MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

MAS Privatisation

whats the point? their catering is the one in dire need of upgrading and improvement.....

Every bit of MH needs upgrading and improvement. This is just one small step towards the overall rebuilding of MAB.

Chris Mueller Interview with Jason Strickland at World Travel Market in London (November 2015)

Link

He knows his stuff! And he knows MH inside out.....Short and succinct answer!

At 35:50, he mentioned above food..Malaysia is well known for food and diversity. He gave hint that catering is something that is being looked into with wi-fi....complete new product for both front and end of the aircraft.

At 38:28, he talked about name change. Surely Malaysia Airlines will get a new name, but for CM it is more important to change the content first before revamping outside.

Much anticipation ahead!

Edited by JuliusWong

Yes, I heard that proper trays are making a comeback into regional Y class service.

Also, rumours that Malindo/ Batik may take over some of the space currently occupied by the MH lounge at the satellite building for its own lounge.

Also, rumours that Malindo/ Batik may take over some of the space currently occupied by the MH lounge at the satellite building for its own lounge.

If this turns out to be true, I'm guessing the First/Emerald side will be the victim.

That was a really good interview with CM. Very insightful into his thoughts and game plan for MH.

Edited by Josh T

Wonder how much commercial sense there is to maintain a lounge at satellite (remnant or whatever) when it's already a stated intention to relocate all MH/MAB's operations at MTB

The Malaysia Airlines logo does exist in the Feb Going Places - at least in five places on one single page. I guess the fleet cant possibly be shown with just white tails!

But I know what you meant - it is a curious omission, especially in the route network pages where the logos of FY and MASwings were painstakingly reproduced next to the airlines' names but no wau to be seen. It is probably intentional? New logo to be launched after CNY?

And talking about route network, the Federation of Malaysia has from 1-Feb annexed Bandar Seri Begawan, but it appears to have bartered it with Kota Kinabalu.

And talking about route network, the Federation of Malaysia has from 1-Feb annexed Bandar Seri Begawan, but it appears to have bartered it with Kota Kinabalu.

Looks like the 'Asia & Oceania' regions experiencing very bad cloud and/or smog blankets - many cities only half visible, some completely obliterated. Our national capital is "ala Lumpur" - like mud, not particularly flattering :D

Interesting indeed. Weird that a few months ago Mueller said rebranding was not a priority..

It could be easier now to repaint with fewer aircraft. Last rebranding was half-arsed.

The Malaysia Airlines logo does exist in the Feb Going Places - at least in five places on one single page. I guess the fleet cant possibly be shown with just white tails!

But I know what you meant - it is a curious omission, especially in the route network pages where the logos of FY and MASwings were painstakingly reproduced next to the airlines' names but no wau to be seen. It is probably intentional? New logo to be launched after CNY?

Duly noted, oops, I missed those logo out. Reading at dark room...not a good thing.

The new map looks better than the previous route map, although it can be much better. The previous route map with all those alliance links couldn't be read at all. Such a mess!

Interesting indeed. Weird that a few months ago Mueller said rebranding was not a priority..

Looks like the 'Asia & Oceania' regions experiencing very bad cloud and/or smog blankets - many cities only half visible, some completely obliterated. Our national capital is "ala Lumpur" - like mud, not particularly flattering :D

Hahas!!! Hope they can improve for future issues.

It could be easier now to repaint with fewer aircraft. Last rebranding was half-arsed.

One of the worst rebranding I have ever encountered......

Hahas!!! Hope they can improve for future issues.

I am instead hoping it's only a glitch with the soft copy we are reading here, or that someone noticed beforehand and the printed hard copies are rectified accordingly

That sort of sloppiness reflects very badly upon culture (perceived or otherwise) at an airline still reeling from recent twin tragedies but has to maintain the 'safety is our utmost priority' stand

I am instead hoping it's only a glitch with the soft copy we are reading here, or that someone noticed beforehand and the printed hard copies are rectified accordingly

That sort of sloppiness reflects very badly upon culture (perceived or otherwise) at an airline still reeling from recent twin tragedies but has to maintain the 'safety is our utmost priority' stand

I doubt that would be the case.

The omission of brand identity is very clear and deliberate - even "Malaysia Airlines" is printed in a common font. They want to keep the new branding a big secret till it is officially unveiled. I suspect that will be done when they unveil their new business class product.

Always excited about an airline's rebranding! I do think it's a very designed way to quietly commence a rebranding exercise...

Quietly taking off the old ones and slowly giving hints that something new is about to come.

It better be good though, the new branding, as it will be (or already been) very much anticipated..

Dragonair to Cathay Dragon came so suddenly they did not allow anybody to start expecting.

New branding for MAB had been talked about for quite some time now, and still nothing happened prior to the going places-deliberation.

MH meals is just an embarrassment. Can't imagine this is a full service airlines. All MH competitors inflight meals are way better. Just compare the regional airlines, Garuda, Thai, Vietnam Airlines & Singapore Airlines.

I think CM wouldn't mind about regional catering at all, looking at what were served on AerLingus on Europe routes...

Edited by J. Suri

I doubt that would be the case.

The omission of brand identity is very clear and deliberate - .....

Flee,

Have you seen the page I was referring to ?

Or did it appear all ok on your screen ? :)

Judging from the similar characters and colour scheme from the YouTube new J class product, Purple seems to be a colour pallete being leaned towards for the new identity