MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

MAS Privatisation

Why would MH notify you of equipment change if, as you had described, you had just bought the ticket and the equipment was already a 332?

Anyway, MH never advises equipment change but only seat change if this has been preselected.

I think he meant from websites like Airlineroute that usually provide updates whenever an airline includes an aircraft upgage/downgauge in the GDS schedule.

Maybe this is just a one-off equipment swap.

I think he meant from websites like Airlineroute that usually provide updates whenever an airline includes an aircraft upgage/downgauge in the GDS schedule.

Maybe this is just a one-off equipment swap.

Thanks that's correct.

Was looking at expert flyer and it seems that change is scheduled for at least the next few months.

MH does not notify pax of equipment change but only seat change if already preselected - which in many cases usually denote some equipment change for that particular flight

Had a pleasant surprise on mh regional b738; meal was served on tray complete with bun, butter, fruits and 250 ml bottle of water.

Had a pleasant surprise on mh regional b738; meal was served on tray complete with bun, butter, fruits and 250 ml bottle of water.

In economy?

In economy?

I believe for flights to Bangkok you get this. For flights to Yangon you get the standard meal box.

As far as I knew, MH613 will operates daily with A330-200/300 starting 15 June/19.

Excellent! I can finally get some decent rest on SIN-KUL flights.

I believe for flights to Bangkok you get this. For flights to Yangon you get the standard meal box.

Yes, was on ey to BKK, will check out PNH sector next week.

Edited by KK Lee

Excellent! I can finally get some decent rest on SIN-KUL flights.

Finally flatbed on the route. That will give SQ a run for their money.

Yes, was on ey to BKK, will check out PNH sector next week.

BKK and CGK get the full tray service for quite some time now. PNH, DPS, BWN etc still get the mealbox treatment.

BKK and CGK get the full tray service for quite some time now. PNH, DPS, BWN etc still get the mealbox treatment.

Didn't know. Why the difference? Khazanah and mof executives fly these two routes often?

Didn't know. Why the difference? Khazanah and mof executives fly these two routes often?

As a regular traveller I'm sure you can tell the difference between a lucrative and a not so lucrative route.

Finally flatbed on the route. That will give SQ a run for their money.

Yes, I'm glad MH is upping its game on this premium route. Sleep is very important to business travellers, especially on a flight as long as KUL-SIN.

Qantas suffered massive million dollar losses at the same time as MAS - 2013-2014. But they recovered to make billion dollar profits. Why Qantas boleh and MAS tidak boleh? Here is a story of Qantas' recovery.

MAB Sees Stable Q1 Performance with Good Traction in CSI, NPS

2% revenue improvement YoY

Load factor remained steady at 75.2% attributed to aggressive sales initiatives on the back of much softer market

Excellent on-time performance (OTP) for the quarter at 86%, an improvement of 10 percentage points YoY

Customer Satisfaction Index up 2 percentage points YoY and Net Promoter Score up 14 points from a year ago

See: https://www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/en/news-article/2019/mab-sees-stable-q1-performance.html

As a regular traveller I'm sure you can tell the difference between a lucrative and a not so lucrative route.

Yes, I'm glad MH is upping its game on this premium route. Sleep is very important to business travellers, especially on a flight as long as KUL-SIN.

I must admit >80% of KUL/BKK sector was on TG, I chose MH this time because of timing.

What is cost difference between snack box and meal on tray? RM 6? 5 cabin crews instead of 4? Believe service consistency throughout the network is important to branding.

I must admit >80% of KUL/BKK sector was on TG, I chose MH this time because of timing.

What is cost difference between snack box and meal on tray? RM 6? 5 cabin crews instead of 4? Believe service consistency throughout the network is important to branding.

The marginal costs will not be an issue if people are willing to pay for it. Clearly, not enough people are.

And before someone points out they prefer TG because they offer 34 inch pitch, glorious widebodies and piping hot meals at a low price - look at their financial performance. You are effectively being subsidised by the Thai taxpayer.

The marginal costs will not be an issue if people are willing to pay for it. Clearly, not enough people are.

And before someone points out they prefer TG because they offer 34 inch pitch, glorious widebodies and piping hot meals at a low price - look at their financial performance. You are effectively being subsidised by the Thai taxpayer.

TG is a glc, leakage is not insignificant.

From my experience, inbound from BKK & DPS are catered from those stations

I dont believe there is catering uplift from DPS, but there is uplift at CGK.

And with the larger PTV screens in the A330 business class seats, high yielding pax can now also watch with enhanced clarity a movie or two, and maybe squeeze in a third one before landing if the plane needs to do circles due to bad weather over the destination airfield.

Perhaps the one thing that will blow away all competition on KUL/SIN - dine on demand :)

I, for one, would appreciate the flexibility to have my murtabak 30 mins before landing!