MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

MAS Privatisation

According to what was posted, that means Sept 1 will be the day to kick start the major changes? Brand revealed, maybe the proposed new designs then over the few months a transformation will take place and hopefully by January 2016 we have something new.

According to what was posted, that means Sept 1 will be the day to kick start the major changes? Brand revealed, maybe the proposed new designs then over the few months a transformation will take place and hopefully by January 2016 we have something new.D

Don't think MC Saatchi team can come up with such grand rebranding in a month. Unless they work day and night for it......

Royal Brunei's rebranding more than a year to plan out. All touch point now are with new branding.

Ala China Eastern doesn't take much time. :D

Don't think MC Saatchi team can come up with such grand rebranding in a month. Unless they work day and night for it......

Royal Brunei's rebranding more than a year to plan out. All touch point now are with new branding.

According to those in the industry, the pitch was settled months ago. MAS was slow in publicising it as it is probably the least of their priorities.

The new agency had more than a month to work on it. Besides, they had already started work on the rebranding in their pitch. So it is just continuing the work after they won the pitch....

on another note...from my recent flight with MH i noticed the cabin crew were in high spirit and all smiles and being "more" attentive than previously.kudos to them and if you cant beat the others with your hardwares at least ensure your service can be a winning factor

on another note...from my recent flight with MH i noticed the cabin crew were in high spirit and all smiles and being "more" attentive than previously.kudos to them and if you cant beat the others with your hardwares at least ensure your service can be a winning factor

Couldn't agree more as no more plus size crew spotted on mh planes these days. Ouchhh

Couldn't agree more as no more plus size crew spotted on mh planes these days. Ouchhh

Does it really matter if the crews are plus sized or old? Given the option of hotties with bad attitude or veterans with good people skills, I'd pick the veterans every single flight.

Does it really matter if the crews are plus sized or old? Given the option of hotties with bad attitude or veterans with good people skills, I'd pick the veterans every single flight.

I choose the one that have good appearance and good personality….

While I prefer to be served by groups of crews with awesome service regardless of size, but I think the new management doesn't.

On the other hand, kesian to those plus size male crew.... They need to button up their waist coat and they look like Disney on Ice figure....

Plus size likely mean senior in age, pay at or near top end of pay scale or on contract and need extra fuel to carry them. Bean counter would have no qualms to terminate them.

A lot of the senior crew on my MH flights over the past few years have been less-than-stellar. They do have the people skills as you mentioned, but more often than not choose not to make use of it. I'll never forget my recent flight to HKG, where the IFS/purser was sleeping (or resting with his eyes closed) on his jump seat. My brief interaction (if you can call it that) was at the door when I boarded. He glanced at my boarding pass and nodded without making eye contact. Not quite the "people skills" one would expect from a senior crew member serving Business.

To be fair, I did have some pleasant encounters with the senior ones, but not quite enough to outweigh the negative encounters.

Point is, the younger "hotties" CAN have equally good people skills, so it boils down to luck :)

Edited by Chris Tan

One Canadian exits, another enter - former Air Canada VP of Marketing Charles D. McKee replaces Dean Dacko as Head of Marketing. Has experience with Dragonair & Virgin Atlantic as well

http://www.therakyatpost.com/business/2015/08/25/air-canada-executive-to-be-mas-marketing-head/

His LinkedIn Profile, if anyone's interested - https://ca.linkedin.com/in/charlesmckee

Edited by Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

So MH announced the closure of its lounges in PER and SIN. Very much expected and were in the works.

So, that just leaves MEL and LHR with lounges, apart from PEN, KUL (3), KCH and BKI (2).

Previously, MH had its own branded lounges in LAX, FRA, JHB, LGK, SYD....anywhere else?

So MH announced the closure of its lounges in PER and SIN. Very much expected and were in the works.

So, that just leaves MEL and LHR with lounges, apart from PEN, KUL (3), KCH and BKI (2).

Previously, MH had its own branded lounges in LAX, FRA, JHB, LGK, SYD....anywhere else?

Not even SYD and CDG?? I think MH should retain the lounges in SYD and MEL, workout with QF to share the OW lounges. Quite surprised there's no lounges in HKG, NRT, SEL? Not even TPE, PVG and PEK?

http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/en/travel_advisory/golden_lounge_perth_and_singapore_cease_operations.html

Not even SYD and CDG?? I think MH should retain the lounges in SYD and MEL, workout with QF to share the OW lounges. Quite surprised there's no lounges in HKG, NRT, SEL? Not even TPE, PVG and PEK?

They don't need to open a lounge everywhere they fly. It won't make sense to maintain their own lounge when they don't have the passengers to justify it.

PEK, CDG and ICN only get one daily flight each. I'm not sure it's wise to spend lots of money on a lounge that'll be open for a few hours a day. Sure, EK does that, but they've never had to worry about money.

TPE gets two measly 737s a day, and HKG already has enough OW lounges to cater for the soon-to-be-all-737 flights. Similarly, NRT has JL, CX, QF and AA lounges that are perfectly capable of catering to the handful of MH passengers.

I'll be more surprised if they don't close the Australian lounges. There are much nicer lounges operated by QF. I don't even bother with the MH lounges when flying ex-Australia, to be honest.

Closing SIN lounge ? Is there an alternative OneWorld lounge in Changi T2 ?

EDIT : sorry just read the MH Travel Advisory. So guests will be able to use the Premier Lounge in Changi T2. Is the lounge closure for renovation or is "Service Improvement" just a nice way to say axed ?

Edited by Timothy

Since we are on lounge; found out MH is charging OW partner US$60 and US$50 for use of F and J class lounge respectively. Hence, some OW airline (e.g. UL) prefer their premium pax to use cheaper third party lounge (e.g. Plaza Premium). Believe MH is doing likewise in HKG, BKK.

Find lounge at KUL is busy during morning and evening. Hardly anyone could consume over US$5 of food during breakfast.

Depending on business model, operating business lounge could be profitable. However, if number of pax is small, it is cheaper to use OW partner or third party lounge.

Edited by KK Lee

Find lounge at KUL is busy during morning and evening. Hardly anyone could consume over US$5 of food during breakfast.

Roughly around RM21.50 (RM4.30 to 1USD) compared to last year RM16 (RM3.20 to 1USD). :D

Roughly around RM21.50 (RM4.30 to 1USD) compared to last year RM16 (RM3.20 to 1USD). :D

Apple for apple comparison only, you tidak kira gee-ass-tee effect ? :p

Edited by BC Tam

Maybe it's time for MH to relocate to T1 in SIN and join most OW partners. The new soon-to-be-opened BA lounge looks spiffy and the QF lounge is fantastic as usual.

http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/en/travel_advisory/golden_lounge_perth_and_singapore_cease_operations.html

CDG T1 OW lounges are abysmal. Even QR uses the same lounge as MH in CDG. There isn't a need for a lounge in CDG when MH only flies there once a day. The ideal situation would be to move to T2 to share the lounge with CX/AA (CX has a decent lounge in CDG).

Why would MH need a lounge in HKG when there are so many excellent CX choices to choose from? For a J/OWS, there's the QF lounge (great food!), CX Wing/Cabin/Bridge/G16 and for OWE, there's the lovely CX Pier/Wing. Same goes for SYD/MEL, the QF lounge is amazing!

Since we are on lounge; found out MH is charging OW partner US$60 and US$50 for use of F and J class lounge respectively. Hence, some OW airline (e.g. UL) prefer their premium pax to use cheaper third party lounge (e.g. Plaza Premium). Believe MH is doing likewise in HKG, BKK.

If that's true, that's quite a hefty charge considering a day pass cost roughly the same. MH can give you an invitation to Plaza Premium Lounge, but flyers can visit the CX lounges both in BKK and HKG and both are lovely! What if I lounge hop - is it $60 USD per lounge? (AA would be paying a lot for me if that's the case :p)

Maybe it's time for MH to relocate to T1 in SIN and join most OW partners. The new soon-to-be-opened BA lounge looks spiffy and the QF lounge is fantastic as usual.

But both lounges only open in the afternoon. Even if MH relocates to T1 they'll have to find a different lounge, which is likely to be either the SATS or Skyview. Edited by Chris Tan

If I'm not wrong, both LHR and MEL lounges will be refurbished soon.

In the SIN Golden Lounge for the last time :(

MAS is dead, long live.................? I suppose we'll have to wait until Tuesday to find out! Am flying to CGK on Tuesday, so lets see.