MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

MAS Privatisation

Not an easy task to rename Malaysia Airlines... Read some suggestions on a.net ... and i was like seriously people??.. Hahaaa

Self-gloaters at work. Too much spare time on hand

I still believe that a simple change to 'Malaysian' will be good enough. Very similar to what SWISS is now.

Lol,

Someone on airliners.net suggested just changing the name to 'berhad' !!

When I was young.... I remember thinking all these "berhad" companies were all lousy. Why would I want limits ? I wanted to progress unlimitedly! I wanted to one day own an unlimited company. "Tidak berhad"! The sky was the limit! Then I found out it referred to liabilities 😝😛

When I was young.... I remember thinking all these "berhad" companies were all lousy. Why would I want limits ? I wanted to progress unlimitedly! I wanted to one day own an unlimited company. "Tidak berhad"! The sky was the limit! Then I found out it referred to liabilities

When you were young, the glass was always half full....

When you were young, the glass was always half full....

Ah yes, those good old days of half full glasses

With the full promised 50%

Nowadays with GST, you're looking at 47% at best :lol:

Does anyone know why MH001 and MH003 is always late the past few weeks despite just leaving about twenty minutes later yet they arrive almost an hour later whereas SQ arrives earlier despite leaving later than scheduled.

Could this be due to the flight path? For example, I will be flying MH 3 on 1 Sept (the first long haul flight for the new airline!). When I bought the ticket, the timing was STD 1010 STA 1620. Then this was updated to STD 0950 and STA 1620 , and a couple of weeks ago, I received another update that the timing is now revised to STD 0950, STA 1630. The flight time is getting longer!

Could this be due to the flight path? For example, I will be flying MH 3 on 1 Sept (the first long haul flight for the new airline!). When I bought the ticket, the timing was STD 1010 STA 1620. Then this was updated to STD 0950 and STA 1620 , and a couple of weeks ago, I received another update that the timing is now revised to STD 0950, STA 1630. The flight time is getting longer!

Yeah perhaps.....it is just strange with the amount of delays on both these flights. The flight path must be a longer one or perhaps more turbulence on the route they are on. :acute:

It is peak summer holiday season in EU now. So it could be due to air traffic control delays at that particular hour of the flight. Mornings are pretty busy for intra Europe holiday flights.

MAB Townhall Team Briefing - All MH Staff according to your department are advise to attend and listen to the "Be A Part of Shaping the New Malaysia Airlines Berhad ",Townhall Briefing by CEO Christoph Mueller, that is on going on this week and next week.

Following are what being said and all the future planing are in the pipe line by Jan 2016 onwards or sooner.

New catering menu in Jan. Current Food onboard need a revamp and change.

Customers products need to be change by Jan onwards.

Golden Lounge need a new look and more friendly user to customers with PED.

New Fresh Look at the Check in counter.

Oboard GCC seats will be change as more

pax prefer a more direct acces to cabin aisle.

Wifi on board prefered by pax will be entertained look into.

On customers survey on why customers dislike our airline due to our products and the "MH370" tragedy image.

Even our own Malaysian prefer to fly other Airlines instead being with us.

Brand change in new logo image by Jan onwards for a fresh look and New Branding.

Aircraft leasing is separated on its own

MAS Academy is separated on its own

Ground handling name will not reflect MAB.

All vendor & suppliers that charge a heavy precentage price or more, will be reelook and negotiate a to a better and reasonable price deals.

Our MH Website Flights Booking, need a change with more friendly user and practical to customers.

To promote tickets price to suits all travellers from Backpakers, Bussiness, Foreign Workers and Holiday Trip Pax.

Recategorise all route with a suitable aircrafts type.

Renegotiate with Malaysia Airport for landing charges /airport charges.

Convert contract staff to permanent if needed and not necessarily in same dept.

Excellent Performance by staff would be recognise and rewarded accordingly.

Zero tolerance for FRAUD on any staff and departments.

All aircrafts for repair in hangar need to be expedite and on time delivery for operations.

All MH Staff on New MAB are advise to be more Respectfull towards one another, Proactive, Courage, Less Bureaucracy in staffs dealing with each other. To promote Accountability and more positive attitude towards building, reshape our New Co MAB inorder to have a solid foundations and achieving its Mission & Vision.

MAB Townhall Team Briefing - All MH Staff according to your department are advise to attend and listen to the "Be A Part of Shaping the New Malaysia Airlines Berhad ",Townhall Briefing by CEO Christoph Mueller, that is on going on this week and next week.

Following are what being said and all the future planing are in the pipe line by Jan 2016 onwards or sooner.

Woah, a lot of information flowing through now.

From my reading, we can only see the changes in term of hard product from Jan 2016 onwards. Much excitement ahead.

1. New catering menu in Jan. Current Food onboard need a revamp and change.- Thank god!!
  2. Onboard GCC seats will be change as more pax prefer a more direct access to cabin aisle.- Yea for J class pax!
  3. On customers survey on why customers dislike our airline due to our products and the "MH370" tragedy image.- Sad but true, bitter pill to shallow.
  4. Brand change in new logo image by Jan onwards for a fresh look and New Branding.- 'nuf said. Get it going MH or whatever new code is!
  5. MAS Academy is separated on its own- Another income generator, MH can look into attracting other airlines to give them business by offering full fledged simulators across different fleet.
  6. Ground handling name will not reflect MAB.- Following SQ 's footsteps. Separation from core service....They should have done this long ago.
  7. All vendor & suppliers that charge a heavy precentage price or more, will be reelook and negotiate a to a better and reasonable price deals.- Hmmm, tough luck for all cronies.
  8. Our MH Website Flights Booking, need a change with more friendly user and practical to customers. They need this long ago!! Pronto!!
  9. To promote tickets price to suits all travellers from Backpakers, Business, Foreign Workers and Holiday Trip Pax.- What I can see from here is different tiers of tickets like those EU airlines. Good for MH to be honest.
  10. Renegotiate with Malaysia Airport for landing charges /airport charges.- Will MAHB stand to lose out after AirAsia drama?
  11. Zero tolerance for FRAUD on any staff and departments. Ermm.......a shot in the dark?? :p

• New Fresh Look at the Check in counter - the airport operations team & MAHB should really look into having automated bag drop counter which will help speed up the check-in flow. It's not new technology, AMS has been using it since 2012
  • Oboard GCC seats will be change as more pax prefer a more direct acces to cabin aisle. - they should also look into Y seating as well. Truth be told I was never enamored of the leather Y seats in the A330 & the A380, and having experienced KLM's slimline Recaro seat recently I'm surprised that it is somewhat comfortable despite the thinness of the cushion (okay, so it was KUL-CGK-KUL and the flight was 1h 45m, but still, I would have been comfortable even on the 12h flight to AMS in that seat. Although to be fair I do see why fabric seats are not really favoured by airlines - on the outbound journey the seat pocket was damaged slightly).
  • Wifi on board prefered by pax will be entertained look into. - but would pax be willing to fork out the fees to use it? On SQ apparently it costs RM 40 for 10MB usage, definitely this is something I'm NOT willing to pay, just for the privilege of Whatsapping family and friends!​ So they really need to consider the pricing. To be honest, I don't mind not having WiFi, but I'd love it if they have live TV.
  • Our MH Website Flights Booking, need a change with more friendly user and practical to customers. - does this mean changing the back-end vendor? Good! That vendor is not really pulling their weight.
  • Renegotiate with Malaysia Airport for landing charges /airport charges. - well if AirAsia can do it, why can't MAS/MAB?

New catering menu in Jan. Current Food onboard need a revamp and change.

Customers products need to be change by Jan onwards.

Golden Lounge need a new look and more friendly user to customers with PED.

New Fresh Look at the Check in counter.

Oboard GCC seats will be change as more

pax prefer a more direct acces to cabin aisle.

Wifi on board prefered by pax will be entertained look into.

On customers survey on why customers dislike our airline due to our products and the "MH370" tragedy image.

Even our own Malaysian prefer to fly other Airlines instead being with us.

Brand change in new logo image by Jan onwards for a fresh look and New Branding.

Aircraft leasing is separated on its own

MAS Academy is separated on its own

Ground handling name will not reflect MAB.

All vendor & suppliers that charge a heavy precentage price or more, will be reelook and negotiate a to a better and reasonable price deals.

Our MH Website Flights Booking, need a change with more friendly user and practical to customers.

To promote tickets price to suits all travellers from Backpakers, Bussiness, Foreign Workers and Holiday Trip Pax.

Recategorise all route with a suitable aircrafts type.

Renegotiate with Malaysia Airport for landing charges /airport charges.

Convert contract staff to permanent if needed and not necessarily in same dept.

Excellent Performance by staff would be recognise and rewarded accordingly.

Zero tolerance for FRAUD on any staff and departments.

All aircrafts for repair in hangar need to be expedite and on time delivery for operations.

All MH Staff on New MAB are advise to be more Respectfull towards one another, Proactive, Courage, Less Bureaucracy in staffs dealing with each other. To promote Accountability and more positive attitude towards building, reshape our New Co MAB inorder to have a solid foundations and achieving its Mission & Vision.

Authentic ah this circular? The grammar like dat... oops guilty as charged.