MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

MAS Privatisation

Yup, many happy memories of hours spent at the SIN MH lounge.. pity the MH staff manning the lounges...some have been with MH for decades! Hope the compensation is good.

The unknown now is what happens to Enrich elite pax travelling on FY...do they get invites into the new generic lounge across the corridor?

Also, what convoluted rules apply for those flying MH-ticketed codeshares operated by SQ, and MI?

If that's true, that's quite a hefty charge considering a day pass cost roughly the same. MH can give you an invitation to Plaza Premium Lounge, but flyers can visit the CX lounges both in BKK and HKG and both are lovely! What if I lounge hop - is it $60 USD per lounge? (AA would be paying a lot for me if that's the case :p)

Believe it is the carrier that is paying not the card issuer. It seems mh charge different rate between airlines.

As one of my colleague informed earlier today, nothing......
expect same livery, same uniform, same callsign for quite sometimes lahhhh

will try to have a look on Wednesday (travelling to East Malaysia) - short haul
and on the following week (long haul)

Edited by affendi osman

As one of my colleague informed earlier today, nothing......

expect same livery, same uniform, same callsign for quite sometimes lahhhh

That may well be it :)

With a shade plus two hours to go before D-day, we haven't even had the slightest of hint here at MW as to what the 'new' creature will bring forth

(apart from the 'we do not need you anymore' notices already served, I suppose)

I doubt you'll see major changes. I was told Mueller wanted 1 September to pass on a low key note.

Just saw on MH's Instagram that CM was handing out teddy bears for the last flight out. So much for being low key haha

Anyone know which would be the last MAS flight to operate under the old/original Air Operators Certificate (AOC)?

Edit: OK, just saw Ashley's post and checked out the Instagram. MH149 KUL-MEL it is. ^_^

Edited by Rashdan Radzi

Anyone know which would be the last MAS flight to operate under the old/original Air Operators Certificate (AOC)?

MH 149 to Melb I presume?

Some lucky chap won a business class ticket on MAB's "new business class seat in 2016" to quote MAS' tweet. I guess this kinda confirms the new seats' entry only in 2016? And seeing that they're already promoting the new seat through this lucky draw, we can probably assume that they'll be revealing it soon enough too.

Edited by Ashley Lee

Despite MH149 being the last scheduled flight, I noticed from Flightradar24 that the last one to physically depart KUL was actually MH123. (Preceding it was MH20 and before it, MH149.)

Bye-bye, MAS!

Just checked in my flight MH4 to LHR. Everything looks normal, doesn't even feel that today marks the beginning of MAB. Really low key! Was told by the check in agent that the flight is overbooked - must be students movement?

Edited by Lim Kar Yong

So MH announced the closure of its lounges in PER and SIN. Very much expected and were in the works.

Heh ? Ticker tape at top of MH's homepage has "Service improvements in our lounges in Singapore and Perth" rolling

:lol:

Heh ? Ticker tape at top of MH's homepage has "Service improvements in our lounges in Singapore and Perth" rolling

:lol:

They are learning from BA. Every time i get an email detailing "enhancements" i'm scared.

I think the service improvement is really the ability to access a lounge at SIN at 245am...(hours during which the old golden lounge would have been closed)..and thats it.

Very difficult for the airline in terms of operations and approvals if the MH/MAS codes are lost...

Quality managment and flight operation certifications are of immediate concern.. My opinion, the new MAB is more akin to a bankruptcy declaration by MAS, however, the retention of corporate debt by the new entity being the major difference.