MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
H C Chai

Help needed: AirAsia KCH-SIN

Hi all

I am planning a family trip to Singapore and Melaka, travelling in early January. I wonder if you guys can help with the following:

1) Does AirAsia use aerobridge in Kuching for their Singapore bound flight? I've heard from friends that they do, but I'm not sure if this is always the case or just on an ad hoc basis.

2) How reliable is their schedule? Currently AirAsia booking system is showing 2 flights per day (mid morning and late afternoon ex-KCH). I know they are not good in keeping to their schedule and have the tendency of "combining" flights due to operational/commercial reasons. Does anyone here has any statistic (or personal experience) to share?

I know Q.2 is a little odd... I could have just booked MAS but their fare is so much more expensive than AK. I would love to fly Silkair but their schedule is just... haih... :(

Many Thanks in advance :)

KCH - KUL is super reliable.

Perhaps you could do KCH - KUL then to Melaka and then to Singapore before flying SIN - KCH. That way, you reduce your risks to just one sector.

KCH - KUL is super reliable.

Perhaps you could do KCH - KUL then to Melaka and then to Singapore before flying SIN - KCH. That way, you reduce your risks to just one sector.

Thanks flee. Yes I won't hesitate a bit if I were doing KCH-KUL. The problem is I need to be in SIN first then Melaka...

No comments on how reliable the schedule is but in kuching if it rains they will be using the bridge. If its fine and dandy no.

There is an immeasurable degree of comfort in that statement, compared to what that can be said of AK's BKI-SIN :D

Sin kch sin very reliable, aerobridge only if raining, twice a month on this sector for me no complains at all

There's always going to be some element of uncertainty with airline operations. We can tell you based on our gut that it should be fine but you never know what's going to play out on that day. Even the best airline in the world faces some operational issues every now and then.

Sign in to follow this