MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
abikurami

Air France Returned to Kuala Lumpur from 22 April 2013 until 25 October 2015

Wow, that is one heck of a difference ! :D

Sorry, dunno how to read these things - get ready for a cramppy flight then :)

I hope it won't be too bad!

Full Y? If it was me I'd ask for the upper deck - it feels less crowded IMO.

Unfortunately i'm not allowed to choose a seat on the upper deck :(

They have enough B772s to make FRA daily now and I think they should!

More proof that the A380 is a pax magnet!

Would be interesting to see what happens on the KUL-HKG route.

So it was a blunder to delay delivery of MH A380?

Came back to Malaysia on AF246 on May 11th, 2013 and there were about 10+ free seats in Y, only 5 passengers in Premium Economy (24 seats available), 10 or so passengers in Business Class (49 seats available) and i believe La Première was totally empty (4 seats available). This is about the same as the load on AF241 i took on May 3rd, 2013. I think it's only a matter of time before this route is downgraded to a 3-class 772 :pardon:

There were quite a few of Indonesian passengers on the AF flight transiting to the KLM-operated CGK flight. This could well be a very low yield flight... Anyway, i do hope AF will stick around.

Came back to Malaysia on AF246 on May 11th, 2013 and there were about 10+ free seats in Y, only 5 passengers in Premium Economy (24 seats available), 10 or so passengers in Business Class (49 seats available) and i believe La Première was totally empty (4 seats available). This is about the same as the load on AF241 i took on May 3rd, 2013. I think it's only a matter of time before this route is downgraded to a 3-class 772 :pardon:

There were quite a few of Indonesian passengers on the AF flight transiting to the KLM-operated CGK flight. This could well be a very low yield flight... Anyway, i do hope AF will stick around.

I guess that's why AF is asking to form partnership or codeshare with MH. AF is not only competing with MH, but also with KL on SkyTeam routes and connection. However, I think the load is still doing well on the Economy class, probably depending on seasons to travel.

However, I think the load is still doing well on the Economy class, probably depending on seasons to travel.

That's the thing. Load is only doing well in Economy Class and it doesn't justify deploying a 4-class 772 on this route.

I had 3 great flights on AF in only 1 week and I was very impressed! So i hope they will stick around and not hand over this route back to KL. I seriously do not think this route will survive long with a 4-class 772. May be something mirroring their BKK operation will do better. Currently KL has a daily 77W flight to BKK while AF is operating 3-weekly high density 3-class 77W. Well, just as long as AF doesn't withdraw from KUL completely. AF is my preferred carrier to EU now :p

By the way, F-GSPX flew me back to KL on May 11th, 2012. Any idea how long this plane has been in service ?

**Nevermind, found it. Entered commercial service with AF on March 13th, 2002 and it is on leased from ILFC. But any idea where can i find the registration of the plane that flew me to CDG on May 3rd, 2013 ?

Edited by Isaac

Wow that's pretty low :( - I actually do like AF a lot. Especially the older aunty FA's cause they call me mademoiselle - which along with Fraulein - has gone out of common usage in France and Germany. :p - just boring Frau and Madame these days... :o

I guess most people prefer to fly MH big jumbo. But based on the current history where A380 may face technical difficulty at anytime and cause massive delay, it could somehow swing the passengers to AF, too.

But then again, MH is offering daily A380 flights between KUL to AF vv.!

I guess most people prefer to fly MH big jumbo. But based on the current history where A380 may face technical difficulty at anytime and cause massive delay, it could somehow swing the passengers to AF, too.

But then again, MH is offering daily A380 flights between KUL to AF vv.!

Not too sure about that. Usually only people like us are more particular about the plane type while majority of the people do not care at all. The MAS seat inventory that is available for public access is quite deceiving and very often doesn't display the actual load of the flight and i wasn't the only one who noticed this. Besides, history suggests that MAS often cannot make a profit even on a full flight :pardon:

Anyway, FFP plays a major role too. And to those people going to Europe, Air France-KLM no doubt offer better connection and better air fare too! I also noticed Air France-KLM is consistently cheaper than the Middle East BIG 3.

Not too sure about that. Usually only people like us are more particular about the plane type while majority of the people do not care at all. The MAS seat inventory that is available for public access is quite deceiving and very often doesn't display the actual load of the flight and i wasn't the only one who noticed this. Besides, history suggests that MAS often cannot make a profit even on a full flight :pardon:

Anyway, FFP plays a major role too. And to those people going to Europe, Air France-KLM no doubt offer better connection and better air fare too! I also noticed Air France-KLM is consistently cheaper than the Middle East BIG 3.

Cheaper than Emirates and Etihad is no doubt, but I still think Kuwait is the cheapest, though I'm not sure about the service, but at least better than D7? haha.

It appears Air France will start deploying a 3-class B777-200ER between CDG and KUL starting February next year, replacing the current 4-class B777-200ER. This is not surprising at all. Now, only if they will make it a daily service...

Based on my experience flying them in June, the J and Y+ classes are full. F was empty I believe.

4 classes 772 has 4F, 49J, 24Y+ and 170Y seats.

3 classes 772 has 35J, 24Y+ and 250Y seats.

So, as far as premium classes are concern, this is a downgrade. 4F and 14J seats are being traded for 80Y seats.

I recalled reading an article about fare ratios between the seats in different classes, something about 1J seat is equal to 4Y seats and 1F seat is equal to 2J seat or 8Y seats.

If based on this ratio, 4F and 14J seats is equal to (4*8 ) + (14*4) = 32 + 56 = 88Y seats.

Therefore, despite a deficit of 8 seats (88 - 80) in this equation, I hope the bottomline is still a surplus for AF.

Agree that the service should be made daily.

On my 2 flights with AF, J had 8 seats empty, Y+ and Y were full. Great service, would fly them again!!

Sorry first class was empty on one leg

AF is increasing flights to KUL from

Next June as per airlineroutes.net

As per 31OCT13 GDS timetable/inventory display, latest changes to AIRFRANCE Summer 2014 Long-Haul operation, from 30MAR14, as follow. Further changes remain possible in the next few weeks.

Paris CDG Kuala Lumpur eff 22JUN14 Introduction of 4th weekly service, operating on Sundays from CDG

AF246 CDG1940 1405+1KUL 772 x235

AF241 KUL2310 0610+1CDG 772 x346

AF is increasing flights to KUL from

Next June as per airlineroutes.net

As per 31OCT13 GDS timetable/inventory display, latest changes to AIRFRANCE Summer 2014 Long-Haul operation, from 30MAR14, as follow. Further changes remain possible in the next few weeks.

Paris CDG Kuala Lumpur eff 22JUN14 Introduction of 4th weekly service, operating on Sundays from CDG

AF246 CDG1940 1405+1KUL 772 x235

AF241 KUL2310 0610+1CDG 772 x346

:yahoo: :yahoo: Such a wonderful news! Who says only the ME big 3 offer competitive air fares to Europe ? Air France-KLM is just as competitive, if not lower and the the inflight service i experienced on Air France was way better than some airlines... :closedeyes: The Air France crews on my flights were surprisingly friendly and polite :good:

Hahas!! True but unfortunately passengers who had bad experiences with Air France aren't making a beeline to be their customers. Reading from many forums, their crews are very indifferent, rude and oblivious not to forget those sub-par F, J, Y+ and Y class hard products. However, these shortcomings are being progressively rectified. http://corporate.airfrance.com/en/press/press-releases/article/item/economy-and-premium-economy-the-move-upmarket-for-each-and-every-passenger/

I sure do hope AF do well and the latest staff cut is not too severe.

Reading from many forums, their crews are very indifferent, rude and oblivious not to forget those sub-par F, J, Y+ and Y class hard products.

I did not expect anything from AF at all when i bought their tickets. I was just happy that i managed to buy their promo ticket during the initial route launching period. And another reason i did not expect a good service from AF was because AF is French, and French are known to be obnoxious, or so i read. I have also read some not so pretty feedbacks about AF in a few forums.

But God, most of the French i interacted with (AF crews, AF ground staffs at CDG, staffs at McDonalds) were all such great people and polite. No. I was definitely not drunk :lol: I was actually very surprised because things i read from the internet about the French and AF staffs in general, are not pretty at all!

not to forget those sub-par F, J, Y+ and Y class hard products.

AF Premium Voyageur is quite a fine product from what i saw. F is still okay but yes, J and Y definitely need some improvements, especially the AVOD system in Y on most of their 777. The TV screens on AF 777 are very outdated and small. But of course, good thing that new seat for Y is already on the way and AF new J is going to be one of the best in the sky. The new AF long-haul J will be the same as the one found on AA 77W and CX new long-haul J :good:

Edited by Isaac

My experience with them on NCL-CDG-KUL vv were good. Food not amazing, entertainment so-so but crew were really nice... Plus they had lovely French accents..

But God, most of the French i interacted with (AF crews, AF ground staffs at CDG, staffs at McDonalds) were all such great people and polite. No. I was definitely not drunk :lol: I was actually very surprised because things i read from the internet about the French and AF staffs in general, are not pretty at all!

had the opportunity to talk with the french during my last visit there... their perception towards the tourist definitely has changed. They have to esp when Paris keep on being voted as the most visited city in the world. I did noticed it as well they are indeed more polite and open to English speaking tourist these days as compared to 3 years back. :)

Sign in to follow this