dah sejuk pun coke ni, awak nak ais batu lagi ke..? sejuk dah..seeejuk...hai...nah...(after walking back from the pentry, he shoved forward the cup with ice cubes in it in front of the embarrassed passenger without batting an eye on him).

• Male

• Travelling alone

• Age 31-40

• Sitting in Economy

I'm almost there!

Dang I was too occupied with...flying!

Nothing on taking pictures in the plane, having their pictures taken, asking to visit the cockpit. :D

Edited by Waiping

• Male

• Travelling alone

• Age 31-40

• Sitting in Economy

I'm almost there!

That's me! Muahahaha! How about witty and helpful?

As for point #3, we can blame the LCCs for that one!

Not for much longer though with the strictly enforced 1 cabin bag policy.

7. Stuffing rubbish in the seat pocket - 7%

I don't get this one. Although cabin crew will walk around to collect rubbish, passengers can miss it easily and no other place to put your rubbish.

I don't get this one. Although cabin crew will walk around to collect rubbish, passengers can miss it easily and no other place to put your rubbish.

Well if the passengers missed the cabin crew picking up rubbish they can easily take it with them when they disembark, rather than leaving it in the seat pocket. Or they can just walk to the galley & throw it themselves.

Remember the early days when smoking was allowed on commercial airliner, and there is a small ashtray on the seat handle? Still there on the old MH B734 but they have sealed it.

Well if the passengers missed the cabin crew picking up rubbish they can easily take it with them when they disembark, rather than leaving it in the seat pocket. Or they can just walk to the galley & throw it themselves.

Do you do that yourself? It's really hard especially when you're seated in the window or middle seats to bin the rubbish in the galley. During disembarkation, you can see how many passengers stuff rubbish into the seat pocket. However, on MH, some cabin crew will ask you to empty your seat pocket if it looks full, during rubbish walk around.

Do you do that yourself? It's really hard especially when you're seated in the window or middle seats to bin the rubbish in the galley. During disembarkation, you can see how many passengers stuff rubbish into the seat pocket. However, on MH, some cabin crew will ask you to empty your seat pocket if it looks full, during rubbish walk around.

Even if you're seated in the window seat or the middle seat, you do have to go to the toilet sometimes right?

It's just a question of wanting to do it.

Edited by Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

Even if you're seated in the window seat or the middle seat, you do have to go to the toilet sometimes right?

Yes, it is an attitude problem. A lot of people do not know what civic consciousness mean. No one in his/her right mind would do such things if this was their car or home. So why do this in an aircraft?

Just a lack of consideration.... Kurang ajar! :(

If you asked me, I only go to toilet once or twice during the flight, I will try to put the rubbish in the bin in galley. I know some people never left their seats for the whole 8-hour flight or even 12 hours. You have to remember, not all cabin crew walk slowly to pick up rubbish, some just rushed through the aisle. It's not fair to blame passengers for that.

Just click your fingers and ask them to throw the candy wrapping on your behalf. :D

Yes, it is absolutely disrespectful to be reading newspapers or talking while a safety demo was being carried out by the flight attendants.

But then, there's always two sides of the story.

What about a FA who gives a safety brief to pax seated at emergency exits - (on B734 row 11, 12 &14) in ENGLISH although most of the paxs seated there are 'Pakcik & Makcik' who just got back from Haj/Umrah, mostly who could barely speak a proper Bahasa Malaysia? I see/saw that all the time especially on the flights to KBR. What are they trying to prove?...... :lazy:

:hi:

Sign in to follow this