MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
zeqa

RBA fleet infomation

"We are bringing in this new aircraft some time in September. Sabah and Sarawak will be among the first to be included in our introductory programme"

Sarawak?! I wonder which city would that be? As far as I know BI currently does not fly to any destination in Sarawak...

Please tell me that one of those code share flights between BWN-KCH operated by Maswings will be replaced by BI's 787 on certain days? :D

1st Royal Brunei 787 flying home Sept

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Flag carrier books 5 Dreamliners to serve regional routes

FLAG carrier Royal Brunei Airlines (RB) is set to acquire the first of the five Boeing 787 Dreamliners it had booked in late September, the airline's representative said yesterday.

The arrival of the aircraft in Brunei will signify the completion of the airline's rebranding process which began last year, said Azhani Daniel, RBhead of Corporate Communications, during a media briefing at the Boeing Customer Experience Centre in Renton, Washington.

Azhani said that RB would be the first airline in Southeast Asia to deploy the 787 Dreamliners once the aircraft enters into service.

She also reiterated that the new planes will initially be used to service regional routes, and will later ply long haul routes, which include Melbourne, Dubai and London.

It was initially reported that the Dreamliner would replace the current B777 aircraft on the daily Bandar Seri Begawan-London route via Dubai by December 1.

Touted as the American aerospace company's most fuel-efficient aircraft, the twin-engine Dreamliner is the first mid-sized commercialplane capable of flying long-range routes.

The airline's acquisition of the fleet ties in with the flag carrier's initiative to reposition itself as a "boutique" airline, Azhani said, adding that the company aims to put Brunei on the map through the "marriage of groundbreaking innovations of the first dedicated Dreamliner long haul services and a long-term commitment to high class customer service".

"Whether for business or pleasure, travellers can be assured the timeless values of hospitality and grace remain strong in our Southeast Asian paradise," she added.

Azhani led an entourage of local journalists and bloggers this week to witness two of RB's 787 aircraft being assembled at Boeing's Everett factory in the US.

RB officials earlier said the flag carrier was eyeing new routes in Southeast Asia, other parts of Australia, Middle Asia, and "probably India", among other markets.

The first of the Dreamliners, which is designed to seat 210 to 290 passengers, was earlier expected to arrive in August, but the target date of delivery was pushed to October before the airline announced the late September target.

The aircraft has been riddled with safety issues, ranging from battery troubles that led to the grounding of the Dreamliners already in operation last January, to a fuel pump indicator malfunction and an onboard fire recently.

The company has since addressed the battery issues, leading flight authorities to allow airlines to resume their Dreamliner flights.

Royal Brunei told The Brunei Times earlier that it was undeterred by the issues hounding the plane, and that it had been getting regular updates on the technical issues.

"We remain confident that Boeing's internal analysis and monitoring process will identify and resolve such issues prior to our first expected B787 Dreamliner delivery," the company said in a statement. "RB would like to reassure all our passengers that the safety of our operations is and will remain at all times the main focus of our attention."

Royal Brunei's refleeting programme also includes the replacement of its A320s and A319s.

A report from the market intelligence service Centre for Aviation website revealed that the company had issued a request for information to Airbus, Boeing, Bombardier and Embraer for aircraft that would be delivered starting late 2015.

The carrier currently operates a fleet of four A320s and two A319s, all of which have leases expiring in the final quarter of 2015 or the first quarter of 2016, said the online report. It added that RB was considering replacing the six aircraft with the Airbus A319/A320neo, Boeing 737 MAX, Bombardier CSeriesor Embraer E190. The Brunei Times

I think the owner of the instagram got it wrong, All the five B787 are owned by LCAL Leasing company. Royal Brunei is in no financial position to buy the B787.

I think the owner of the instagram got it wrong, All the five B787 are owned by LCAL Leasing company. Royal Brunei is in no financial position to buy the B787.

They are Brunei journalist invited by RBA & Boeing to see the BI 787.

According to the Muhibah magazine new A320 leased from AWaS is expected to come to service sept/oct.anyone experienced it?

Not yet delivered.

Two aircraft are allocated:

V8-RBW MSN 6771

V8-RBX MSN 6816

Both will be equipped with sharklets.

Not yet delivered.

Two aircraft are allocated:

V8-RBW MSN 6771

V8-RBX MSN 6816

Both will be equipped with sharklets.

It seems V8-RBW MSN 6771 has been delivered and now on it's way to BWN from Hamburg.

V8-RBW has been delivered on 26/SEPT/2015.

https://www.facebook.com/royalbruneiairlines/photos/a.173154097920.120425.163785187920/10153218155497921/?type=3&theater

It was low profile event, only staff attended. Scheduled to enter service mid-Oct when the last A319-132 is withdrawn from service.

No tentative first flight schedule yet.

V8-RBX is now delivered.

Airbus A320 -232 6816 V8-RBX Royal Brunei delivery 18-19nov15 XFW-DWC-DMK-BWN ex F-WWBJ

By the way, previously rumoured A319-132 V8-RBP to be retired is back in service

Some new features of RB A320ceo

1.USB port below the seat (didn't know this until I saw an Instagram posting)

2. Impian wireless entertainment which can be streamed to your own device ( not a lot of selections for music,quite adequate for movies and TV show for short regional flight)

3. Preferred seats - 1st few rows of economy class are blocked as preferred seat and separated by a curtain divider

The first 3 rows in Y are like a mini cabin on its own and can be prebooked by paying a small fee. Then it becomes a nuisance to get a refund if the older 320s is then scheduled to operate the route.

Generally there is a feeling of greater legroom in those rows.

The new biz seats in the CEO aircraft is hard, and has less legroom than the older aircraft. In fact, the last row in biz only has a flimsy curtain divider to separate it from Y row right behind.

Saw a RB787 parked at the far end of the taxiway next to Runway 16 at MEL airport this morning, with a stair truck attached to it. Wonder what was it doing there ? Some emergency procedure ?

Edited by Kee Hooi Yen

MEL remote parking.. Other remote stands along taxiway A and T are heavily occupied also.. The international terminal is heavily occupied in the morning, most aircraft on extended layovers are towed to remote bays. For SQ, this is SQ227 (B77W/A388).. All other SQ flights apart from SQ217 turnaround within 1.5hrs.. So remain at the gate.. But we cannot plan to arrive too early, else have to wait for an available gate..

Just to emphasise, pax do not deplane remotely.. The aircraft is towed away from the terminal once all servicing is complete post-flight and is later towed back to a terminal stand pre-flight

Edited by Sandeep G

Thanks for the explanation, Sandeep. Now this is one real remote parking ... :)

Here is the photo I have captured. Sorry for the poor quality

Mr. Kee, I believe you are referring to the BI 787 parked at the little cul-de-sac or turning circle at the taxiway near Runway 16 at MEL/YMML.

I have seen planes parked there before at MEL.

So we finally get EK 388 for EK406/407 onward to AKL/NZAA?

Edited by S V Choong

I think yes, that was the spot I mentioned about (circled in the image below)

MEL%20Airport_zpsw7belead.jpg

I saw two EK A388 at MEL yesterday morning, one was EK406 from DXB with onward flight to AKL and another one was EK404 from DXB/SIN.

Sorry for OT.

Sign in to follow this