MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

MAS Privatisation

Was told by Malaysia Airlines that they are problems

with the web browsers and currently the only one compatible is Internet Explorer.

That's why I have errors using Safari while browsing. However the app is fine.

They hope to sort this problem soon.

and all those hype of working till 3 am gone to waste, typical malaysian, all hype and no result LOL, dont know how long the current CEO can tahan with our mentality

To be fair the transition wasn't a total disaster. The issues reported here are quite expected of any system migration, even with the most competent of airlines.

SQ's switch to Amadeus in 2012 was a huge disaster, with issues lasting for over a year. For several weeks the website was basically unusable.

From Malaysia Airlines to grow partnerships, increase codeshare traffic following cutover to Amadeus PSS CAPA Article:

While Malaysia Airlines has succeeded at migrating to a new PSS, it also has a lot of work ahead in order to fully exploit the opportunities that are made available from the transition. The initial version of Altea that Malaysia Airlines has actuated is a basic or “vanilla” version. Malaysia Airlines will need to commit to more functionality in order to unlock opportunities in other areas such as ancillaries.

So MH got the cheapest version of Amadeus (which is understandable) - which pretty much consists of online booking and check-in function only? :p

Also from the CAPA article (in a very subtle way), previous CEO made a mistake with EK but we can't back out now ;)

To be fair the transition wasn't a total disaster. The issues reported here are quite expected of any system migration, even with the most competent of airlines.

SQ's switch to Amadeus in 2012 was a huge disaster, with issues lasting for over a year. For several weeks the website was basically unusable.

Wasn't a huge disaster when they released O class to the general public tho ;)

That's what happens when they tried to do everything at the same time (Amadeus switchover plus a new website). MH at least had some sense to launch a new website later this year.

Edited by Craig

Manage my Booking function is back on MH website. Unlike previous website, you can view and modify your details now.

But you still cannot amend the booking like change of dates and flights.

But you still cannot amend the booking like change of dates and flights.

You can't confirm seat selections as well.

Trying it out now, I can choose the seats, but doing so will cause the "Confirm and Close" button to disappear, so no option to save the changes.

I believe seat selection is no longer going to be FOC.

You will need to pay to select your favourite seats. Maybe that was why it does not work properly.

Seat selection and payment is rather confusing and misleading. Shown as "already paid' when did not make any payment for it, and reflected in the total amount "paid". Yet, when you click continue, will be prompted to make payment. Whilst for award booking, it also shows the "already paid' status, but if you click "continue", it will loop you back to the booking confirmation page. This was followed up with an email.... to inform that I had a sex change... Buggy!

Edited by V Wong

I believe seat selection is no longer going to be FOC.

You will need to pay to select your favourite seats. Maybe that was why it does not work properly.

This is for J, so the seat selection is included. It is shown on their website as "1 FREE SEAT".

Only issue is, upon selection of the seat, the "Confirm & Close" button disappears.

Unless it could be because this ticket isn't on MH's own metal.

Seat selection and payment is rather confusing and misleading. Shown as "already paid' when did not make any payment for it, and reflected in the total amount "paid". Yet, when you click continue, will be prompted to make payment. Whilst for award booking, it also shows the "already paid' status, but if you click "continue", it will loop you back to the booking confirmation page. This was followed up with an email.... to inform that I had a sex change... Buggy!

Is this on a MH flight or code sharing?

I have no problem to select free seat for business class on MH operated flights, but on any code-shared flight operated by other airlines, I can view the seat map and select the seat, but unable to 'keep' the seat once I click on confirm & close button. They also changed my previously selected seats on this new website.

just did my seat selection vide the new interface, overall good improvement with larger fonts, spacing in between sentences you have better view of the details. im ok with MH being at least at par with other airlines, not sub-par, i think they are in the right direction, all the best to them and hopefully they will have some special treats on flights first day of raya like before

Malaysia Airlines again adjusts its widebody strategy, to resume long haul growth in 2018

Malaysia Airlines is planning to launch a new long haul route in 2018, using its new A350 fleet. Destinations in continental Europe are under evaluation. London has been Malaysia Airlines’ only destination in Europe since early 2016, when the flag carrier suspended services to Amsterdam and Paris as part of the last phase of its network restructuring project.
Malaysia Airlines plans to use four A350s to replace A380s on its twice daily London service under a recently accelerated schedule which includes transitioning the first London flight in 1Q2018. The other two A350s were initially intended for medium haul routes within Asia Pacific, including Auckland, but are now earmarked for a new not yet decided long haul route.
Malaysia Airlines is also planning to nearly double the size of its passenger widebody fleet over the next few years – from 21 aircraft to 36 aircraft. The lease of approximately 15 additional A330s will enable Malaysia Airlines to upgauge several routes from the 737-800 as it shrinks its narrowbody fleet.
Full analysis:

Ok, figured out why I couldn't select my seats.

They were Enrich redeemed flights on Etihad. I had to call Etihad up to make the selection. (I tried Etihad's website earlier, but it mentioned it was a third party booking and to contact my provider, in this case, MAS, but that didn't worked either).

Malaysia Airlines sees steady progress in Q2 2017
  • Tough first half with heightened competition and unfavourable currency conditions
  • Passenger Load Factors up 16.9% YoY
  • Passenger revenue saw an increase of 8% YoY
  • Successful cutover to new Amadeus Reservation System - went live on 10 June
  • Renews safety audit accreditation for 7th time since 2005
  • Launch of the Negaraku livery in the presence of the Prime Minister of Malaysia, YAB Dato’ Sri Mohd Najib Tun Abdul Razak
  • Malaysia Airlines is on track to be profitable in second half of 2018

Full report:

https://www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/en/corporate-info/press-room/2017/steady_progress_in_Q2_2017.html

I wonder if we'll hear something from MAS and Boeing in the coming days during the PM's trip to the US.

Would definitely kick things off to a good start when meeting with the man who's been trumpeting Buy American :rofl: