MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
flee

Resumption of MAS's Previously Axed Routes, Launch of New Routes + Wishlist

Guys, do you think BKI-NRT on the B738 will work?

It really depends on the flight timings.

Right now, D7's KUL-HND timing sucks. It arrives in HND at 11 pm - public transport shuts down soon afterwards. So if the flight is late, you will have to take a taxi downtown or sleep at the airport till morning. For BKI-NRT to work, it should not be a night flight as NRT also has its own curfew hours.

HND could be better, but it was practically stolen from MH.

Captain Radzi,

You been rostered on BKI-NRT already ?! :)

No, just pondering.

No such sectors yet.

No, just pondering.

No such sectors yet.

Come on, Capt! Make my day! :D

Moscow has been mentioned 4 times in this thread in earlier pages.

With the new development regarding the Malaysia-Russia visa arrangement and now that MH is in oneworld, Moscow should be really up there in the radar.

There are published fares to DRW, COK and DXB. If you can't book through the mobile app for some reasons, you can always book via expedia's website.

Hi all, I am not sure if this has been posted before but I was just checking fares on KUL-LAX in February 2014 and it says not available on many dates and no options for other flights. Could this be the end of LAX? Any news from the MH insiders?

Hi all, I am not sure if this has been posted before but I was just checking fares on KUL-LAX in February 2014 and it says not available on many dates and no options for other flights. Could this be the end of LAX? Any news from the MH insiders?

I still managed to find the flights for June 2014 though...

Wow! looks like NRT exchanged with KIX ...MH80/81 is back...

My guess is using the b738. Miss the old days when they use the B777 for MH56 and MH80/81 via BKI and transit back to KUL and deboard at Satelite Terminal

Wow! looks like NRT exchanged with KIX ...MH80/81 is back...

Though the ETD/ETA is different for each day. Will customers find that flexible?

Though the ETD/ETA is different for each day. Will customers find that flexible?

My guess is MH has to make do with whatever slot that is available at NRT :)

Furthermore, I'm also guessing the major category of pax that fly BKI-NRT vv are not the ones who are too fussy about flight timings, more price sensitive I think

On a separate tangent, it's quite baffling to see MH's Indonesian network. I thought that would be where they would expand seeing as the Indonesian economy is doing quite well (After all, Dunleavy talks about new destinations that can really grow) and strategically it would be quite rational considering that no other OW member has any extensive reach in Indonesia. Is it perhaps because of protectionist measures on the part of Jakarta or too much competition from LCCs or MH just doesn't have the correct equipment where MH would face overcapacity using B738 on these routes?

MH's absent in SUB is due to a big controversy case where the local station manager stole a big sum of cash and MH can not take legal action upon him because he is politically related to someone very high ranking in the Republic. MH's misadventure in SUB was discussed in several threads before in the forum. MH was once served SUB 9 weekly.

Agreed that Indonesia is where MH can really play a crucial role in oneworld. MH has a bulk of destinations in Indonesia where it once served during the golden years:

• Balikpapan - to be served by MASwings from KCH
  • Bandung - terminated
  • Makassar - terminated
  • Manado - terminated
  • Padang - currently served by Firefly from SZB
  • Pekanbaru - currently served by Firefly from SZB
  • Pontianak - currently served by MASwings from KCH
  • Surabaya - terminated
  • Tarakan - currently served by MASwings from TWU
  • Yogyakarta - terminated

All the terminated destinations (5 of them) are considered as big cities/towns in Indonesia.