MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

MAS Privatisation

In any case, Americans can't fly MH from the US to BKI after LAX was dropped. The only (practical) way would be via HKG or ICN.

via SIN may be an option too; but if keyword 'practical' is applied, then maybe it's not too viable considering the near inhumane layovers involved :)

And if time, cost and convenience are non-issues, maybe you can also throw in TPE, MNL and PVG into the equation as well :)

On the secondment, per the spies at the MH Rumour Department, they are trying to retain those who are good looking and in good body shape first before anyone else.

In addition to health checks? :)

I can see that passengers from North America are find it very convenient to travel to BKI with only a one-stop flights mostly from either HKG or ICN.

Asiana Airlines flies many passengers from the USA and Russia to BKI on OZ757. I also noticed there are many white passengers on Silkair's flight between SIN-BKI. While on the Dragonair afternoon flight on Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday where most of the North America bound passengers are taking, majority of them seem to be mostly Sabahans with residency status in either USA or Canada.

Good thing Masidi Manjun re-strategise Sabah Tourism by focusing more on North American market now, and not overdependent on Mainland Chinese.

Speaking of the Mainland Chinese, many of them are starting to come to Sabah again. With MAS out of the picture soon (BKI-HKG), hopefully KA will once again sending their 333 to BKI on a regular basis. KA used to send their 333 to BKI every school holidays but not since MAS increased the flight frequency to daily a few years back.

13 B777 for five destinations (JED, CDG, AKL, AMS and PEK) seems to a waste though.

From airlineroute.net MAB will operate B772 to Guangzhou CAN starting 010915, instead of A333.

You forget the red one also does the route ? :)

I suppose KCH will lose HKG linkage now, I wonder if KA or AK will seize he opportunity

All the same, sad to see MH having to abandon BKI-HKG after all these years

Oh dear oh dear. I just checked my HKG-KCH-KCH booking, all flights are now routed via KL... What a shame. To be honest I took the flight a couple of times, hardly anyone goes to/from KCH anyway....but why also cancel BKI...

Malaysia Airlines Guangzhou Aircraft Changes from Sep 2015

by JL

Share on Facebook 0 Tweet about this on Twitter 4 Share on LinkedIn 0 Share on Google+ 0 Share on Reddit 0 Email this to someone

Update at 0520GMT 17JUL15

Malaysia Airlines from 01SEP15 is adjusting operational aircraft on Kuala Lumpur Guangzhou route, where it plans to operate Boeing 777-200ER aircraft, instead of Airbus A330-300. The airline will be operating this route once a day (reduces from 2 to 1 daily from 15AUG15).

MH376 KUL0935 1335CAN 772 D

MH377 CAN1440 1835KUL 772 D

http://airlineroute.net/2015/07/17/mh-can-sep15/

Malaysia Airlines Plans Extra Sydney / Melbourne Flights in Dec 2015

by JL

Share on Facebook 0 Tweet about this on Twitter 6 Share on LinkedIn 0 Share on Google+ 0 Share on Reddit 0 Email this to someone

Update at 0500GMT 17JUL15

Malaysia Airlines during the month of December 2015 is operating supplementary flights to Australia, namely Kuala Lumpur Melbourne and Kuala Lumpur Sydney. Airbus A330-300 will be operating these service on following dates.

Kuala Lumpur Melbourne

MH147 KUL2025 0710+1MEL 333 04DEC15 / 18DEC15 / 19DEC15

MH146 MEL0855 1355KUL 333 05DEC15 / 19DEC15 / 20DEC15

Kuala Lumpur Sydney

MH143 KUL1925 0640+1SYD 333 04DEC15 / 07DEC15 / 08DEC15 / 17DEC15 / 18DEC15

MH142 SYD0850 1415KUL 333 05DEC15 / 08DEC15 / 09DEC15 / 18DEC15 / 19DEC15

On the secondment, per the spies at the MH Rumour Department, they are trying to retain those who are good looking and in good body shape first before anyone else.

Good grief! If this is true then it's simply unethical. One could understand if this is for cabin crew, but tech crew? Outrageous.

Hope it stays a rumour.

Just a quick check on MAS website and they are changing the schedules for BKI-SDK sector as well. The early morning flight MH 2042 has been re-timed to departing BKI at 1050am (instead of 745am). Those from Sandakan that wish to transit to Silkair or Dragonair flight will be forced to take the red one i guess.

However, it also shows that MH2046 to depart BKI at 1615, while MH2047 to depart SDK at 1400. I suppose it is a error of some sort?

CK

Good grief! If this is true then it's simply unethical. One could understand if this is for cabin crew, but tech crew? Outrageous.

Hope it stays a rumour.

I understand your sentiment but looking of many of MH crew recently, I have to say that they have to do something about the "fitness" level of some of the crew. I think its now about the look but the appearance that matters. Crew need to be fit regardless of cabin or tech.

I understand your sentiment but looking of many of MH crew recently, I have to say that they have to do something about the "fitness" level of some of the crew. I think its now about the look but the appearance that matters. Crew need to be fit regardless of cabin or tech.

How do you know that MH crew members are not fit?

Dissappointed to see MAS will terminate the existing 2 daily Boeing service between KCH and SBW after more than 20 years in service, since the opening of existing SBW airport in 1994. We used to have 3-4 Boeing flights between the KCH and SBW everyday, plus more F50/ ATR service. I hope AK can increase its KCH/SBW service.

I understand your sentiment but looking of many of MH crew recently, I have to say that they have to do something about the "fitness" level of some of the crew. I think its now about the look but the appearance that matters. Crew need to be fit regardless of cabin or tech

Facepalm....

Hope it stays a rumour.

No...it is not rumors...

As if the morale of the crew is not battered enough. If I am one of them I'd just leave straightaway.

That is what a lot of them are planning to do. I heard from a friend that more than 100 pilots will be joining SV once they completed their medical and serving the 3 months notice to newco. Others will be joining mainly Korean, EK, EY and QR.

As if the morale of the crew is not battered enough. If I am one of them I'd just leave straightaway.

The cynic in me thinks that this is EXACTLY what the management wants. They leave, tender their resignation, no severance pay needed.

Good luck with being the slave of the Saudis. Been there, done that. If my sponsor offers me SAR 1,000,000 to return, I will still say, thank you very much but sorry, not interested.

I guess customer confidence towards the tech crew went down after the accidents, especially MH370.

Yes, it is imperative that the cause of MH370's disappearance is professionally investigated and reported transparently. Otherwise, no one will trust MH anymore because the circumstances leading to MH370's "accident" may surface again in the future, with similar consequences. The first step towards increasing and restoring customer confidence is to solve the case.

Good luck with being the slave of the Saudis. Been there, done that. If my sponsor offers me SAR 1,000,000 to return, I will still say, thank you very much but sorry, not interested.

Same here MAR......Good Lord working with them!!.....

How about 2 million riyals ? Ok ka ? 😛

Dissappointed to see MAS will terminate the existing 2 daily Boeing service between KCH and SBW after more than 20 years in service, since the opening of existing SBW airport in 1994. We used to have 3-4 Boeing flights between the KCH and SBW everyday, plus more F50/ ATR service. I hope AK can increase its KCH/SBW service.

sad to see that too. BTU also axed their boeing service too. that just giving AK chance to escalate the price... used to travel on AK during school holidays... 40% load but selling return ticket like RM300 for return flight

sad to see that too. BTU also axed their boeing service too. that just giving AK chance to escalate the price... used to travel on AK during school holidays... 40% load but selling return ticket like RM300 for return flight

Thought MASwings is still there?