MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

MAS Privatisation

What's the other name they can come up with? Hopefully not another Sapphire or Rayaniair. Maybe they should update 777 livery as well to match either A380 or A330.

I hope Russia paid us enough of compensation for MAS's loss and tragedy.

Have they admitted that it was their missile that brought down MAS' 9M-MRD?

May be they will re-use the name "Malaysian Airline System" again? :pardon:

Edited by S V Choong

Have they admitted that it was their missile that brought down MAS' 9M-MRD?

May be they will re-use the name "Malaysian Airline System" again? :pardon:

It's quite complicated. This may trigger a war, but i doubt it. Though EU and AU are very firm that Russia will not shrug off his accountability for this incident.

I tend to favour a brand new livery and a change of colours. Perhaps the yellow and black of Malayan Airways can be pressed back into service. Airline can perhaps be rebranded as Royal Malaysian Airways?

Edited by flee

I tend to favour a brand new livery and a change of colours. Perhaps the yellow and black of Malayan Airways can be pressed back into service. Airline can perhaps be rebranded as Royal Malaysian Airways?

Refurbish an airline not only depends on the name, indeed, changing the name will only put more cost on repainting, new uniform n etc. but anyway, i attracted toRoyal Malaysian Airways(RMA)

D7 is not a profitable entity on its own. I doubt its acquisition of MH will turn its fortune. The only way it could work is for MH to offer the same product and prices as D7, which mean MH will become a low cost carrier or a hybrid like OD to the most extreme extent.

The share swap in 2012, which can be described as a pre merger, was a total disaster, more evident on MH's side. I wonder why they even wanting to revisit such an episode.

Re the name change, my bet would be "MAS". Possible black and yellow Malayan Airways/MSA colours to make a comeback. The same scenario with Swissair to Swiss International Air Lines in the wake of Swissair Flight 111 tragedy.

Re the name change, my bet would be "MAS". Possible black and yellow Malayan Airways/MSA colours to make a comeback. The same scenario with Swissair to Swiss International Air Lines in the wake of Swissair Flight 111 tragedy.

IIRC it wasn't a name change. Swissair went bust, then SWISS was started as a completely new airline.

With two major incidents within a short period under the belt, the brand name is toxic. Restructuring without name change is a waste of effort.

I vote for MAS or Malaysia Airline Systems. They spent a lot of money on A380 livery, why don't just adopt that colour?

IIRC they started with Malaysia Airline Systems before and change to Malaysia Airlines. Sounds rather dated if they continue/re-use the word "System". Most newer airlines uses the word "AIR" somewhere in their names. That's the "in" thing now.

Personally i do not see a need to change its name. In case you hadn't noticed, major news broadcasters such as CNN, BBC World etc. are referring MH17 as Malaysia flight 17. When people hear or see the word Malaysia, people will always link it back to Malaysia Airlines and to change its name to Air Malaysia or Malaysia Airways will not make any material difference, not unless they are willing to drop the name Malaysia altogether.

I vote for MAS or Malaysia Airline Systems. They spent a lot of money on A380 livery, why don't just adopt that colour?

How about a red version like the one that was originally proposed for the Sapphire spinoff? Would look good with that multi-hued red stripes at the back.

Its hard to change the airline name when it is the national carrier of the country. MAS can still be used, but a change of livery is due including the Wau's colors if it decided to retain the country's synonymous symbol.

But meanwhile, MAS need to set its damage control team at full speed now. It need to repair its image. Instead of reeling back into our comfortable abbot, it should announces a strings of strategies, including proposals to upgrade its fleet (entirely), retires its aged jets, and putting more routes on its flying map. It should show confidence and is over the "mourning" period now. It is time to start working with renewed ideas and appearance.

MAS cannot hold back and see what is going to happen. It should instead spend and move forward if it still wants to be relevant in this industry.

The Government and oppositions should stand united on this, and agrees to the revamp, and to agree also not to meddle too much in its operations.

Political differences should be aside now. Its time to be united to save MAS and the country's tattered image.

Maybe they should retire the entire fleet of 772 quickly. Two cases involving 772 don't go well with the public.

Most if not all Malaysians support extensive revamp of mh. However, given dismay track record with cronies and recent proton request for rm1.7bn grant, there is no guarantee that history won't repeat itself.

AK has proved private enterprise perform better than glc internationally. May be the gomen should tender out 3 aoc to private companies with intention to permit the strongest to merge/take over the weaker in the future.

...... there is no guarantee that history won't repeat itself.

In the case of MH and you judge by historical trends, it's a very safe bet that history will repeat itself :)

Most if not all Malaysians support extensive revamp of mh. However, given dismay track record with cronies and recent proton request for rm1.7bn grant, there is no guarantee that history won't repeat itself.

AK has proved private enterprise perform better than glc internationally. May be the gomen should tender out 3 aoc to private companies with intention to permit the strongest to merge/take over the weaker in the future.

On this situation, I would rather spend the monies on MAS. The national car maker is beyond help when it insisted on doing it alone. Its products are only good domestically and with a freer (almost) automotive market, it will not stand a chance against the more renowned Japanese and Korean makes.

Its already in the red sea.

MAS' s revamp will have a bigger impact to the country in terms of foreign investors' confident, and foreign exchange via influx of tourist. It will have significant positive impact to the country than the national car maker.

Let's have a MAS open day soon to build back confidence and morale into its workforce as soon as it is decided that the mourning is over.

Let the public show their appreciation to MAS and likewise MAS staffs to their customers and Malaysians in general.

Edited by Cire

Maybe they should retire the entire fleet of 772 quickly. Two cases involving 772 don't go well with the public.

The general public don't care much, if at all, about the aircraft type. What scares them away is the name "malaysia airlines", not 772.

On this situation, I would rather spend the monies on MAS. The national car maker is beyond help when it insisted on doing it alone. Its products are only good domestically and with a freer (almost) automotive market, it will not stand a chance against the more renowned Japanese and Korean makes.

Its already in the red sea.

MAS' s revamp will have a bigger impact to the country in terms of foreign investors' confident, and foreign exchange via influx of tourist. It will have significant positive impact to the country than the national car maker.

Let's have a MAS open day soon to build back confidence and morale into its workforce as soon as it is decided that the mourning is over.

Let the public show their appreciation to MAS and likewise MAS staffs to their customers and Malaysians in general.

Believe current mh freefloat in the market is marginal and few if any foreign institution hold significant mh shares.

If bringing tourist is mh priority, it will be more cost effective to become a holiday charter. Alternatively, tourist can choose from multiple daily service by ek, ey, qr, tg, cx and ak from almost anywhere.

Over 3/4 of ek, ey and qr pax are on transit. Believe mh need to model after them if to compete with them.

The public may appreciate mh but does mh appreciate pax?

The general public don't care much, if at all, about the aircraft type. What scares them away is the name "malaysia airlines", not 772.

and the moniker MH. MH17, MH370, MH...