MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

MAS Privatisation

Err what has happened to Proton after kicking out Mitsubishi?

well, nothing unusual...just rolled out another odd looking car with sky-high promises of luxuriness and refinements.. Other than that, nothing much.

MAS Needs To Boost Professionalism In Management Not Privatisation
"We do not need foreigners because we have the local talent. The foreigners do not understand the local situation and this why I never recruited them," he said.

Most MH management started from rank and file, many were promoted for who they know, how many of these (exclude tech crew) were head hunted by foreign airline for their talent in the last 15 years?

I know it is a rumour, but, could it be true?

Word on the street, or on the apron for that matter, is, "MAS is targeted by several entities for take over. Lock stock and barrel" "Government is not unwilling".

As i said, grapevine stuff but, you know, when there is smoke, there usually is a fire?

My ear is on the floor.

Cheers

Art

I think whoever's thinking of taking over MAS now is either too filthy rich and don't know what to do with their money, or haven't done enough homework yet.

Rumour in the street about Proton being offered for sale by DRB Hicom are also circulating. Looks like the cronies are short of cash and need suckers to buy bankrupt companies.

Edited by flee

@ fllee and Allbert.

Lets stick to the core of things. If MAS is going to be taken over, it can be two ways.

1. A croney company takes it, get "dedicated funding" to make it work and all will repeat history adfundum.

2. A serious bidder takes it and clean house. They can as they have the majority. Remember, take over means, privatising.No more government.

Cheers

Art

@ fllee and Allbert.

Lets stick to the core of things. If MAS is going to be taken over, it can be two ways.

1. A croney company takes it, get "dedicated funding" to make it work and all will repeat history adfundum.

2. A serious bidder takes it and clean house. They can as they have the majority. Remember, take over means, privatising.No more government.

Cheers

Art

And where is this "dedicated funding" gonna come from? I believe our good government is close to bankruptcy themselves.

The last privatisation didn't go well too. TR......enough said.

All we need is, be it public or private, a sound management team that is capable and forward thinking. Aggressive yet doesn't lost touch of ground. Knowledgeable and take responsibility.

AND most importantly,

HAVE THE BALL TO SAY 'NO' to GOVERNMENT INTERFERENCE.

Mr 019 episode to be repeated. This time, the likely candidate is the favourite arab prince.

Edited by KK Lee

Hahaha, the 'Arab' prince who owns most of Malaysia... Probably as a proxy on behalf of government cronies. U guys are right, another Mr 019 in the making. In Malaysia, we never learn from history.

In Malaysia, we never learn from history.

Edu ministry taking a step in right direction here, sejarah to be made compulsory pass subject, you not heard ?! :lol:

Edu ministry taking a step in right direction here, sejarah to be made compulsory pass subject, you not heard ?! :lol:

OT - So we have been colonized by the British before or not?

Edited by Waiping

They got no guts to do a Japan Airlines turnaround plan... Too much loss of face. :(

And look what is happening now, while legacy airlines like TG, QF and MH are bleeding, post restructured JL is making money!