Jump to content
MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

MAS Privatisation

Recommended Posts

51 minutes ago, jahur said:

Wow i've never heard of a330 being less fuel efficient let alone one that is on PW. What sort of weed you've been smoking? It is bassically one of the most fuel efficient widebody. The a330neo is only efficient if you put up more seats like an lcc as the rolls royce engines are more power hungry.

Try changing a y ticket on JAL it cost as a brand new ticket unless its flex full fare. 

You guys are asking the impossible in a very unstable market at the moment. Its simple Malaysians are too poor cheapskate to fly fsc, foreign premium pax have abandoned malaysia. Transiting passengers are on subsidised gulf carriers that offer greater value product and services.  Not helping is the current government promoting many inconsistent policies that have deterred investors to neighboring countries instead. More so our pm has been busy angering neighboring countries and trade partners on policies which he believes is right regardless of diplomacy.

Car prices are increasing 25% oh  wait its not confirmed til year end. How is government going to instill investor confidence with this kind of flip flopping. And with lack of foreign businesses for fdis how do you expect flag carriers to stay afloat unless it goes full low carrier which many of us are not keen on it.

One of the best replies I've ever read in a long time. 👏

Spot on and exactly what's going on in todays economical and political climate in this country. 

Edited by Pall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, jahur said:

Wow i've never heard of a330 being less fuel efficient let alone one that is on PW. What sort of weed you've been smoking? It is bassically one of the most fuel efficient widebody. The a330neo is only efficient if you put up more seats like an lcc as the rolls royce engines are more power hungry.

Try changing a y ticket on JAL it cost as a brand new ticket unless its flex full fare. 

You guys are asking the impossible in a very unstable market at the moment. Its simple Malaysians are too poor cheapskate to fly fsc, foreign premium pax have abandoned malaysia. Transiting passengers are on subsidised gulf carriers that offer greater value product and services.  Not helping is the current government promoting many inconsistent policies that have deterred investors to neighboring countries instead. More so our pm has been busy angering neighboring countries and trade partners on policies which he believes is right regardless of diplomacy.

Car prices are increasing 25% oh  wait its not confirmed til year end. How is government going to instill investor confidence with this kind of flip flopping. And with lack of foreign businesses for fdis how do you expect flag carriers to stay afloat unless it goes full low carrier which many of us are not keen on it.

A333 Neo CASK is cheaper than A350/787?

MH change of date on ONE SECTOR is MORE EXPENSIVE than brand NEW RETURN ticket.

As if MH was not subsidized by our gomen. how much has gomen had written off on MH, how much more to go?

How much premium fare MH could charge by serving RM4.5 meal box, sugary drinks?  MH should ask, why foreign premium pax have abandoned MH.

At existing MH network, how big is transit pax market for MH?

MH issue is not new or started in last few years but in existent for many years.

The facts remain despite multiple BTP and change of CEO, MH is still bleeding >RM800m p.a and not a financial feasible business unit.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, KK Lee said:

MH change of date on ONE SECTOR is MORE EXPENSIVE than brand NEW RETURN ticket.

This is hardly an MH-only issue. The concept isn’t very difficult to understand: if you want free/cheap changes, buy a flexible ticket.

Much easier to understand than things like CASK if you ask me :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Malaysia Airlines schedules A380 Tokyo Narita service Mar - May 2020

 

Malaysia Airlines between March and May 2020 scheduled Airbus A380 service on Kuala Lumpur – Tokyo Narita route, for limited-time period. From Kuala Lumpur, MH088/089 to be operated by A380 on following dates, instead of A350-900XWB.

21MAR20 – 05APR20 Daily
01MAY20 – 05MAY20 Day 256 from KUL

Following schedule for the week of 21MAR20 from KUL.

MH070 KUL0940 – 1730NRT 359 x126
MH070 KUL1100 – 1900NRT 359 6
MH088 KUL2335 – 0715+1NRT 388 D

MH089 NRT1010 – 1705KUL 388 D
MH071 NRT2230 – 0525+1KUL 359 x23

 

source:  https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/289267/malaysia-airlines-schedules-a380-tokyo-narita-service-mar-may-2020/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting articles to read and somehow it feels like Malaysians are undermined as if we do not have our own brains to think for ourselves as to what image we have of any company or agencies. We do not need anyone to tell us what is the truth and what is not; leave that to us to think for ourselves. Giving excuses has led to the state we are in; excuses after excuses while decisions are made to restore one of the prides of Malaysia, nothing is really left now but memories. It is taking too long, just too long when our competitors are refurbishing or looking for innovative ways to develop their product. Just my two cents.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kandiah k said:

Interesting articles to read and somehow it feels like Malaysians are undermined as if we do not have our own brains to think for ourselves as to what image we have of any company or agencies. We do not need anyone to tell us what is the truth and what is not; leave that to us to think for ourselves. Giving excuses has led to the state we are in; excuses after excuses while decisions are made to restore one of the prides of Malaysia, nothing is really left now but memories. It is taking too long, just too long when our competitors are refurbishing or looking for innovative ways to develop their product. Just my two cents.

Well, watch out for the competition coming out of Vietnam. They are going places where Malaysia went a few decades ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, JuliusWong said:

Someone is trying to hard to be TheEdge. Pitiful.......

Why shoot the messenger?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, kandiah k said:

Interesting articles to read and somehow it feels like Malaysians are undermined as if we do not have our own brains to think for ourselves as to what image we have of any company or agencies. We do not need anyone to tell us what is the truth and what is not; leave that to us to think for ourselves. Giving excuses has led to the state we are in; excuses after excuses while decisions are made to restore one of the prides of Malaysia, nothing is really left now but memories. It is taking too long, just too long when our competitors are refurbishing or looking for innovative ways to develop their product. Just my two cents.

 

 

+1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, flee said:

Well, watch out for the competition coming out of Vietnam. They are going places where Malaysia went a few decades ago.

‘Going places’ - nice one! 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, flee said:

Well, watch out for the competition coming out of Vietnam. They are going places where Malaysia went a few decades ago.

If by “going places” you mean having a government that meddles non-stop with VN, then sure. 
 

Some people saying GA was going places after its rebirth in the early 2010s and that MH had so much to learn. Look how well that turned out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Mohd Suhaimi Fariz said:

The messenger ruined an AirAsia takeover perhaps? 😆

I think so hahaha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, BC Tam said:

One can only wonder what the load was aboard the inaugural flight today 😁

Probably fairly healthy but terrible yields. Inaugurals like this is usually full of journalists and travel agency reps and the like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

such strategy must be gaining traction for domestic travel hence they introduce it to the broader scope, but i wonder how the yield looks like under such pricing mechanism.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Read this in Feb 2020 Going Places:

"This year is all about promoting Malaysia for Visit Malaysia 2020. We have injected more Malaysian elements into our products and services. For one, we have introduced our new boarding music, which has influences of Malay pinai (flute) and gamelan, Indian sitar and the Chinese sounds of the erhu, combined with subtle soothing vocals, giving this piece an undeniable Malaysian feel. This unique composition, developed especially for Malaysia Airlines, was produced by award winning composer Luke Mason.

We will also be featuring favourite Malaysian dishes every month from all 14 states. For example, we have Nasi Hujan Panas, Nasi Ambeng and Ayam Pansuh from Pahang, Johor and Sarawak respectively. These meals will be available on board Business Suite, Business and Economy class. "

Haven't heard of MH boarding song for some time, it's about time Malaysia Airlines, AirAsia and Malindo showcase Malaysia music to the world! Kudos MH!  Also those Malaysians dishes! Can't wait to try them!

Edited by JuliusWong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JuliusWong said:

We will also be featuring favourite Malaysian dishes every month from all 14 states. For example, we have Nasi Hujan Panas, Nasi Ambeng and Ayam Pansuh from Pahang, Johor and Sarawak respectively. These meals will be available on board Business Suite, Business and Economy class. "

 

I had the Nasi Hujan Panas for my flight from Hanoi to KL yesterday, and I must say it is pretty good. It was served with beef rendang and the meat was tender, and the acar was great. One of the better meals. 

Also noticed that the cabin crew made a special announcement before landing to thank all passengers for flying with Malaysia Airlines and the crew gave a bow - something like what Air Asia did before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...