MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
abikurami

Air France Returned to Kuala Lumpur from 22 April 2013 until 25 October 2015

This should help MH and even more so with the reduction in capacity from the 380 to the 772.

Air France also stopping flights to Jakarta

AIRFRANCE Ends Jakarta Service from late-Mar 2016

by JL

Posted at 0500GMT 03FEB16

AIRFRANCE in Northern summer 2016 season is ending service to Indonesia, as the airline closed reservation for Jakarta, on/after 27MAR16. AF currently operates Paris CDG – Singapore – Jakarta flights on daily basis, with Boeing 777-300ER. Previously planned schedule from 27MAR16 as follow.

AF254 CDG1925 – 1415+1SIN1610+1 – 1700+1CGK 77W D
AF259 CGK2005 – 2255SIN0025+1 – 0745+1CDG 77W D

Hopefully Garuda should fly using the CGK-KUL-CDG routing if they start flights to Paris.

Edited by Cheng Kit

GA CGK-KUL-CDG is a great idea! Kills two birds with one stone. There is a market I'm sure between CGK, KUL and CDG.

If they use their 77W to CDG, they do indeed need a stopover in KUL to refuel, thanks to CGK's runway not able to accommodate a fully-loaded 77W, correct?

I think stopping in SIN is more likely as they can pick up more pax from there - that is what they are doing with their new LHR service, isn't it?

GA CGK-KUL-CDG is a great idea! Kills two birds with one stone. There is a market I'm sure between CGK, KUL and CDG.

Guess GA A332 equipments have no problem flying direct to CDG if any of their 77W not available!

If they use their 77W to CDG, they do indeed need a stopover in KUL to refuel, thanks to CGK's runway not able to accommodate a fully-loaded 77W, correct?

The B77W is underutilised at the moment, just took delivery of last B77W on order few days ago. This completes the order for 10 B77W , swapped from B787 order placed in Sept 2005. They still have four more A333 slated for delivery this year.

With that many widebodies, GA may well be looking at launching more European route., however they suffer from weak brand recognition in Europe.

Am not really optimistic GA will fly to CDG via KUL. Their recent daily LHR flight is transiting through SIN. Note a lot of wealthy Indonesians prefer to go to Singapore as opposed to Malaysia. Adding KUL as another scissor hub will increase operation cost for them.

Edited by JuliusWong

I think stopping in SIN is more likely as they can pick up more pax from there - that is what they are doing with their new LHR service, isn't it?

GA decided to fly via SIN because CGK runway not strong enough for full load B773. Intermediate stop is vital to lower the take-off weight. The return leg will be non-stop due to lesser weight (fuels).

however they suffer from weak brand recognition in Europe.

If they can launch Europe - DPS direct that brand recognition will be fixed.

But the bitter truth... even GA and VN now have much better connection to Europe than MH... sad moment indeed :'(

it makes sense in a way...both Indonesia and Vietnam (and Thailand for that matter) have a bigger overseas (Europe in general and North America to a certain extent) population and most of their flights to Europe are to serve those population...

what more these people would source pretty much everything back from their own country (be it food items/goods/people) so direct air connection is almost always high in demand...Malaysian do this too but it's mainly towards China/Taiwan and within Asia in general (nothing wrong with that, it's just where the money is for Malaysian businesses)

Malaysia is stuck a bit in between,not quite the financial hub like Singapore but also not having a significant overseas population

Malaysia is stuck a bit in between, ..... but also not having a significant overseas population

Lemme guess, you're non-Sabahan and do not come round to this neck of the woods too often :lol:

Lemme guess, you're non-Sabahan and do not come round to this neck of the woods too often :lol:

For the purpose of serving overseas populations in the land below the wind, perhaps boat services are more efficient than air services ? :p

Simple, no passport required for entry via boat, and free Mykad also.

it makes sense in a way...both Indonesia and Vietnam (and Thailand for that matter) have a bigger overseas (Europe in general and North America to a certain extent) population and most of their flights to Europe are to serve those population...

what more these people would source pretty much everything back from their own country (be it food items/goods/people) so direct air connection is almost always high in demand...Malaysian do this too but it's mainly towards China/Taiwan and within Asia in general (nothing wrong with that, it's just where the money is for Malaysian businesses)

Malaysia is stuck a bit in between,not quite the financial hub like Singapore but also not having a significant overseas population

A successful airline could carry pax a few times more than home country population e.g. SQ, CX, EK, ER, EY, etc.

Unlike other GLC, MH failed because it had to compete internationally.

For the purpose of serving overseas populations in the land below the wind, perhaps boat services are more efficient than air services ? :p

Simple, no passport required for entry via boat, and free Mykad also.

sorry, what i meant was significant overseas diaspora from these countries...a complete mental lapse from my side for not being able to put a better word in my original post...apologize for the confusion...

A successful airline could carry pax a few times more than home country population e.g. SQ, CX, EK, ER, EY, etc.

Unlike other GLC, MH failed because it had to compete internationally.

if you read my post, you can see that I'm replying in context of why VN and GA are currently operating to more European countries than MH...

also my the 3rd paragraph in my post would probably be self sufficient to explain the success of SQ, CX, EY, EK etc (aside from good management and government money)

perhaps the discussions/arguments/complaints about why MH failed is best left for other threads in this forum which I'm sure are plenty

Edited by Najib Ramli

Very true!

Despite the large Filipino population in Sabah, neither MAS MAB or Philippine Airlines managed to maintain services to/from The Philippines.

Well they have different kind of Filipino who prefers travel by sea and posses local MyKad

Most are muslims from the South of the Phillppines who came and was given free handout of ID cards under the sickening intention for the incumbent political party to boost the muslim population in our state, so they can stay in power. Most of these new comers couldn't afford their home/ food, let alone air travel.

Edited by S V Choong

Sign in to follow this