MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

MAS Privatisation

So what does watery mean?

Is it those water-colour styled image branding that MH had a few years ago?

Anyway, good-riddance to the Philippine-Airlines-esque-swoosh and the gloomy 380 colours....

Most importantly, they should have ONE livery and stick to it, apart from the special/oneworld liveries.

Can be RN - Rosmah Najib.

Btw, hippos usually stay near water.

Is there any possibility that they might change the ground crew's uniform along with the start of the NewCo ? I don't know about you guys but light green suits with dark green pants are just....... :bad:

Edited by Syed Zharif

I hope not too light blue...or else too Garuda-ish...or dark blue...too SIA-ish...hmm...watery...like wavvy-ish???

Maybe they should organise a competition to find a new livery or new uniform design...

Must admit...i will miss the Kebaya...

She will not need to wear a life jacket ... she is her own floatation device. That big hair-do and all the air trapped in between will ensure her head stays above water.

She will not need to wear a life jacket ... she is her own floatation device. That big hair-do and all the air trapped in between will ensure her head stays above water.

My coffee ! Coke! :D .. 'plastic' can float ah?

I hope not too light blue...or else too Garuda-ish...or dark blue...too SIA-ish...hmm...watery...like wavvy-ish???

Maybe they should organise a competition to find a new livery or new uniform design...

Must admit...i will miss the Kebaya...

Too late for contest - these things take time!

I would think that the bunga raya would be quite appropriate for a logo - just like Thai and China Airlines are using flowers for their tail logos. If it has to be something that can fly, the hornbill from Sarawak would be a very strong flying object... :)

Not long to go now - I hope Mwingers are able to gain access to cover the repainting of the MH aircraft....

If it has to be something that can fly, the hornbill from Sarawak would be a very strong flying object... :)

Something that can fly in Malaysia, mmmm...how about the logo of 'RM' ? Coz money in Malaysia can fly too ! :db:

Sorry, can't resist ...... :p

I am rooting for the hornbill ... it is Malaysia's challenger to the toucan of South America. It is huge and majestic ... and importantly, it is a robust flyer.

I hope that CM and his team have made plans to roll out a few planes in the new colours and identity come 1 September ... and perhaps do a flypast over KLIA to show off the brand-new airline.

And while they are at it, I hope that there are plans to quickly sticker the new airline's name onto all existing planes just so that there is not the confusing existence of planes with the Malaysia Airlines title as well as the ones with the title of the new airline.

KC Sim

Too late for contest - these things take time!

I would think that the bunga raya would be quite appropriate for a logo - just like Thai and China Airlines are using flowers for their tail logos. If it has to be something that can fly, the hornbill from Sarawak would be a very strong flying object... :)

Not long to go now - I hope Mwingers are able to gain access to cover the repainting of the MH aircraft....

36160_1125896665.jpg

Those who are on Twitter should be on standby alert with certain hashtags as those boys from the painting hangar will definitely leak the new paint scheme using their account anytime from now.

I wouldn't bet on seeing the new livery anytime soon. They only just announced the appointment of the master brand agency today. The master agency is in charge of the overall branding of the airline.

http://www.marketingmagazine.com.my/index.php/categories/breaking-news/11092-m-c-saatchi-wins-malaysia-airlines

M&C Saatchi ia also responsible for Etihad. Safe to say we can expect the same modern vibe as their refreshed livery?

M&C Saatchi ia also responsible for Etihad. Safe to say we can expect the same modern vibe as their refreshed livery?

Not really. Despite being part of an international agency the quality may vary from country to country.

I'm not enamoured with EY's livery to be honest.

Not really. Despite being part of an international agency the quality may vary from country to country.

I'm not enamoured with EY's livery to be honest.

that geometric livery does not really reflect where the airline is from except for the choice of colour

Malaysia could copy and paste the livery and change the colour palette and it will "go" with Malaysia Airlines

It looks modern generic. Even Tun Razak Exchange's logo uses this geometric design. Safe boring choice

Much I like M&C Staachi work, I won't bet on it too early.

Landor did very well for GA, but horrendous job for MAS A380. So we will just need to wait until 'unveiling' ceremony, be it unofficial or official...:p

Much I like M&C Staachi work, I won't bet on it too early.

Landor did very well for GA, but horrendous job for MAS A380. So we will just need to wait until 'unveiling' ceremony, be it unofficial or official... :p

Just a quote

from Landor justifying the design

"

To work its way back to profitability, Malaysia Airlines unveiled a series of plans, one of which was to utilize the A380 service on the lucrative Kuala Lumpur–London route. Its vision was to imbue the brand with touches of both luxury and Malaysian hospitality. Landor was engaged to develop a positioning and visual identity system to ensure the carrier capitalized on its new asset. Our challenge was to elevate the A380 brand while preserving its unique Malaysian charm.

Landor developed an identity based on the brand’s unmistakable wau bulan (moon kite, one of Malaysia’s national symbols). The wau(traditional Malaysian kite) represents all that the A380 service aspires to be—elegant, beautiful, and truly Malaysian. The red and blue colors of the emblem were replaced with three blue color tones, giving it a more contemporary look and feel. The wau was flipped to allow the new brand to differentiate itself from the rest of the fleet. Other brand applications were also aligned to the new look, ensuring consistency across all touchpoints.

In the face of increasing competition in the South East Asia region, Malaysia Airlines’ A380 service seeks to capitalize on its unique heritage, setting itself apart from competitors and capture a slice of this lucrative market."

Just a quote

from Landor justifying the design

"To work its way back to profitability, Malaysia Airlines unveiled a series of plans, one of which was to utilize the A380 service on the lucrative Kuala Lumpur–London route. Its vision was to imbue the brand with touches of both luxury and Malaysian hospitality. Landor was engaged to develop a positioning and visual identity system to ensure the carrier capitalized on its new asset. Our challenge was to elevate the A380 brand while preserving its unique Malaysian charm.

Landor developed an identity based on the brand’s unmistakable wau bulan (moon kite, one of Malaysia’s national symbols). The wau(traditional Malaysian kite) represents all that the A380 service aspires to be—elegant, beautiful, and truly Malaysian. The red and blue colors of the emblem were replaced with three blue color tones, giving it a more contemporary look and feel. The wau was flipped to allow the new brand to differentiate itself from the rest of the fleet. Other brand applications were also aligned to the new look, ensuring consistency across all touchpoints.

In the face of increasing competition in the South East Asia region, Malaysia Airlines’ A380 service seeks to capitalize on its unique heritage, setting itself apart from competitors and capture a slice of this lucrative market."

Very wise for Landor to actually include such positive outlook and description, however we all know how it turns out in reality......

Less than three years later, Malaysia Airlines declared bankruptcy and put on emergency life support.

First A380 flight= 01/JUL/2012

Declared bankruptcy= 01/MAY/2015

"...Ensuring consistency across all touchpoints".....

I am not going to open that can of worms again!!

Edited by JuliusWong

I think the new airline name should simply be 'Malaysian'. It's simple and easy to advertise. I think it's also quite catchy.