MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
abikurami

Air France Returned to Kuala Lumpur from 22 April 2013 until 25 October 2015

My flights with Air France have definitely changed my opinion (based previously on what I read and heard). The cabin attendants were very professional, polite and on one flight from CDG to AMS, the cabin crew noticed that I was perspiring slightly due to the long trek when connecting flight from one terminal to another. On her own initiative, she came to me with a nice fresh cool towel (not the pre-packed variety) and proceeded to greet other passengers boarding the flight.

While its cabin product, inflight entertainment and food lag that on their Asian and Middle-Eastern counterparts, it did not in any way negatively impact my enjoyment on the flights.

A couple of years ago, I had the opportunity to travel through the Normandy area and found that the French people have certainly become more visitor-friendly. At CDG Terminal 2E, I decided to "test" the attitude and service quality of Air France's ground staff. I wanted to try checking in early for my return flight to Singapore (I knew it was too early by at least an hour) and targeted a group of staff members seemingly engaged in personal chatter. As I approached, I could see that the chatter paused ... and all four of them turned to me in a very friendly manner. After checking my flight's departure time, they advised me that it was too early and that I should come back in an hour. And then they apologized for that. I was very pleasantly surprised.

And the external surface of their planes have certainly become cleaner in recent years ... no longer does Air France deserve the dirty-plane label. This now is richly earned by Hongkong Airlines.

KC Sim

My flights with Air France have definitely changed my opinion (based previously on what I read and heard). The cabin attendants were very professional, polite and on one flight from CDG to AMS, the cabin crew noticed that I was perspiring slightly due to the long trek when connecting flight from one terminal to another. On her own initiative, she came to me with a nice fresh cool towel (not the pre-packed variety) and proceeded to greet other passengers boarding the flight.

While its cabin product, inflight entertainment and food lag that on their Asian and Middle-Eastern counterparts, it did not in any way negatively impact my enjoyment on the flights.

A couple of years ago, I had the opportunity to travel through the Normandy area and found that the French people have certainly become more visitor-friendly. At CDG Terminal 2E, I decided to "test" the attitude and service quality of Air France's ground staff. I wanted to try checking in early for my return flight to Singapore (I knew it was too early by at least an hour) and targeted a group of staff members seemingly engaged in personal chatter. As I approached, I could see that the chatter paused ... and all four of them turned to me in a very friendly manner. After checking my flight's departure time, they advised me that it was too early and that I should come back in an hour. And then they apologized for that. I was very pleasantly surprised.

And the external surface of their planes have certainly become cleaner in recent years ... no longer does Air France deserve the dirty-plane label. This now is richly earned by Hongkong Airlines.

KC Sim

Except those elderly that couldn't speak English, find most Western Europeans (e.g. French, German, Dutch) are more courteous than Asians.

Except those elderly that couldn't speak English, find most Western Europeans (e.g. French, German, Dutch) are more courteous than Asians.

I think we have to thank the EU for that. With so many countries in the EU now, English is often the common language of communications for many of these EU countries.

I think we have to thank the EU for that. With so many countries in the EU now, English is often the common language of communications for many of these EU countries.

Easy explanation: In a number of these countries, you have to pass the English exam in order to get your high school cert. It is compulsory. In our education system, it is not.

Reading on airliners.net, AF has confirmed that KUL will be cut come winter 2015.

Apparently it was a loss maker ... Not sure that AF really gave it much of a chance with 3-4 weekly service.

Cut it. Cut it now! To be honest AF is in just as bad shape as MH. Better to have their pax channeled via KL & AMS instead.

The press release confirming this: - http://mobile-corporate.airfrance.com/en/press/press-releases-mobile/press-release/item/air-france-perform-2020-progress-report/

Edited by Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

Reading on airliners.net, AF has confirmed that KUL will be cut come winter 2015.

Apparently it was a loss maker ... Not sure that AF really gave it much of a chance with 3-4 weekly service.

They did try to increase the flight frequency to 5-weekly which was supposed to start in late 2013 but they pulled it soon after. Then they loaded it back to the reservation system only to pulled it again after a while.

Hang in there AF. MH is going to pull out soon.

A real shame really. I had three great flights with AF two years ago. I was planning to go to Europe again on AF. Their high-density 77W with only 14 Business Class seats which they also deploy to BKK is probably better suited for KUL. Too bad they aren't gonna try it. Just three months ago they were offering a return ticket to any cities in France for only RM2,268. I guess the yield on AF241 and AF246 is really bad...

They did try to increase the flight frequency to 5-weekly which was supposed to start in late 2013 but they pulled it soon after. Then they loaded it back to the reservation system only to pulled it again after a while.

A real shame really. I had three great flights with AF two years ago. I was planning to go to Europe again on AF. Their high-density 77W with only 14 Business Class seats which they also deploy to BKK is probably better suited for KUL. Too bad they aren't gonna try it. Just three months ago they were offering a return ticket to any cities in France for only RM2,268. I guess the yield on AF241 and AF246 is really bad...

Their high density "COI" 468 seat 77W is hell in a tin tube. Don't know how else to describe it ....

Wow, don't think AF really tried hard enough to make it work. Hopefully MH takes note.

Whatever it is, the winners are the ME3 :D

They could have linked KUL with CGK but probably didn't want to overlap with KL. I find it hard to believe CGK gets a premium 77W but it is via SIN so I suspect the front end is very useful for the latter destination. It also probably helps that there is no GA to CDG ...

I don't think our handling of MH370 and the negative press after MH17 was shot down did any good to our country's image... Along with all the other juicy bits of news trickling out including Jibby's lost billions, gymnast's vaginas and naked mountain people...

MH putting a daily A380 probably trashed the yield on the route. Demand must have been much lower - filling up a daily A380 and 3-4 weekly 772 would have been a nightmare.

If MH does quit CDG, then AF pulling out would have been a premature decision... Better for them to play the long game and wait. However, their financial situation is dire and KUL is not a very important market for them. Business traffic would have been much better if they had bothered to fly daily ... Let's hope BA, KL and LH have a better time. I'm not very happy that AF has pulled out, but business is business I guess..

Edited by Izanee

Maybe, just maybe it could be because MH is switching back to the B772 and back to 5x weekly. This could mean they will not be honouring the deal with the French on sending the A380s to obtain a daily flight into CDG and in return KUL would get AF flights? Just maybe!! :search:

Their high density "COI" 468 seat 77W is hell in a tin tube. Don't know how else to describe it ....

468 seat in a 12+ flight is a mental torture.....what are they thinking??

Even their 772 is hell in a tin tube.. Very uncomfortable economy class seats although crew were really nice (can't beat a sexy French accent) and the food ok...

Is this the same config as the 77W that flies from CDG-SIN-CGK? If it is, I don't think it was that bad!

Is this the same config as the 77W that flies from CDG-SIN-CGK? If it is, I don't think it was that bad!

SIN and CGK is served by the 4 class premium config. J is 1-2-1 new and it also has one row of 4 seats in F with the curtains suite

SIN and CGK is served by the 4 class premium config. J is 1-2-1 new and it also has one row of 4 seats in F with the curtains suite

As they say in Thailand .. Same same ... But different

Edited by Suzanne Goh

As they say in Thailand .. Same same ... But different

The comment on SeatGuru are not very kind to AF.

383 pax: Three class B77W: http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Air_France/Air_France_Boeing_777-300_D.php

468 pax: Three class B77W (Caribbean config): http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Air_France/Air_France_Boeing_777-300_E.php

303 pax: Four class B77W: http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Air_France/Air_France_Boeing_777-300_C.php

AF is one of the few premium airline that put 2-3-2 config for J class. EK is also in the same crowd.

Edited by JuliusWong

The comment on SeatGuru are not very kind to AF.

383 pax: Three class B77W: http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Air_France/Air_France_Boeing_777-300_D.php

468 pax: Three class B77W (Caribbean config): http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Air_France/Air_France_Boeing_777-300_E.php

303 pax: Four class B77W: http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Air_France/Air_France_Boeing_777-300_C.php

AF is one of the few premium airline that put 2-3-2 config for J class. EK is also in the same crowd.

Seatguru as usual not a very good source leh..

The 4 class 77W now has 1-2-1 - i think by zodiac. Some other 772's also have this seat. Quite nice actually. Because of this the pax count on that 4 class 77W is actually even lower now - less than 300 i think.

Sign in to follow this