MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Meor

Family trip to Auckland in may 2013, which airlines give the best deals?

Thanks for the detail info MAR!

RM1300+ in taxes and charges for a roundtrip redemption is a lot of money, unfortunately this seems to be the norm nowadays.

Excellent point raised up! However, MH does not allow for the YQ charges to be omitted from its T&C.

This is the exhibit for 1 adult:

Redeem return ticket KUL-AKL-KUL:

Total miles required: 30,000

Surcharges: RM 1,317.00

Code Description Amount MY Malaysia: Passenger Service Charge MYR 65.00 each IA New Zealand: Passenger Security Charge MYR 24.00 each KK KK MYR 90.00 each YQ Fuel and Insurance surcharge MYR 1138.00 each

Redeem 2 one way ticket (KUL-AKL then AKL-KUL separately):

Total miles required: 15,000 + 15,000 = 30,000

Surcharges: RM 679.00 + NZD 246.95 (RM 618.26) = RM 1,297.26

Surcharge for KUL-AKL:

Code Description Amount MY Malaysia: Passenger Service Charge MYR 65.00 each KK KK MYR 45.00 each YQ Fuel and Insurance surcharge

MYR 569.00 each

Surcharges for AKL-KUL:

Code Description Amount IA New Zealand: Passenger Security Charge NZD 9.02 each KK KK NZD 17.43 each YQ Fuel and Insurance surcharge NZD 218.00 each YR Admin Surcharge NZD 2.50 each

Separating the booking does resulting in savings of RM 19.74 anyway.

thanks for the info MAR...

Need help please,

I have booked return promo flight tickets (KUL-AKL-KUL) using Enrich point for my mother in-law. Unfortunately she had an accident, a young boy with new driving license hit her from behind at the car park. Doctor advise her not to travel due to head injuries. My question is, can i transfer the ticket to my bro in-law? any other option? maybe somebody from enrich can help..... try to call the but having problem to connect to enrich...

meor.

*I can provide the letter from doctor.

Edited by Meor

Enrich is one of the least flexible programs i know of out there when it comes to this.

Almost all FFP's don't allow name changes on redemptions - including Enrich. What is NOT quite vague to most is that issued redemptions are not refundable, i.e, the miles can't be redeposited. Unless something's changed since they joined OW, i'm afraid you're probably out of luck if they follow the book to the letter. Sorry to hear about your mum in law, but your best bet is probably on compassionate grounds, rather than standard practises as per the T&C.

PS - hope she gets better soon!

Edited by Suzanne Goh

All is not lost, Meor. I've had to cancel Enrich redemptions flights before. Just ring them up and tell them you want to cancel the ticket. The miles won't be re-credited into the account but the ticket will be on hold for up to 6 months. When it is time to re-book the flight (sector cannot be changed), just call Enrich to make the booking, quoting the relevent ticket number/PNR. It's very easy.

PS. Hope you MIL recovers quickly.

Edited by Josh T

Sign in to follow this