MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

MAS Privatisation

The KUL lounges were only recently done up no ? More money down the drain ?

This refurbishment exercise to project new branding I suppose

The last two refurbishments were hardly impressive. Hopefully they get it right this time and be done with it.

MAS to stop flying to three more cities
http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/malaysia/article/mas-to-stop-flying-to-three-more-cities

Malaysia Airlines (MAS) will stop flying to three Asian cities in the coming weeks as part of its rationalisation exercise, The Star reported today.

The English daily said the cancelled routes were to Kunming in China, Krabi (Thailand) and Cochin (India). This follows the national carrier's move to suspend flights to Frankfurt, Germany, last week.

Do we know of this already ?

But it was first reported in MalaysianWings on 17 March 2015.

We (or rather I) are always first, the best, number one. Tip top!

MH Route Cut begins.

The following cut has been exposed exclusively to MalaysianWings by my spy at the MH Rumour Department:

Last MH flight to:

Kunming - 29 April

Krabi - 4 May

Kochi - 1 June

More to come. Welcome to the new MH.

Sad that commoners are only being told about it through normal channel 3 months later.

Eyhh the route cut has been picked up by mass media long ago.

Malaysian Insider tertinggal kapal...

AirAsia Bhd is looking for possible areas in which to collaborate with Malaysia Airlines (MAS) in response to a statement yesterday by new chief executive officer (CEO) Christoph Mueller to seek collaboration with the low-cost carrier and other potential partners.

AirAsia Group CEO Tan Sri Tony Fernandes said the companies had already entered into discussions but negotiations were still in the early stages.

"In reducing the cost, it would be a great thing if the two of us can make a regional power house in maintenance, repair, overhaul (MRO)... that's great and make sense...

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/malaysia/article/we-may-collaborate-with-mas-says-airasia-boss

AirAsia Bhd is looking for possible areas in which to collaborate with Malaysia Airlines (MAS) in response to a statement yesterday by new chief executive officer (CEO) Christoph Mueller to seek collaboration with the low-cost carrier and other potential partners.

AirAsia Group CEO Tan Sri Tony Fernandes said the companies had already entered into discussions but negotiations were still in the early stages.

"In reducing the cost, it would be a great thing if the two of us can make a regional power house in maintenance, repair, overhaul (MRO)... that's great and make sense...

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/malaysia/article/we-may-collaborate-with-mas-says-airasia-boss

NO! HELL NO! Haven't they've learnt their lesson from the last swap?! AirAsia came out smelling like roses with MH's HND slot & SYD capacity whereas in addition to that MH had to fork out money to sponsor's Tony's relegation champions!

Price fixing is certainly not on agenda. Edited by KK Lee

When I first saw this story my first instict was bloody hell no

But on reading the article it does make a modicum of sense common sourcing and maitiance could result in some decent cost saving. It's not a bad idea (spending 6 bill on MAS however still is)

Edited by Gavin Andrew David
Post was found to be offensive with the word ' rape '

They are just talking about MRO...

TF said that Airasia are in discussions about possible collaboration in NON-COMPETITIVE areas like ground handling, MRO and other units where it makes sense and any deal must be a win-win situation for both parties. The aim is to lower costs due to greater economies of scale.

He also said that before anything is finalised, lawyers will make sure that they do not breach the Competition Act. They don't want to be fined again! ;)

Wow.. I didn't know MAS ended their Frankfurt service. I order stuff from eBay german & using their DHL economy service- I see on the box label- MH5 via KL to BWN. I guess for now shipping time would take longer I think.

Well, I'm sure they can use LH's non stop service from FRA to KUL instead...

I noticed that the LH service will revert back to 5 weekly 343 service instead of 744 for the winter. But now that MH is cancelling FRA, things may change yet again... We shall see

It will be good if MH can collaborate wit AK on baggage/ground handling and MRO. For ground handling AK costs would be lower than MH in terms of manpower costs but on aircraft MRO it will be limited to the A330s only as for the smaller narrow body aircrafts MH uses the 738s whilst AK uses the A320s.

I am kind of disagree with the collaboration in the Ground Handling. What's the need for it because MH is at MTB while AK is at klia2.

MH is better off with its own subsidiary under CM's term to take care of its own ground handling matters.

Unless MH is fine in using AK's staff in AK's uniform to take care of its passengers in MTB during check in and boarding.

I am a bit concerned now with the property matter.

Earlier on, CM said that MH has a few properties with very potential prospect (read: its massive land in Subang at the current HQ) and that the best plan is for MH to develop this land for recurring income, rather than seeling it outright for 1 off return. What I have in mind is that MH will have its own property division and develop its Subang land with a JV partner and turn it into something like Kampung Abdullah Hukum next to Midvalley.

Then recently the news are reportting that MH will sell all its properties because it is a non core asset and will just make do with properties that it will use (its new HQ in KLIA).

Evidently, a political interefence has happened and even CM could not do something about it. My god Malaysia is so corrupt!!!

I am going to bring this matter to Rafizi to be digged further just like the NAB case earlier.

I am kind of disagree with the collaboration in the Ground Handling. What's the need for it because MH is at MTB while AK is at klia2.

MH is better off with its own subsidiary under CM's term to take care of its own ground handling matters.

Unless MH is fine in using AK's staff in AK's uniform to take care of its passengers in MTB during check in and boarding.

I am a bit concerned now with the property matter.

Earlier on, CM said that MH has a few properties with very potential prospect (read: its massive land in Subang at the current HQ) and that the best plan is for MH to develop this land for recurring income, rather than seeling it outright for 1 off return. What I have in mind is that MH will have its own property division and develop its Subang land with a JV partner and turn it into something like Kampung Abdullah Hukum next to Midvalley.

Then recently the news are reportting that MH will sell all its properties because it is a non core asset and will just make do with properties that it will use (its new HQ in KLIA).

Evidently, a political interefence has happened and even CM could not do something about it. My god Malaysia is so corrupt!!!

I am going to bring this matter to Rafizi to be digged further just like the NAB case earlier.

Malaysia is corrupt from the top right down to the ground level - corruption exists in different levels. From what I remembered as a kid in Malaysia, I think on the general public's level, corruption is not that obvious anymore, although politically and business level, I heard, it is still corrupt.

Even Hong Kong's MTR isn't involved in transporting pax. through subways alone. MTR is one of the major land and property owners in Hong Kong.

Even Hong Kong's MTR isn't involved in transporting pax. through subways alone. MTR is one of the major land and property owners in Hong Kong.

Kl MRT will be one of the largest if not the largest property landlord in kl.

If new mas have a large property portfolio, political interference will be endless.

Edited by KK Lee

If new mas have a large property portfolio, political interference will be endless.

On an optimistic perspective, maybe CM-The Terminator can charm his way round the cocktail of 'interested parties' ? Then with newMAS emerging strong on back of its property portfolio ? And flight operations with all the associated headaches being relegated to non-core business status ?! :)

On an optimistic perspective, maybe CM-The Terminator can charm his way round the cocktail of 'interested parties' ? Then with newMAS emerging strong on back of its property portfolio ? And flight operations with all the associated headaches being relegated to non-core business status ?! :)

1MDB Airlines :-/