MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

MAS Privatisation

Judging from the similar characters and colour scheme from the YouTube new J class product, Purple seems to be a colour pallete being leaned towards for the new identity

Another Thai Airways in the making? :)

Judging from the similar characters and colour scheme from the YouTube new J class product, Purple seems to be a colour pallete being leaned towards for the new identity

I don't see purple, just blue. MH has been using blue seats in J.

they should use blue, red and yellow, the colours of malaysian flag

And white.

May be mh uniform should be in these 4 colours.

Edited by KK Lee

And white.

May be mh uniform should be in these 4 colours.

Oh cool. It may end up looking like a clown suit

Edited by S V Choong

any colours can do....they just need to be creative...look at ANZ using black and white only but still a nice colour scheme

Air NZ black and white complements each other well - ying and yang theory.

A bit of understanding of colours could go a long way. Blue, Red and Yellow are strong colours. When you have too much strong colours, it will not make it look good. If you look at many major and good design, they often have less colour, which keeps it simple. 3-4 colours is an eye sore, let alone all strong colours. The national flag should not only be the generator of an idea. It can start with other things.

Understanding colours:

I think enough of the flag colours already. We have the colours on KTM trains for decades now and I think it limits the creativity for a more classy look on new and modern trains now in service.

Air NZ black and white complements each other well - ying and yang theory.

A bit of understanding of colours could go a long way. Blue, Red and Yellow are strong colours. When you have too much strong colours, it will not make it look good. If you look at many major and good design, they often have less colour, which keeps it simple. 3-4 colours is an eye sore, let alone all strong colours. The national flag should not only be the generator of an idea. It can start with other things.

Understanding colours:

blabla bla...nobody asked you to paint the aircraft red blue and yellow from top to bottom and dont need to put your argument across by lecturing people on the theory of colour..some people are so narrow minded..see below examples of using your creativities

cayman%20airways%20plane_zpsdcwqivnz.jpg

1000-upload-iblock-7bd-aircalin_com_zpsh

blabla bla...nobody asked you to paint the aircraft red blue and yellow from top to bottom and dont need to put your argument across by lecturing people on the theory of colour..some people are so narrow minded..see below examples of using your creativities

Relax, When people disagree with you, don't need to get cranky and demonstrate your level of 'maturity'.

Nobody have ever asked you to contribute your ideas and suggestions towards the livery and when you do it out in the forum, people will comment.

I don't think the Air Calin, Cayman Island livery NOR the KTM livery looked good. So lets agree to disagree.

Let the expert and graphic designers do their job.

Edited by S V Choong

The trend is heading towards simplicity and this can be seen on the swoosh and A380 livery. Unfortunately so far both livery failed to live up to expectation of MH being a national carrier and a FSC. The swoosh was so closely related to LCC when it was first introduced, and we had no idea about the special A380-only livery.

The problem now is they wanted to change, and they change too much and along the way the identity was lost. I don't think we should drop the tail logo. I would update the logo (perhaps enlarge it, change the angle a bit etc). Then just use 1 main color design on the plain white fuselage. I would go for a light/dark combo of blue (as compared to red or yellow) on a white fuselage.

Unfortunately despite hiring so called good reputation of the designers, it didn't click for MH. Perhaps they should try a different approach this time like facebook contest that is open to everyone. I think it worked out pretty well for D7 on their special liveries.

The trend is heading towards simplicity and this can be seen on the swoosh and A380 livery. Unfortunately so far both livery failed to live up to expectation of MH being a national carrier and a FSC. The swoosh was so closely related to LCC when it was first introduced, and we had no idea about the special A380-only livery.

The problem now is they wanted to change, and they change too much and along the way the identity was lost. I don't think we should drop the tail logo. I would update the logo (perhaps enlarge it, change the angle a bit etc). Then just use 1 main color design on the plain white fuselage. I would go for a light/dark combo of blue (as compared to red or yellow) on a white fuselage.

Unfortunately despite hiring so called good reputation of the designers, it didn't click for MH. Perhaps they should try a different approach this time like facebook contest that is open to everyone. I think it worked out pretty well for D7 on their special liveries.

Agree. MAS has been suffering from brand identity crisis since Idris Jala's days. Five stars airline with LCC business model just doesn't work well with travelling public, especially frequent flyers. You are paying top dollar but having lunch box. Who in the right mind would do so unless you're in EU? However, one can't blame IJ completely as AK Group was expanding massively back then with two or three new A320 every other months. IJ needed to do anything to keep the airline afloat.

Since Tengku Azmil took over, everything went further downhill since MH has nothing left to sell unless the spin off their engineering, ground service and cargo subsidiaries and sell them off. The share prices and profits tumbled over every quarters and CASM went through the roof. Introducing the swoosh livery and Landor A380 all blue livery added further confusion to MH brand identity. You have three/four livery flying for same airline at the same time. Landor did very well with many other airlines' rebranding, can't understand why they failed MH's miserably. They are more haters than lovers I believe.

MAB require a complete and more sustainable brand overhaul. The colours on those new J class looks good enough: dark blue, teal and perhaps purple. Slap a billboard "malaysia airlines" you are done.....*joking for last part*

Edited by JuliusWong

The Wau encircled on the original 1972 MH logo was IMO a most intriguing and symbolic image - that of "controlled flight".

This should come back in some way or form and could be extended in meaning to be representative of a more guided MAS having ought to have learnt from the mistakes of the past. A colour long associated with MAS but ever exploited in marketing is the aqua-green/blue of the uniforms as well as the trademark gold. Although it would appear as "plagiarised", using gold for the Wau would certainly be befitting.

Perhaps a more traditional Wau from the current stylised "jellyfish" and with a gradient batik motif (similar to that on the uniform) combined with the "freedom of space" lines on the fuselage, with just the words "Malaysia" once more. The flag should continue to appear above the windows and aft of the title lettering.. or perhaps in front of the registration, similar to Qantas.

I have said this before and I will say this again. It is best to ditch the wau logo. This logo is now associated with disaster and incompetence.

Its better to use another Malaysian icon - we have plenty to choose from, e.g. kancil, hornbill, bunga raya, keris, etc.

Malaysia Air on Track With Profit, Mulls Fleet Expansion

Malaysia Airlines Bhd. is on track to return to profitability by 2018, helped by job cuts and route changes undertaken as the company reeled from two high-profile plane crashes in 2014, Chief Executive Officer Christoph Mueller said.
The airline’s restructuring effort is proceeding as planned and the company is finished laying off employees, Mueller said in an interview Monday with Bloomberg Television in Singapore. The carrier wants to buy and own some aircraft once its targets are met, as its existing fleet structure is skewed toward leased planes, he said.
"The biggest challenge is really to go back to the good old times when we won the best customer quality awards," Mueller said. "Our product is a little bit tired. We will do a lot of work on our product this year."