MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

MAS Privatisation

Changes to Malaysia Airlines’ Check-in Counters at KLIA

Effective 7 August 2019, Malaysia Airlines will be operating its check-in and baggage drop-off counters from Rows B, D and H at Level 5 (Departures) of KL International Airport (KLIA).

The airline will be moving its International Economy Class check-in and baggage drop-off to Row H. Domestic Economy Class check-in and baggage drop-off will be at Row B. Dedicated check-in and baggage drop-off counters for International and Domestic Business Class/ Business Suite passengers, Enrich (Gold and Platinum) as well as oneworld (Sapphire and Emerald) will be at Row D.

https://www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/en/advisory/changes-to-check-in-counters-klia.html

Effective 7 August 2019, Malaysia Airlines will be operating its check-in and baggage drop-off counters from Rows B, D and H at Level 5 (Departures) of KL International Airport (KLIA).

The airline will be moving its International Economy Class check-in and baggage drop-off to Row H. Domestic Economy Class check-in and baggage drop-off will be at Row B. Dedicated check-in and baggage drop-off counters for International and Domestic Business Class/ Business Suite passengers, Enrich (Gold and Platinum) as well as oneworld (Sapphire and Emerald) will be at Row D.

https://www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/en/advisory/changes-to-check-in-counters-klia.html

I can imagine the confusion for check in - domestic at one end and international at the other. I like the B and C rows and there is always a choice which row to go to when one row has a longer queue. I thought occupying B, C for economy and D for premium passengers make better sense as one see the presence of MH in one section of the airport. If there is a need to move, I was thinking maybe retaining C might be better (C, D, and H) rather than having B, D and H.

Is Row H any closer to the international departure? Just wondering the reason/logic behind the move.

Is Row H any closer to the international departure? Just wondering the reason/logic behind the move.

If I'm not mistaken, yes. Row H is close to where McDonald's are and that's where the entry for intl. departure's located.

What is the rational behind this arrangement? some pax will unknowingly check-in at wrong counter.

Edited by KK Lee

What is the rational behind this arrangement? some pax will unknowingly check-in at wrong counter.

There will be many MAHB Ambassador wearing white ASK ME sash around. They are more than willing to help if passengers are lost

I dont think any pax will unknowingly check-in at the wrong counter.

I cant imagine how that can even happen. A Saudia flight counter checking-in a pax for an MH flight to CGK? 🙂

I dont think any pax will unknowingly check-in at the wrong counter.

I cant imagine how that can even happen. A Saudia flight counter checking-in a pax for an MH flight to CGK? 🙂

I mean domestic pax check in at international counter and vs.

I mean domestic pax check in at international counter and vs.

Plenty of airlines segregate domestic and international check in, because the latter tends to be a much more involved process

Unless the poor soul cant read, chances are low that he will end up at the wrong check in counter.

Unless the poor soul cant read, chances are low that he will end up at the wrong check in counter.

That is provided notice is well placed.

If the pax is smart enough to reach the airport I dont the pax will be lost looking for check in counters. What's the worst thing could go wrong? Probably be redirected to the correct check in counter.

If the pax is smart enough to reach the airport I dont the pax will be lost looking for check in counters. What's the worst thing could go wrong? Probably be redirected to the correct check in counter.

If happens during peak hours, will be after queuing for 20+ minutes.

I think many pax don't come to the airport that early. The big FID board has many flights shown and refreshes very slowly. So those in a rush might not be able to know which row they are supposed to go to. Lets see what happens....

New Biz class amenity kit, refreshed cabin and wifi on A330 too.

The new amenity kits look great, and I wonder how the "renewed soft furnishings" would look like. Good to now there are more improvements.

https://www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/en/news-article/2019/malaysia-airlines-launches-refreshed-cabin-in-flight-offerings.html

Hope toiletry bag is of practical size. Until recently on QR, all these toiletry bags are impractical, couldn't keep a oral b toothbrush properly.

I think many pax don't come to the airport that early. The big FID board has many flights shown and refreshes very slowly. So those in a rush might not be able to know which row they are supposed to go to. Lets see what happens....

I don;t it is a big issue Counter C and H aren't that far anyway. There are multiple screens FID now in front of all check-in islands, so getting lost in KLIA check in area is high impossible. Paris CDG is another stories.......out of this world.

New Biz class amenity kit, refreshed cabin and wifi on A330 too.

The new amenity kits look great, and I wonder how the "renewed soft furnishings" would look like. Good to now there are more improvements.

https://www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/en/news-article/2019/malaysia-airlines-launches-refreshed-cabin-in-flight-offerings.html

I hope the novelty of the new kits doesn't wear off to quickly. Many travellers don't even bother taking their kits with them after landing.

I don;t it is a big issue Counter C and H aren't that far anyway. There are multiple screens FID now in front of all check-in islands, so getting lost in KLIA check in area is high impossible. Paris CDG is another stories.......out of this world.

Like everything french, they tend to complicate every single thing.

I hope the novelty of the new kits doesn't wear off to quickly. Many travellers don't even bother taking their kits with them after landing.

I have a shelf full :p Only qr current series is practical.

I was at KLIA yesterday. Seems that some international flights are using row F as well as H. There are people walking around holding up signs saying row H. Seems a bit confusing to me.

It seems there is no end to MAB hemorrhage. believe current MAB management have no clue what to do next except waiting to be taken over. heard; there are a few dd going on.

Let's hope the government pick the right team to take over. Qatar Airways has submitted their plan too, but judging from Air Italy annual result announced yesterday, I don't have much faith in them in changing MAB. Not because Al-Baker is incompetent, more of if they can adapt to MH or Malaysians way of working.