MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

MAS Privatisation

Well the govt through Khazanah still need to put in another rm4 to 6 Billion into MAB in order to see it produce some profits which is not expected to be truly stellar or that it can even be able to pay back MAS accumulated debts of at least rm16 billion through the many years of restructurings. Even this new capital injection would be able to stary a totally brand new airline with aircrafts.

Even if and when MAB does turn a modest profit 2 or 3 years down the road, it would be a very hard struggle to expamd by then. Now with its own aircrafts it will only be a more of a regional airline - and being regional it have to even compete with the many budget airlines in the region that serves the same regional routes and even more. This regional field will also includes the many asian full service airlines.

I think if the economy recovers a few years down the line, there will be a demand for non stop long haul routes from KUL. If MAS doesn't do it, i hope other carriers will fill in the gap. I can't see how the ME3 (or 4!) can compete with each other like this continuously - only the strongest will survive!

Lets see what the future holds. The main aim for MAS now is haemorrhage control and damage limitation. It will survive (there is political will for it to survive)…but in what form, who knows?

I feel so sorry for the staff that are affected - including Capt Radzi. This has been a tough few years for them. I really hope that even better jobs are just around the corner from them …

Whilst the drama in enraging, meanwhile, from the spies at the MH Rumour Department:

A new round of weight check for cabin crew begun yesterday and will go on until March 2016. The objective is to get rid of fat cabin crews (whom may further add to the routing and aicraft weight problem after passengers were told they couldn't check in luggages).

Facts:

1. Cabin crew with discipline problem were all sacked in September 2015.

2. Cabin crew with medical problem, sick all the time, lots of MCs were all sacked in December 2015.

3. Cabin crew who are ok in job but fat will be sacked by June 2016 after the current weight check round is assessed.

Whilst the drama in enraging, meanwhile, from the spies at the MH Rumour Department:

Kinda cruel on the weight criteria, like no chance at all for crew who were overweight? some might be overweight but may have excellent service experience, perhaps could give some times or exception to these people to lose their weight?

What is their definition of "fat"? Is there any BMI imposed?

Some of my friends who had been flying for more than a decade handed in their staff badge two days ago....

One of them is fit and ripped with six packs......very friendly and pleasant person. Very sad to see them out of job...they gave their best for the company over the past decade.

No thanks to all those cronies and politicians who brought MH to its knees. Hope they are happy now enjoy their luxuries cause karma is a bitch, they will have their judgement day!

Grrrr!!!

crew that have been sacked in Sept involved with discipline problem - not really agree with this statement.

one of the best Leading Stewardess i ever met, LSS Azuati been sacked in Sept..

she was the outstanding leading, lovely lady, very friendly with ground staff,and pax (pax even following her instagram..how popular she is)

..kinda sad to know that she's no longer flying with MH..

some of the most dedicated crew been sacked by MH..such a disappointment..

As the saying goes, the company owe you nothing. Salary are paid on time. Hence, walking another mile for it makes no sense after all. Loyalty means nothing at this stage. Its all a business transaction.

Hey, on the bright side, MH still flying right? MH has never faced something like what QF or LH or BA faced all the time, crew strike resulting thousands of flights' cancellation... and QF's damage control was "Fly with us, on us".

Hey, on the bright side, MH still flying right? MH has never faced something like what QF or LH or BA faced all the time, crew strike resulting thousands of flights' cancellation... and QF's damage control was "Fly with us, on us".

By law, mh is essential service, striker could end up in jail.

Interesting observation. Seems like those active in strikes tends to do better generally. Maybe it lies in the mindset of the people?

Kinda cruel on the weight criteria, like no chance at all for crew who were overweight? some might be overweight but may have excellent service experience, perhaps could give some times or exception to these people to lose their weight?

I think if they can demand passengers cannot check in luggage to Europe (which is absurd and cruel and wow like are you f*king crazy?), surely they can demand only slim and sado cabin crew can work for them (which is acceptable). Anyway, I believe the cabin crews have been given enough time and warnings to lose weight (I think beginning from the date CM took the helm).

What is their definition of "fat"? Is there any BMI imposed?

Yes, there is a BMI cap. Confirmed by the spies.

Some of my friends who had been flying for more than a decade handed in their staff badge two days ago....

crew that have been sacked in Sept involved with discipline problem - not really agree with this statement.

I do have several friends (but not too close) who seemed like they went through the same ordeal as your friends. But they were not sacked. They resigned. So it could be that your friends resigned too, instead of being terminated. Or there is simply more than what meets the eyes, we never know.

In any case, please don't shoot the messenger. :D

As the saying goes, the company owe you nothing. Salary are paid on time. Hence, walking another mile for it makes no sense after all. Loyalty means nothing at this stage. Its all a business transaction.

Actually it applies to every business, not just MH in such desperate situation.

Actually it applies to every business, not just MH in such desperate situation.

true enough, that's just how the real world work....just look at Arthur Andersen, Lehman Brothers, Enron, went bankrupt everybody loses their job though the directors are probably still rich (Enron excepted)

or GM, poor management, company went bankrupt, millions affected as pensions got wiped off (many were promised lifetime pensions while working)

or Nokia, got sold to Microsoft, thousands laid off while the CEO who orchestrated the sale got compensated handsomely

or the current situation in the oil and gas industry, upper management still earn millions despite losses and low oil price while ordinary workers are being laid off (despite some spending up to 30 years in the company) or being replaced with cheaper options

at the end of the day loyalty is just to yourself not your job! if you're good enough you'll be hired anywhere...

Some of MH's existing code share agreements are coming to an end.

Summary of the attachment:

New Code Share Agreement:

1. MH-EK Global partnership will take effect on 1 February 2016. New destinations for MH: 38 in Europe, 15 in North and South Americas and 38 in the Middle East & Africa region.

Termination of Code Share Agreement:

1. All code share agreements with Royal Brunei Airlines will be terminated on 1 March 2016.

2. All code share agreements with Turkish Airlines will be terminated on 1 March 2016.

Termination of Route:

1. KUL-HKT flight MH798/799 is suspended from 15 March 2016. Leak info from intel suggested that demand to HKT and DPS especially have dropped tremendously since EK and QR fly non-stop to both destinations.

Closure of MH Ticketing Offices:

MAB Ticketing Offices at Alor Setar, Langkawi, Penang, Johor Bahru, Kuala Terengganu, Kuantan, Kuching and Kota Kinabalu will be closed from 1st January 2016.

Travel News - January 2016.pdf

Closure of MH Ticketing Offices:

MAB Ticketing Offices at ..... Kota Kinabalu will be closed from 1st January 2016.

You mean it's gone ..... already ?! :shok:

I think MH should suspend all routes and close all offices. What the hell is happening to them? No one wants to fly them. No feed from Europe or America ... All their flights to regional places will suffer

You mean it's gone ..... already ?! :shok:

The office in Karamunsing complex is gone?? Wow!

The number of "WOWs" I have expressed for MH since 2014 has been phenomenal.

I think MH should suspend all routes and close all offices. What the hell is happening to them? No one wants to fly them. No feed from Europe or America ... All their flights to regional places will suffer

Are you suggesting them to fold the business altogether? Seems like they are cutting everything. Might as well...

Edited by S V Choong

well MAB hired a cost cutter CEO, so all these cuts are expected really...

besides the 2 airlines Mueller helmed were either bankrupt, Sabena due to global downturn (not his fault really but the situation is similar now) or sold, Aer Lingus, reduced to a regional player with limited long haul flights before being sold to IAG (the situation sounds familiar right)

The office in Karamunsing complex is gone?? Wow!

Karamunsing office has been closed for a long time I believe. They move everything to KKIA T1.

I seriously don't think ticketing offices in airports would be closed... how could an airline company brilliant enough to operate lucrative flights to an airport but silly enough to close the ticketing offices in the airport? won't make sense at all.