MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
abikurami

Air France Returned to Kuala Lumpur from 22 April 2013 until 25 October 2015

There is some truth to the rumour. AF and possibly TK to launch flights to KUL in 2013. Fingers crossed :acute:

TK was supposed to start KUL services two years ago, but that didn't quite pan out.

It's no longer a rumour. Air France has mentioned flights to Kuala Lumpur starting April 22 2013 on its website. 3 times a week with B777-200.

FLY OFF TO MINNEAPOLIS-ST.PAUL AND KUALA LUMPUR WITH AIR FRANCE NEXT SUMMER

Tuesday 23 October 2012

Air France is continuing the development of its international long-haul network, the most extensive in the world, with two new destinations in summer 2013: Minneapolis-St. Paul (Minnesota) and Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia).

actualite_minneapolis_kuala_lumpur_630x0.jpg

Minneapolis-St. Paul: travel to the heart of America

From 21 May to 1 September 2013, Air France will operate flights to Minneapolis-St.Paul (Minnesota) from Paris-Charles de Gaulle* airport. This seasonal destination will be served by Airbus A340 with a total capacity of 275 seats, equipped with 30 seats in Business, 21 Premium Economy seats and 224 seats in Economy.

In the United States, Minneapolis-St.Paul will be the 11th Air France destination** in addition to Delta Air Lines’ existing service. Minneapolis-St. Paul is one of the Delta’s major hubs serving 118 destinations in the United States and Canada, with 452 daily departures.

This new Air France flight to Minneapolis-St. Paul will be operated as part of the trans-Atlantic joint venture between Air France-KLM, Alitalia and Delta Air Lines, offering additional connecting opportunities between networks in Europe and North America. The partner airlines are choosing to concentrate their capacity on routes linking together their hubs.

Kuala Lumpur: in the heart of Malaysia

Starting 22 April 2013, Air France will operate three weekly flights to Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) from Paris-Charles de Gaulle airport. This destination will be operated by Boeing 777-200 with a total capacity of 247 seats, equipped with 4 seats in La Première, 49 seats in Business, 24 seats in Premium Economy and 170 seats in Economy.

In order to offer customers increased comfort on its routes, Air France plans to operate night flights to and from Kuala Lumpur. Ticket bookings will open on 9 November.

In Asia, Kuala Lumpur will be the 15th destination** served by Air France. This new service is in addition to the 205 weekly flights operated between Paris, Amsterdam and Asia by Air France and KLM. This flight completes the flight offering between Europe and Malaysia, with the daily flight already operated by KLM to Kuala Lumpur. Customers wishing to travel to Indonesia from Europe will also benefit from connecting opportunities to Jakarta offered by KLM.

* 5 weekly frequencies from 21 May to 16 June, and subsequently

1 daily flight from 17 June to 1 September 2013

**during summer 2013

Flight times (local times)

To and from Minneapolis-St.Paul

- AF 694: Departure from Paris-Charles de Gaulle at 13:50 – Arrival in Minneapolis-St. Paul at 16:05

- AF 697: Departure from Minneapolis-St. Paul at 20:00 – Arrival at Paris-Charles de Gaulle at 11:25

To and from Kuala Lumpur (local time)

- AF 246: Departure from Paris-Charles de Gaulle at 19:40 – Arrival at Kuala Lumpur at 13:50

- AF 241: Departure from Kuala Lumpur at 23:15 – Arrival at Paris-Charles de Gaulle at 06:10

Information and bookings online at www.airfrance.com, by phone at 36 54 (€0.34 including tax per min from a landline), Air France agency or from a travel agent.

SOURCE: http://corporate.air...ce-next-summer/

Wow. I am surprised AF will use a 4-cabin plane to KUL, but great news nonetheless!

AF KUL Summer 2013 Schedule:

CDG - KUL: 19:40 - 13:50 +1

KUL - CDG: 23:15 - 06:10 +1

KL KUL Summer 2013 Schedule:

AMS - KUL - CGK: 20:55 - 15:00 +1 // 16:20 - 17:20

CGK - KUL - AMS: 18:50 - 21:55 // 23:20 - 06:00 +1

Interesting departure time from CDG - the KUL layover for CDG-CGK is 2.5 hours and the majority of SE Asia departure bank is between 23:00 and 23:59.

Edited by Craig

Haha. What did I tell you guys! Look who is coming to town now. :search: :clapping:

Just have to be patient on TK. I think they will eventually make the trip down. I dunno about BA and QF tho. But the more options we have, the better. Not that MH provides the best frequency and connectivity in the world.

Edited by Wilson Kook

Paris CDG – Kuala Lumpur eff 22APR13 Service resumes with 3 weekly flights on board 4-class 777-200ER.

Reservation to open from 09NOV12

AF246 CDG1940 – 1350+1KUL 772 146

AF241 KUL2315 – 0600+1CDG 772 257

AF last operated service to Kuala Lumpur in March 1994, with 1 weekly Paris CDG – Singapore – Kuala Lumpur – Denpasar back-track routing on board 747-400COMBI.

Looks like MH made the right decision to send the A380 to CDG. That route is clearly making money and the A380 will be an additional help. My most recent flight from LHR to KUL was completely full in First, had only 2 spare seats in Business and Economy was pretty much full too. The A380 is still drawing in the crowds.

Great to see a European carrier launching flights to KUL ... and the best part is, the timing of its arrival into KUL is good enough for photography! It also allows for ample transit time for passengers originating in Paris to connect onto KLM's flights to Jakarta.

Any news about a Nepal carrier called BB Airways operating into KUL? Has anyone actually seen it or have more information about its operation into KUL?

KC Sim

Air France expects 85% load factor on KL-Paris flight

Posted on 8 November 2012 - 05:39am

Eva Yeong

sunbiz@thesundaily.com

KUALA LUMPUR (Nov 8, 2012): Air France, which will begin flying to Kuala Lumpur from the Paris-Charles de Gaulle Airport in France on April 22 next year, expects passenger load factor of up to 85% for the new roundtrip flights, said Air France-KLM regional general manager for South China Sea, Jurriaan Stelder.

"Malaysia is an interesting tourist destination. There were 110,000 French tourists in Malaysia last year and 130,000 expected this year.

source: http://www.thesundaily.my/news/536206

Is it too ambitious for them.. ?? :D

He specifically mentioned 777-200.. Why can't the journalist google and find the correct picture. Having said that, with the A319, 85% load factor might be easier lol

He specifically mentioned 777-200.. Why can't the journalist google and find the correct picture. Having said that, with the A319, 85% load factor might be easier lol

I think that one looks like an A318 :o if my eyes don't deceive me

Is it too ambitious for them.. ?

AF is really ambitious and MH's CDG service will go A380 in March. Is this a case of demand exceeding capacity?

Maybe they have the numbers. They know that their code share with QF will end soon. They are sending the A380 to connect these passengers to QF at SIN. Then add it up with the rumoured termination of MH-KL join venture, that will surely channels some more passengers from KL to AF. In most cases, companies are usually being conservative in their forecasting, supply will always much lesser than the actual demand to protect their yield.

You need an aerial refuelling on the way with A318.

What if it's load restricted ?

Makes it even easier to achieve 85% load factor no ? :p

I understand KLM (ST) is to start codesharing with Etihad (OW elect) on Abu Dhabi-Australia soon

Coupled with Qantas' (OW founder member) recent arrangement with Etihad, the mind boggles as to what 'alliances' mean in the airline business nowadays :)

I don't quite get the message. Etihad is not a oneworld elect. The oneworld elect airline is Qatar Airways. And the airline that made recent arrangement with QF is Emirates not Etihad.

Etihad only made news recently with their code share announcement with Garuda.

I don't quite get the message

This is so embarassing - can one of the mod's delete my previous reply please ! :blush:

When the gov bought the Bae Hawks back in the 90's..MAS got more landings in Heathrow as part of the off set perks..IINM..hmm..One would think this latest development fm AFrance have the Rafale's flight plan in it too..oui?

Looks like MH made the right decision to send the A380 to CDG. That route is clearly making money and the A380 will be an additional help. My most recent flight from LHR to KUL was completely full in First, had only 2 spare seats in Business and Economy was pretty much full too. The A380 is still drawing in the crowds.

Don't be so certain.

Sign in to follow this