MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
abikurami

Air France Returned to Kuala Lumpur from 22 April 2013 until 25 October 2015

Hi..my first post in here after being a silent reader all this time..i just want to share a news after my chit-chatting with AF crew on flight to CDG from ABJ just now..they said AF will fly to KUL next year 2013..their eyes were glooming when talking about Kuala Lumpur..and MH realy doing good on this route because i have to en route KUL via LHR after MH J class to KUL fully booked via CDG n FRA..

Hi..my first post in here after being a silent reader all this time..i just want to share a news after my chit-chatting with AF crew on flight to CDG from ABJ just now..they said AF will fly to KUL next year 2013..their eyes were glooming when talking about Kuala Lumpur..and MH realy doing good on this route because i have to en route KUL via LHR after MH J class to KUL fully booked via CDG n FRA..

This is definitely a GOOD NEWS for KLIA, if AF does want to fly here next year! I hope it would be sooner, say Q1.

Or maybe AF would want to code share with MH? MH will upgrade KUL-CDG vv with the A380 beginning 1 March 2013 next year.

Errr....I heard that KL / AF will no longer be MH partner next year. The OneWorld / Skyteam thingy

Some points to consider:

- KL will not terminate KUL simply because their code share agreement with MH might be ending.

- AF and MH may have started talking to each other since the QF-EK engagement is made known. QF divorced AF hence the latter is losing its major partner for its Australia feed traffic.

- AF is currently serving PNH, SIN, BKK and SGN, all of which are located around KUL.

If it ain't broke, why fix it? KL and MH seem to have a great arrangement which benefits both parties. MH surprisingly seems to be doing good on its CDG service... AF have lost their feed in SIN to Oz/NZ..

Seems like a no brainer really for AF to fly to KUL and codeshare onwards. PNH and SGN is low yielding VFR traffic ... They fly their because of their colonial ties plus the big population of indochinese in France.

I think a KUL service is long overdue ...

Good if real. Always good to have more choices. And welcome aboard :drinks:

If it ain't broke, why fix it? KL and MH seem to have a great arrangement which benefits both parties. MH surprisingly seems to be doing good on its CDG service... AF have lost their feed in SIN to Oz/NZ..

Agreed. KL seems to be very please with KUL as well as their partnership with MAS. Besides, AF has always been a Skyteam member and QF, a OneWorld member was their partner. So it doesn't mean MAS have to terminate their partnership with KLM when the former officially joins OneWorld.

That's what I've been told by the KL's check in agent at Heathrow recently!

And this seems to have been confirmed by Air France with an announcement that Paris - Kuala Lumpur flight will begin April 2013..

(Reported by Jakarta Post)

And this seems to have been confirmed by Air France with an announcement that Paris - Kuala Lumpur flight will begin April 2013..

(Reported by Jakarta Post)

Here's the article link - http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2012/10/15/klm-air-france-offer-paris-flights-kl.html

I'm surprised at the news. It's been 20 years since a French carrier flew into KL and even then it was UTA, not AF. AF pulled out of KUL immediately after they took over UTA.

wow, that is just great news indeed. looking forward to that!

Kee - UTA used to fly onwards from SZB to CGK, SYD and Noumea ..if i remember correctly it was a once weekly 747

Edited by Izanee

It's really a good news for KUL.

The article also quotes "Malaysia seems to be the logical partner", does it mean AF will start codesharing with MH?

Edited by Johan Z

While waiting for this good news to be confirmed, AF offering KUL flight, BI, CI and EK have increased frequencies to KUL via 10 times weekly, 9 times weekly and 4 times daily respectively.

Hail to EK!

AF & LH both serving SIN with A380, probably KUL won't get that big bird but well, who knows? If they have chosen KUL as the hub. =)

LX & AY have both returned to SIN nonstop, not expecting LX, but is hoping AY & OS could return to KUL.

Edited by Mike P

about the AF to launch services to KUL why there is no report from local medias?

about the AF to launch services to KUL why there is no report from local medias?

They are more concerned about the happenings in Kelantan, Kedah, Penang and Selangor water 'crisis'.

Don't think they are first to get the news. If not it will make to the newswire later today.

Is there a possibility that the AF service is merely a code share with KL?

Remember, KL is terminating its partnership with MH next year. Isn't it coincidental that AF is coming to KUL?

Remember, KL is terminating its partnership with MH next year. Isn't it coincidental that AF is coming to KUL?

I think that Jakarta Post article clearly stated that AF will use its own metal for KUL flights.

read the article carefully next time....

They are more concerned about the happenings in Kelantan, Kedah, Penang and Selangor water 'crisis'.

Don't think they are first to get the news. If not it will make to the newswire later today.

but there was coverage from local medias for "smaller airlines" such as filipino LCC launched flights to KUL before... so it is quite surprised when a world renowend legacy carrier such as AF didnt get the spotlight.

Congratulations to Malaysia, for its success in bringing Air France to Kuala Lumpur. That is a very good airline to snag.

AF's B777s have 10-abreast seating in economy class ... so I don't think this is any threat to MAS' A380 service to CDG. Wouldn't it be nice if the AF flight actually routes CDG-KUL-DPS and then it can send CGK bound passengers onto the KLM flight and at the same time take KLM's DPS bound passengers onboard.

KC Sim

Edited by KC Sim

Of course klia needs all the new airlines they can muster / lure but AF is at best a second tier carrier IMO .

Flew AF from SIN a few years ago in Y and when I asked for drinks was told to get it myself from the galley.

That was my last ever flight with them.

I wonder if the traffic from or via klia warrants AF flying into klia ... ESP with MH launching the 380 to Paris ... Or is there some sudden rise in French armament deals in the region ...remember France armament industry is one of their biggest export earners .

I suspect it's a code share deal with MH ... Despite what the papers say.

but there was coverage from local medias for "smaller airlines" such as filipino LCC launched flights to KUL before... so it is quite surprised when a world renowend legacy carrier such as AF didnt get the spotlight.

Probably because the announcement was made as a "by the way" thing by KLM's representative in Jakarta - hence little coverage?

I dont think its official yet..., hence no news on our local newspaper. besides it is still not available in their reservation system. Even though i would love to see AF fly to KUL i belive in the end it will just be a codeshare with MH especially with MH plan to send A380 for CDG-KUL route.

Sign in to follow this