MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

MAS Privatisation

Sat inside KA728 for two hours today waiting for air traffic congestion to clear, subsequently missed connecting flight in HKIA. Wonder if related to MH Amadeus migration or general malady of KLIA?

Five minutes to go - wonder if the fingers are already crossed or still frantically punching the keyboards

Facebook says "up and running" oledi :)

(still no check-in function though)

And still no Enrich... and still no Multicity booking ...

And the ios app still does not accept previous yet-to-be-flown bookings based on ticket numbers (maybe I'm just being stubborn as the app did hint its preference for SQ tickets/flights ...)

It's been 10 for a while now. I'd like to say lot started late 2014-mid 2015 but can't remember fully.

Wah. Posted this in the middle of the night. Sounds like someone was in the sun too much and wanted to appreciate what the sky is like at night ;)

Wah. Posted this in the middle of the night. Sounds like someone was in the sun too much and wanted to appreciate what the sky is like at night ;)

Urgh :) that was quite an experience... 29 hours daylight straight whilst not in a high latitude country....

Wow, it would take sometime for your body clock to realize when are you.

I still don't know :p - I woke up to watch the sunrise in Doha and sehr (sahur) there was 3.10am. It was bright by 3.25 or so. Flew DOH-LAX at 730am which was run close to as far north as 81N and in 100% daylight - it never got dark. Finally set about 20.30 in Los Angeles - close to 29 hours of no night. It's very hard on the body. I feel like sh1t 😝

Today out of the blue, I received a reply for a feedback I sent to MH in Feb. Guess it's better late than never.

I had totally forgotten about it and thought it was a spam mail until I read the content of the email. Wonderful!

Edited by V Wong

Finally set about 20.30 in Los Angeles - close to 29 hours of no night. It's very hard on the body. I feel like sh1t

And yet you can go jalan in a few malls, 3 targets, and an In-N-Out run. The real wonderwoman ;)

Out of curiosity - how do a Muslim pax do these flights?

MASKargo fleet is officially down to 2 A332F according to latest GP issue. 9M-MUC is flown to Singapore on 2 June 2017 for pre-delivery inspection to Royal Jordanian. Which is the other being sold? MUA, MUB and MUD are all busy these few days.

Both B744F 9M-MPR and MPS are stored awaiting for new owners.

Would it be right to assume the 'cutover' to new system is now complete ?

And what functions that is available now is 'it' ?

If so, the web based system is definitely far inferior to the app on my phone - cannot find where to view my itinerary despite having dug out the newly minted six digit PNR :)

The full website = plus Amadeus minus personal login. Had expected a total revamp of the website, but it proved to be wishful thinking up till now. A few years ago, I said that it was behind time, now it's probably a decade behind competitors :(... sangat sedih

The full website = plus Amadeus minus personal login. Had expected a total revamp of the website, but it proved to be wishful thinking up till now. A few years ago, I said that it was behind time, now it's probably a decade behind competitors :(... sangat sedih

I read that they are launching a whole new website later this year (around Sept. but don't quote me). It can be a good thing that they don't launch everything at one go (remember the SQ disaster 2012?). IME, they need to fix multi-city, editing search whilst in the flight selection page (instead of returning home every time), business promo fares, and better flight status page.

The switchover to Amadeus also enabled MH to sell tickets all the way before flight closes (instead of zeroing out inventory 3-4 hours before). Super helpful when there are IRROPS and an OAL wants to FIM to MH (previously not possible unless the MH flight departs 3-4 hours later).

The full website = plus Amadeus minus personal login .....

If "plus Amadeus", mean we should be able to tinkle with seats, meals etc ?

I cannot even see my itinerary on the website - where does one go ?! :)

Nearest I got was the new PNR retrieval function, with footnote to call em if you want anything changed :)

All that available on the phone app though

Cannot book flight to Singapore using the browser on Malaysia airlines website. Its available on the app via iPhone

On the website all flights full for any date except Subang

Edited by KJ Lim