MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
zeqa

Royal brunei new colour??

What!?? Ridiculously Boring that's what RB stands for now :lazy:

From my view,The 'RB' title should be removed from the tail,and enlarge the state emblem; that will do,and it's just my opinion.

Edited by Tamizi Hj Tamby

hahahaha

brunei new airport -

552228_10151172384293192_1201323351_n.jpg

While I applauded DCA in renovating and refurbishing the airport, however, based on the plan, there isn't any significant changes to current structure and layout. One additional gate and more parking?? Does Brunei ever think of making Brunei International Airport an important transit hub for other airline. Brunei Airport has missed the chance since Qantas now is using 'Falcon Route'.

Weird that they swapped the red of the state emblem for black on the tail. The font reminds me of those used on "boutique" hotels wannabes , just dosent seem to have substance.

From my view,The 'RB' title should be removed from the tail,and enlarge the state emblem; that will do,and it's just my opinion.

Yup, that sounds like a reasonable less-embarassing quick fix to the disaster-of-a-new-livery.

What's with all these airlines so eager at going with these minimalist designs... Duh!

Edited by Isaac

Why mess with perfection? The new design's utterly horrendous. The livery's lost all sense of the 'Royal' feel to it. They've been synonymous with 'RBA' for so long, renaming it to RB is just plain wrong. And they've made matters worse by permanently placing that on the tail. The tail should've been for logos and emblems only and not for acronyms of any sort.

I'm gonna miss seeing all those yellow landing above my rooftop, cos it's always gonna be gray skies from now on. I sure hope BKH and MHB are never gonna change.

http://www.cardataba...ig/00014435.jpg

the tail should be more like this.

00014435.jpg

I agree with you, this would've been a much better design. The 85~% white scheme would still have been parallel to the minimalist design concept if that was in fact what they were hellbent to aim for in the first place, but at least the rest of the design will look like it was well thought of, unlike the new design. As THE national carrier, the overly-simplistic new design somehow portrays us in Brunei as lacking in creativity and short of talented graphic designers :(

Why mess with perfection? The new design's utterly horrendous. The livery's lost all sense of the 'Royal' feel to it. They've been synonymous with 'RBA' for so long, renaming it to RB is just plain wrong. And they've made matters worse by permanently placing that on the tail. The tail should've been for logos and emblems only and not for acronyms of any sort.

I'm gonna miss seeing all those yellow landing above my rooftop, cos it's always gonna be gray skies from now on. I sure hope BKH and MHB are never gonna change.

I agree with you, this would've been a much better design. The 85~% white scheme would still have been parallel to the minimalist design concept if that was in fact what they were hellbent to aim for in the first place, but at least the rest of the design will look like it was well thought of, unlike the new design. As THE national carrier, the overly-simplistic new design somehow portrays us in Brunei as lacking in creativity and short of talented graphic designers :(

Yes. The old livery has something unique to it. The new one is like a five minuted job with photoshop program I think this livery is design by some firm from overseas? The old livery is design by Boeing I think.

Actually i found the new livery of Royal brunei quite modern look than the current one..

So where do you see?

While I applauded DCA in renovating and refurbishing the airport, however, based on the plan, there isn't any significant changes to current structure and layout. One additional gate and more parking?? Does Brunei ever think of making Brunei International Airport an important transit hub for other airline. Brunei Airport has missed the chance since Qantas now is using 'Falcon Route'.

I think Brunei airport will only see changed within its arrival hall & interior- No major change as only few flights serve BWN airport and only international airline landing BWN are MAS, SQ, AK ? Other users is the BSP heli sikorsky for off shore

What's with the "R"? They apply the "R" with longer right leg across board. :p

What's with the "R"? They apply the "R" with longer right leg across board. :p

isnt that longer right leg R is 'RBA signature'

hmm think the new rebranding would look better if the plane livery have Jawi inscriptions of RB name.more unique

Edited by Teo

Yes. The old livery has something unique to it. The new one is like a five minuted job with photoshop program I think this livery is design by some firm from overseas? The old livery is design by Boeing I think.

So where do you see?

I think Brunei airport will only see changed within its arrival hall & interior- No major change as only few flights serve BWN airport and only international airline landing BWN are MAS, SQ, AK ? Other users is the BSP heli sikorsky for off shore

maswings and cebu pacific as well

Im thinking that they want to give the airline a more classy "classical" look, class has always been linked with minimalist rather than multicolours. Noted also that they have engaged Interbrand, the company behind Mexicana and Thai Airways rebranding for this exercise. Im foreseeing exciting years ahead for RBA :)

http://rano360.com/ranoadidas2/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=453:royal-brunei-nothing-more-nothing-less&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=50