MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
abikurami

Air France Returned to Kuala Lumpur from 22 April 2013 until 25 October 2015

It's quite normal for pilots to fly national flags from their cockpit.

The Star article mentioned about Turkish Airlines making a comeback after a 4 year absence? It sure feels much longer than just 4 years

I was not aware of that.

Anyway, i'll be taking this flight to CDG next week and i see many seats open in the next two weeks in all classes. And in First Class on that day i'll be flying, it seems only one F seat is sold... with plenty of open seats in Business Class... it's the same in Y too but for some reason, AF is blocking almost all seats on this flight and i was only able to choose seats in the middle row.

I am booked on flight AF 241 on 6 August 2013 in Y+. There is only 3 rows of Y+ cabin, the first 2 rows are all blocked. I will report on the load then.

I don't think this one has been posted yet

AF mulls collaboration with MH

http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2013/4/24/business/13017128&sec=business

Thanks for this very interesting news. My prediction is that AF wants to code share with MH to Australia after QF divorced them. By doing so, both the service of 3 weekly AF B772 and daily MH A380 between KUL and CDG is justified. And it seems that AF needs this more than MH (if not the Chairman/CEO won't be coming along).

Just saying.. find it interesting they are carrying the flags in the cockpit :)

It is quite a common celebratory gestures in recent years. Here is an example during EK A380 inaugural at KUL on 1 January 2012:

A380KUL2.jpg

Just to share some thoughts if my prediction is true that AF needs MH rather desperately as a code share partner to Australia:

• AF-QF code share to Australia was highlighted as the major reason on why AF blocked MH's entry into Skyteam back in 2006.
  • With AF B772 and MH A380 plying between KUL and CDG, there is no doubt that it seems like an excess of capacity for O&D market. But MH code shares to Chicago, Dallas, Miami and New York with AA at CDG while AF does not code share with anyone at KUL. Therefore, MH has the upper hand in this regard.
  • Airline usually code shares to create growth on any particular routes or to share/split up excess capacity. MH has a high load on all its Australian routes especially now post oneworld. Logically, if MH is happy with its own load to Australia, it will not want to share it (in the form of code share) with other carriers like AF. So it is likely that MH is to decline AF's proposal. This will also serve as some sort of a sweet revenge by MH to AF following bullet point no. 1.
  • Even if MH is receptive towards the idea of code sharing to Australia with AF considering how important this transaction is, MH can not offer extra capacity (in the form of bigger aircraft or extra frequency) to cope with extra traffic from AF as all capacity to 4 major and most important international airports in Australia has reached the maximum quota allowed. Refer to the Malaysia-Australia bilateral thread. Therefore, MH will likely to turn down this offer as well until the bilateral is expanded.
  • AF as an entity will not have any weight to the Malaysian government in negotiating an expanded bilateral with Australia.

Can't wait to see what's the outcome.

MH is quite strong regionally, maybe that's what AF wants. Their Skyteam members, GA and VN do not cover this region as good as MH.

Don't forget AF is part of AF-KL group. KL codeshares with MH on Australian routes. I guess passengers can still book to be on AF to KUL and change to MH if their final destination is Australia.

I believe that the CEO met up with the MH CEO that evening of the inaugral to discuss some "matters" regarding collaboration. This morning, BFM aired a telephone interview with the CEO of AF about their flights to KUL. The show will be aired on BFM at 1230LT today for those who want to hear the whole interview. Looking forward to cooperation between MH and AF on the routes to down under. :clapping:

It will be very interesting to see if there is a collaboration between MH and AF.

On a side note, AA is the only code-share partner now on the LHR-KUL MH flights I believe.

Took AF241 to Paris on Friday night. Flight was totally full in Economy Class, not very sure about First but Business Class was about half or less than half full (we were amongst the last to board and we passed through the second cabin of Business Class and Premium Y cabin).

By the way, the flight service was great! Food portion was big and the FA serving my row (a woman in her 50s) was especially friendly and polite, which was kind of a surprise considering the French have a bad reputation of being obnoxious :lol: This FA was the only she in the Economy Class cabin. The rest of the FA were guys and besides the Asian steward (believe to be of Vietnamese descent) who didn't smile or talk much, they were all very wonderful and helpful.

I met yet another super friendly and polite Air France FA again on my later flight from Paris to London. I believe she is in her 50s and she is just great, always with a big smile on her face. Big thumbs up to AF!

My experience with AF on their domestic routes was similar to yours. The cabin crew were really friendly and inviting. Although there was some language barrier, they always smiled and were patient.

From Fizo Omar's instagram

AFmeal_zpsa457256e.png

These are what were served in 12 hour flight KL to Paris onboard La Premiere, AirFrance business class

La Premiere is First. Business is Affaires.... :p sorry to be pedantic :)

Voyageur is economy right? Fizo as in our Malaysian artists? Wow! Get paid so well? Business Class ain't cheap...should have taken up acting! Not teaching! Huhuhu!

Edited by Kenneth Chong WT

Voyageur is economy right? Fizo as in our Malaysian artists? Wow! Get paid so well? Business Class ain't cheap...should have taken up acting! Not teaching! Huhuhu!

Teaching is noble. For that, you have my respect, and thanks for educating the future of malaysia. :)

If the loads are indeed consistently good, what are the odds that we'll see AF's A380 here in the future?

Teaching is noble. For that, you have my respect, and thanks for educating the future of malaysia. :)

If only more people would think the same as you do. Now this profession can be summed up in 5 Chinese words:吃力不讨好 i.e. a thankless job.

My experience with AF on their domestic routes was similar to yours. The cabin crew were really friendly and inviting. Although there was some language barrier, they always smiled and were patient.

Those on my flights, AF241 (KUL-CDG) and AF1680 (CDG-LHR) all spoke good English. The FA that I met in her 50s on my CDG-LHR that I spoke highly of spoke perfect English. May be she's actually British but staying in Paris and working Air France.

If the loads are indeed consistently good, what are the odds that we'll see AF's A380 here in the future?

Load seems to be strong only in Economy Class, well, that was the case on the AF flight took last week. And there were many connecting passengers to UK on my flight, well, to Manchester actually.

Didn't know May is a busy time to travel ex-KUL (for MH at least)!

Flight looks really busy for MH the next few weeks for KUL-CDG while it's pretty empty for CDG-KUL. AF is OK on some days.

Edited by Craig

Didn't know May is a busy time to travel ex-KUL (for MH at least)!

Flight looks really busy for MH the next few weeks for KUL-CDG while it's pretty empty for CDG-KUL. AF is OK on some days.

I'm on an MH21 CDG-KUL in the next few weeks that i was told -12 in Y, and -8 in J

Wow, that is one heck of a difference ! :D

Sorry, dunno how to read these things - get ready for a cramppy flight then :)

Edited by BC Tam

More proof that the A380 is a pax magnet!

Would be interesting to see what happens on the KUL-HKG route.

Sign in to follow this