MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

MAS Privatisation

I think those are regional routes that "cannot be helped". Rugi sokmo.

All 3 routes suit a LCC more than a '5 star' premium carrier.

MH Route Cut begins.

The following cut has been exposed exclusively to MalaysianWings by my spy at the MH Rumour Department:

Odd that Krabi will be suspended. They started a year or two ago with 4 weekly flights and was quickly upped to 14 weekly flights.

Edited:

It's not a secret anymore. It has already been reflected on the GDS. Last flight to:

Kunming - 29 April

Krabi - 5 May

Kochi - 31 May

Edited by Craig

Hopefully they will also start retiring all the 10 non-Sky Interior B737-800 soon! I have taken 6 MAS flights since January and 5 were on the leased non-Sky Interior non-AVOD B737-800... The seats on these aircraft are in such bad shape.

my friend was onboard KUL-KBV flight few weeks a go. and only 40pax were onboard that flight.

not surprising if MH cut this route since the load factor sometimes even below 50% per flight.

my friend was onboard KUL-KBV flight few weeks a go. and only 40pax were onboard that flight.

not surprising if MH cut this route since the load factor sometimes even below 50% per flight.

Oh dear...I have purchased a return tickets to Krabi for trips at the end of August. Wonder if MAS will refund me or reroute me to another destination, Phuket perhaps? What would be the normal practice?

Oh dear...I have purchased a return tickets to Krabi for trips at the end of August. Wonder if MAS will refund me or reroute me to another destination, Phuket perhaps? What would be the normal practice?

Either a reroute to HKT or refund.

Yes indeed, but if flights are full on the day you're supposed to fly it will be trouble! Better confirm it with MH as soon as possible.

Cheers. Will contact them the soonest.

It's sad to hear that Krabi is going to cut. As i believe, the route is still few years since its introduction.

last week i saw a photo in Instagram...only 4 pax on board in Y!!

Edited by Fairul

Odd that Krabi will be suspended. They started a year or two ago with 4 weekly flights and was quickly upped to 14 weekly flights.

Edited:

It's not a secret anymore. It has already been reflected on the GDS. Last flight to:

Kunming - 29 April

Krabi - 5 May

Kochi - 31 May

If mh operate regional jets with frequency, these routes could be break even and add value to the network.

Malaysia Airlines is cancelling 3 Asian routes as part of its network restructuring. The oneWorld member plans to cancel the following routes:

eff 30APR15 Kuala Lumpur Kunming Currently served 4 times a week

eff 06MAY15 Kuala Lumpur Krabi Currently served 14 times a week

eff 01JUN15 Kuala Lumpur Kochi Currently served 7 times a week

http://airlineroute.net/2015/03/20/mh-s15update1/

It seems fra and dxb is on the chopping board.

Any surprise? No way MH can fight EK's might with 3 (or is it 4?) dugongs flooding the market. As for FRA - again no surprise there. Better FRA than AMS/CDG to be honest.

While I understand that FRA is an unfortunate case because it is located 6,000 miles away from KUL and MH (under current predicament) can't afford to send so many aircraft to European destinations located so close to each other (LHR, CDG, AMS and FRA), DXB is a lost case.

DXB is within the 8 hours radius that MH wants to focus. I think Malaysia has a lot of business activities with the Emiratis (passengers and cargo) so although Emirates has 4 daily flights to KUL (+ 2 daily more from Etihad) I still think there is a demand for a max of 1 daily by MH. I think the problem here is the station manager. MH needs to hire someone with a fresh outlook on the market, marketing strategy and how to win new business.

Interesting....just how much of traffic is there between KUL and FRA? Anyone with figures and data?

I do but only for 2013. MAHB is expected to release its 2014 Annual Report anytime from now, so until then, this is the only data available.

For FRA in 2013, passengers traffic:

Departure from KUL: 76,628 passengers

Arrival to KUL: 71,170 passengers

The route recorded a growth of +9% that year.

However, the route KUL-FRA is shared between MH and LH so it is difficult to calculate the load factor since we don't have the breakdown for each airlines.

Europe2013.PNG

After taking my first EK A380 flight I am really not sure why anybody would go on MH anymore... Except maybe coz of the price. But even in that MH is trumped by EK. And also if you are terribly loyal to Enrich/OW

Edited by Mulyadir Fitri

Latest press statement from the Head of Spies at the MH Rumour Department:

Some in your forum suggest a MSS or VSS for MAS. But that will not be the case given that, per the Star article, EVERYONE will be terminated as the airline called MAS will be no more. MSS or VSS suggest that people will have the option to stay as the company continues to survive with fewer staff.

Hard fact 1 - MAS will clearly be dead with no staff. Politically, saying it as it is can be difficult, but the reality is MAS will be made defunct, and a new airline will be formed in its place: that's what this so-called "restructuring" (another misleading term) is all about. Just like Swissair and Sabena died, and Swiss and Brussels Airlines rise in their place, so will MAS die, and a newco takes its place.

Hard fact 2: This is the year to mourn the passing of MAS, rather than to talk about any restructuring, because what emerges in Sept will clearly be a different animal (it might as well be flymojo! haha).

Latest press statement from the Head of Spies at the MH Rumour Department:

What they're saying is what a lot of large organisations tend to think of - we declare company ABC closed, tutup. Everyone is fired bye bye. Next day, we start a new company ABCD (not the same as ABC) and ONLY SOME of you are hired back.

Whilst I support the need for MH to do something about their competitiveness - I'm not entirely sure this route is as straightforward (I'll stop short of calling it illegal or at best, mala fide in nature) as it seems.

Well, newco is a statutory company - it is all powerful. It is a special company and is different from normal companies established under the Companies Act. Those who deal with it, whether they be employees, business partners, customers, etc. will have to be wary of what is stated in its memorandum and articles of association as well as be familiar with the provisions of the Act of Parliament.