MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

MAS Privatisation

TDM and his new cabinet are now on a path to reduce debts and remove unnecssary govt agencies and even manpower. But believed that for MAB, there will still be govt intervention more in providing financial aid to the airline as if not MAB would go under as its still making losses ad will not be able to turn a profit soon. Even then after a few restructurings, the govt had pump in about rm20 Billion over the years into MAS and up to today, it is still unable to stand on its feet and require govt financial thgough its GLC.

Let;s see is Dr M will finally say enough is enough and sell off MAB.

TDM and his new cabinet are now on a path to reduce debts and remove unnecssary govt agencies and even manpower. But believed that for MAB, there will still be govt intervention more in providing financial aid to the airline as if not MAB would go under as its still making losses ad will not be able to turn a profit soon. Even then after a few restructurings, the govt had pump in about rm20 Billion over the years into MAS and up to today, it is still unable to stand on its feet and require govt financial thgough its GLC.

Let;s see is Dr M will finally say enough is enough and sell off MAB.

He contributed to the mess, he better damn well take responsibility for it.

Anyone can confirm the call centre operations are out sourced to South Asian countries? I had hard times and diffculties to understand their accent.

Anyone can confirm the call centre operations are out sourced to South Asian countries? I had hard times and diffculties to understand their accent.

I cannot confirm but I suspected as much.

Called the call centre yesterday and was pleasantly surprised. The call was answered promptly and the customer service rep was very efficient, polite and swift. Never had such experience with MH before. I suspected that they have outsourced the call centre operation because the experience was almost similar to the one I had with BA a couple of weeks ago. The English used was very good and I have no issue understanding the accent whatsoever. Gave them maximum points during the survey at the end.

Way to go MH!

Edited by Azri

The English-language calls are now routed to Fiji. Been this way for quite some time.

For many the experience has been painful. Poorly trained staff who are empowered to do virtually nothing.

Thankfully the BM call centre is still in Malaysia. Since the Fiji outsourcing I have been pressing 2 for BM. A much better experience, to say the least :)

The English-language calls are now routed to Fiji. Been this way for quite some time.

For many the experience has been painful. Poorly trained staff who are empowered to do virtually nothing.

Thankfully the BM call centre is still in Malaysia. Since the Fiji outsourcing I have been pressing 2 for BM. A much better experience, to say the least :)

I'd started pressing 2 for BM long before the outsource to Fiji. Just quicker overall. But it's funny now, cause i see a lot of my friends calling the BM line going --- er er er gua kasi lu reference gua. Lu tengok mau kasi tukar flight bikin lambat sikit boleh ah?

I noticed from the couple of flights I took from KUL to Kuching this past two weeks, the number of cabin crew for the 737 flights have increased from the usual 4 to 5. I also noted that one of the crew must be new, as our kakak in the red kebaya was giving some helpful tips to one of the crew in serving passengers. Perhaps new crew in training? or improving service? If the latter, this is a good move.

Also noticed that the food has improved as well. Way to go, MH.

I noticed from the couple of flights I took from KUL to Kuching this past two weeks, the number of cabin crew for the 737 flights have increased from the usual 4 to 5. I also noted that one of the crew must be new, as our kakak in the red kebaya was giving some helpful tips to one of the crew in serving passengers. Perhaps new crew in training? or improving service? If the latter, this is a good move.

On my last flight KUL-ADL,they served rice with chicken kurma and it was really good. Definitely one of the best meals I ever had on MH.

Just to check with those who had flown economy on Tokyo to KL sector on MAS on the night flight and arriving KUL in the early morning. For the meals, you are only served one meal after take off. After that nothing.

Is this the sign of MH Cost cutting? Normally there would be a light snack just before landing?

Spoke to the crew on my recent flight to DPS. On flights less than 2 hours 738 are manned by crew of 5, above 2 hours 4. My KCH KUL had 5 crew while the DPS had 4. Edited by Kenneth Chong WT

Spoke to the crew on my recent flight to DPS. On flights less than 2 hours 738 are manned by crew of 5, above 2 hours 4. My KCH KUL had 5 crew while the DPS had 4.

They do that simply because MH has the policy to serve meal for flight over an hour and with only 2 hours, they would need to ensure all passengers get to have their meal within short times and able to complete their meal and have the beverages served + coffee & tea time and clean up whole cabin before the flight landed.

Just to check with those who had flown economy on Tokyo to KL sector on MAS on the night flight and arriving KUL in the early morning. For the meals, you are only served one meal after take off. After that nothing.

Is this the sign of MH Cost cutting? Normally there would be a light snack just before landing?

I took this flight in early May, we were served meal (Japanese tray or western) after take-off and snack (onigiri) before landing.

My son took the flight on the 21 May 2018. Only served dinner after takeoff. After that nothing.

He was totally shocked with the meals being cut and also the cabin crew was absent throughout the duration of he flight. He had to call them for a drink. Service was just bad.

No problems with the morning flight though.

Could be that it is the month of Ramadan and the airline wrongly assumed that all pax fast.

Fasting at night? Its a night flight. And departing at 10.50 pm and arriving KLIA around 4.30 am. So dont think thats the case.

MH service is rather inconsistent ... on some flights I really had great service, and the crew were really nice. Some flights, they were just almost non existence -they just greet you when you board, do the meals in a rush manner, then say goodbye after you land. On one flight to London last year, I noticed that they served a snack box to pax up to a few rows in front of me, then they disappeared, and didn't serve the rest. I had to ask them for it later on in the flight, and I was given two boxes!

My son took the flight on the 21 May 2018. Only served dinner after takeoff. After that nothing.

He was totally shocked with the meals being cut and also the cabin crew was absent throughout the duration of he flight. He had to call them for a drink. Service was just bad.

No problems with the morning flight though.

Is it because it was a night flight? On my recent night flight, crew retreated to the galley and only walked once awhile so that they did not to disrupt passengers. Even QF has this policy that they would make fewer announcement and cabin crew would not walk around much to allow pax to rest.

Is it because it was a night flight? On my recent night flight, crew retreated to the galley and only walked once awhile so that they did not to disrupt passengers. Even QF has this policy that they would make fewer announcement and cabin crew would not walk around much to allow pax to rest.

Some airlines will still do so... sneakily with cabin light dimmed to serve passengers who needed some snacks. I know QR did.

On my midnight flights from JFK to LHR on BA, they only served one meal and offered only drinks before landing. The flight time is about 6+ hours.

On my midnight flights from JFK to LHR on BA, they only served one meal and offered only drinks before landing. The flight time is about 6+ hours.

BA doesn't even serve meal or drinks for short haul flights, 2 hours... expecting passengers to purchase selection of M&S on board.

MH131/130 today is operated by 9M-FSL, flyglobal 777-300. Not enough plane today?

Believe it's 9M-MTW. Noticed it as well few weeks ago it was wearing 9M-FSL on flightradar. Transponder mixed?