MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

MAS Privatisation

As with most travel bloggers I'd take his excitement with a pinch of salt.

This seems eerily similar to the regional A350 flights back in Dec/Jan. And all we know how well that turned out for the row 1 hopefuls.

I wonder how many pax actually max out the domestic flight luggage allowance for flights within Peninsular Malaysia - perhaps those greatly affected by this new ruling would be KUL-East Malaysian flights.

I wonder how many pax actually max out the domestic flight luggage allowance for flights within Peninsular Malaysia - perhaps those greatly affected by this new ruling would be KUL-East Malaysian flights.

What about those connecting to international flights?

What about those connecting to international flights?

Saw a note to say that if it is international flights to domestic and vv will not be affected - the 30kg allowance remains.

most of the time students would be the major affected group

Malaysia Airlines taps lenders for first jet financing since revamp

They could also be discouraged by the airline's struggle to show a meaningful recovery after job cuts, fleet changes and route adjustments undertaken as part of a five-year turnaround plan.

"The way they managed their restructuring and put pressure on banks, that's something banks haven't forgotten. There are also no concrete signs of a turnaround," said one source.

Brutal honesty there .....

"Things are clearly not working out the way they should," said a second source. "There's lack of continuity at senior management positions, they have formidable low-cost competitors on short- and medium-haul routes and the long-haul market has still not recovered."

..... and here :)

"Your insolvency risk on Malaysia Airlines is pretty much zero. Malaysia would never let it happen," a third source said.

But there is always sugar daddy about at the end of day :D

Malaysia Airlines taps lenders for first jet financing since revamp

Brutal honesty there .....

..... and here :)

But there is always sugar daddy about at the end of day :D

But we've got a much more leaner government now. Not sure if the new Sugar Daddy will continue feeding this loss making entity.

But we've got a much more leaner government now. Not sure if the new Sugar Daddy will continue feeding this loss making entity.

One solution is to entice sq senior executives and board members to lead mh, which was politically impossible previously. Edited by KK Lee

One solution is to entice sq senior executives and board members to lead mh, which was politically impossible previously.

And it is still is and will never happen. The next best is to try to entice some AK management who are good in handling costs.

I think the PH govt. is looking at all GLCs, from Petronas down to MAB! So we can expect some review to take place! MAB should be kicked back into shape and not left directionless as it is now.

And it is still is and will never happen. The next best is to try to entice some AK management who are good in handling costs.

Judging how Mueler and Bellew handled MAB with extreme bean countering measures after the name change due to the prev co poor management with very little assets and cash with the lack of yielding customers top up with blurred bods, they'll just likely terminate all flights exceeding 6hours due low of feeding traffic or turn a full service carrier into a low cost carrier pay per use module and terminate more staff benefits that will deter more experience crew away. At the end MAB will just need narrowbody and stretch narrowbody aircrafts. If thats the case it would be better to let Gulf Carriers operate in Malaysia lol bang of buck in network and hard products.

Edited by jahur

Anyone who thinks the PH government is going to shake up GLCs like MAB for the better should come to me, because I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.

The next best is to try to entice some AK management who are good in handling costs.

The last time this happened they were good in siphoning marketing dollars to support a lowly football team, as well as free repatriations of passengers stranded by the shutting of the London route by the reds.

Edited by Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

Anyone who thinks the PH government is going to shake up GLCs like MAB for the better should come to me, because I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.

The last time this happened they were good in siphoning marketing dollars to support a lowly football team, as well as free repatriations of passengers stranded by the shutting of the London route by the reds.

Too bad, with or without AirAsia in Malaysia Airlines, the latter is dying a slow death any way. After much money is pumped into the entity yet we have disastrous result, be it local or foreign CEO, this speaks volume about the entity.

So what do you think should be done? It is clear that the RM 6b, 5 year turnaround plan isn't working.

To me, the govt. should not pump any more money into MAB. They already got RM 6b and they should soar or sink with it. If they cannot turn around after all those staff cuts and aircraft retirements, then they should just sell it or close it down.

Most of those associated with MAB (whether insiders or outsiders) seem to assume that the govt. will not allow MAB to die. So they are not committed to ensure that MAB is a success.

And with the previous 2 bailouts, and the last Khanazah put in rm6Billion, the total amount spent on MAB would be more than rm20 Billion so far - and now just a couple of days ago MAB is trying to get funds to finance th= some 25 737s Max. But am sure the govt even under PH and Dr M will bail out MAB again - question is how much more and longer will the govt comtinue to do so.

So what do you think should be done? It is clear that the RM 6b, 5 year turnaround plan isn't working.

To me, the govt. should not pump any more money into MAB. They already got RM 6b and they should soar or sink with it. If they cannot turn around after all those staff cuts and aircraft retirements, then they should just sell it or close it down.

Most of those associated with MAB (whether insiders or outsiders) seem to assume that the govt. will not allow MAB to die. So they are not committed to ensure that MAB is a success.

First, stop introducing new cooks. The reason why the broth is spoiled is because there's too many cooks in the kitchen.

Secondly, they should continue onwards with the plan set forth previously. Especially with regards to fleet replacement - they need to not only take up the MAX order, but also decide on whether to proceed with the 787 LOI or not, because the back & forth has gone long enough, almost a decade.

Killing of MAB isn't going to help things. In fact, it would be bad for the Malaysian consumer since TF's strong monopoly will kill competition. Say goodbye to cheap fares then.

First, stop introducing new cooks. The reason why the broth is spoiled is because there's too many cooks in the kitchen.

Secondly, they should continue onwards with the plan set forth previously. Especially with regards to fleet replacement - they need to not only take up the MAX order, but also decide on whether to proceed with the 787 LOI or not, because the back & forth has gone long enough, almost a decade.

Killing of MAB isn't going to help things. In fact, it would be bad for the Malaysian consumer since TF's strong monopoly will kill competition. Say goodbye to cheap fares then.

They can't seem to continue the current plan due to the fact that they're loosing experience people in their operations. They can't even surply fresh workers to keep the current network afloat cause they can't even spend on getting an additional sim or assigning half of them overseas, they hired so many but it takes so damn long for them to get online. Experience crew are leaving salary rate is crap, benefits provided are not honored, leaves are not honored, health and fatigue issues are at high. And all the company can explain was they'll doing all this for sum business continuity plan and y'all should be greatfull. Commiting on keeping fresh staffs are also not long term anymore now they'll just leave in 2years time and company has spent almost rm150k on each staffs rating.

If no financial stimuli or certain investment or even loan is provided mab will be slow again like it used to back in pre 2010 as they're unable to commit any hard product enhancemnt or replacement as money will be spent to keep salaries and benefits at competitive rate. If they don't fix these stuff don't expect mab to rise up anytime soon. I think closing down mab will only be a good idea only if a right airline can come and replace the current network and keep business and routes moving. Closing them down with no replacement is suicide for a country.

Edited by jahur

If no financial stimuli or certain investment or even loan is provided mab will be slow again like it used to back in pre 2010 as they're unable to commit any hard product enhancemnt or replacement as money will be spent to keep salaries and benefits at competitive rate. If they don't fix these stuff don't expect mab to rise up anytime soon. I think closing down mab will only be a good idea only if a right airline can come and replace the current network and keep business and routes moving. Closing them down with no replacement is suicide for a country.

Problem is, some people think that financial stimuli are wasteful, as if those money is going to be used for development anyways.

Problem is, some people think that financial stimuli are wasteful, as if those money is going to be used for development anyways.

With the entire Khazanah BOD leaving one can only hope an entire reset can be done in how they handle their subsidiaries and etc. Hope something can be done about MAB's BOD as well everytime somethings gets passed to top level the BODs spin it around or threw it back off citing many reasons as an issue. Request for adjustments to keep tech crew from leaving have been suggested and tabled repeatedly nearly 2 years ago. Now they act all surprised and caught off guard when signs and symptoms were already there so damn long ago. Few might believe MAB got what it deserves for its constant boasting that they're best and employing the take it or leave it crap to their employees which is true. However sadly this does not exclusively involves Mab as well as more airlines around the world are now doing this snake like tactics.

Edited by jahur

With the entire Khazanah BOD leaving one can only hope an entire reset can be done in how they handle their subsidiaries and etc. Everytime somethings gets passed to top level the BODs spin it around or threw it back off citing many reasons as an issue. Request for adjustments to keep tech crew from leaving have been suggested and tabled repeatedly nearly 2 years ago. Now they act all surprised and caught off guard when signs and symptoms were already there so damn long ago. Few might believe MAB got what it deserves for its constant boasting that they're best and employing the take it or leave it crap to their employees which is true. However sadly this does not exclusively involves Mab as well as more airlines around the world are now doing this snake like tactics.

Then maybe it's a problem with the aviation industry itself than the airline.

Passengers keep harping about the lowering of standards, but are clamoring for cheaper & cheaper fares. Remember, for every action there's an opposite and equal reaction....