MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
flee

Resumption of MAS's Previously Axed Routes, Launch of New Routes + Wishlist

This one causes quite a stir in FB this morning:

18893_550737958300186_1192475051_n.png

A rather big fanfare for just a destination using a codeshare partner?

But MH does not code share to MAN ever since the demise of BD.

This one causes quite a stir in FB this morning:

18893_550737958300186_1192475051_n.png

A rather big fanfare for just a destination using a codeshare partner?

But MH does not code share to MAN ever since the demise of BD.

It is indirectly marketing the LHR flights - code share will only be from LHR to MAN. Since BD is now part of BA, I would imagine it is a carry over from their previous code share agreement. And since MH and BA are oneworld alliance partners, it makes sense too.

But MH and BA have yet to sign any code share agreements and I would rule out the carry over from BD theory. MAN is also not bookable from MH's website.

I question the rationale of putting a beautiful picture of a destination as the cover photo of the airline's FB page but in the mean time the airline does not serve the destination, does not code share to the destination and the destination could not be booked from the airline's website.

I question the rationale of putting a beautiful picture of a destination as the cover photo of the airline's FB page but in the mean time the airline does not serve the destination, does not code share to the destination and the destination could not be booked from the airline's website.

I concur. It's just silly when you cannot make a reservation to MAN via MH easily.

But MH and BA have yet to sign any code share agreements and I would rule out the carry over from BD theory. MAN is also not bookable from MH's website.

It's not bookable on the website yet, but it is bookable through Call Centre/Ticket Office. Similar to AY & AA codeshare flights.

How misleading.... and till now, no flights can be booked to USA still, after MH and AA have started the codesharing. One can book to Guam and Honolulu but would need to jump to the search page, not at the homepage!

If this the case..MH can come out with 800 sets of new cover photos everyday :D

What is really strange is that prior to joining One World, they had code shares to various destinations in the UK as well as Europe yet they did not advertise them like the ones they did for MAN and JFK. :nea:

It's Wikipedia so always take it with a grain of salt, or two, or a truckload of it...

That being said I cannot find that part, either I have missed it or someone revised it.

MAS to fly to Athens on September 27, 2013

Can it be a one off charter ?

Gramatically that would be the inference :)

MH relaunched BKI-KIX with 738. Flight departs every Monday.

Something new huh?

Eh ? I thought a few months already ?

About the same time PER was reinstated ?

Don't blame yourself !

With all these cancellations and reinstatements and re-reinstatements by airlines into BKI recently, plus rumours circulated here in MW ....... :D

Latest news from a spy from the MH Rumour Department:

I have info that MH will start Cochin and Darwin before end of the year and MH will reinstate Dubai in August. Lucky for MH to get the slot they wanted at DXB as it was difficult to get a good slot at DXB. As for Darwin, MH faces the same problem too. The cabin crew have been informed through e-mail about Cochin and Darwin.

I have info that MH will start Cochin and Darwin before end of the year and MH will reinstate Dubai in August. Lucky for MH to get the slot they wanted at DXB as it was difficult to get a good slot at DXB. As for Darwin, MH faces the same problem too. The cabin crew have been informed through e-mail about Cochin and Darwin.

Reinstate DXB.. Great!

Haven't heard it myself, but I'm very sure those will be B738 routes. Hopefully the timings are decent enough.

Would love them flying to Darwin, where I'm currently based.. There are only Silk Air and Jetstar when I want to get out.. Horrible..

Finally, MH is taking on EK head on :clapping: If MH could beat EK (in load and yield) on this route, MH is truly on the road to recovery.

Edited by KK Lee

Problem is, MH will be carrying mostly O&D pax to and from DXB whereas EK has a massive hub there and has no problems filling up those 77Ws and A380s with loads of connecting passengers from all over the globe.

On top of the O&D pax there would be a sprinkle of connecting passengers from SE Asia and maybe Australia/NZ, but that's about it.

Problem is, MH will be carrying mostly O&D pax to and from DXB whereas EK has a massive hub there and has no problems filling up those 77Ws and A380s with loads of connecting passengers from all over the globe.

On top of the O&D pax there would be a sprinkle of connecting passengers from SE Asia and maybe Australia/NZ, but that's about it.

There are hundred thousands of Pinoy and Aussie working in UAE