MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
flee

Resumption of MAS's Previously Axed Routes, Launch of New Routes + Wishlist

Does MH still codeshare on MI flights to/from PEN, KCH & BKI ?

If so, maybe easier to let others do the work and still have a piece of the action ? :)

Still is. VA and SQ also put their codeshares with MI.

Usually, the popular schedules for business travel (e.g. flights arriving in SIN between 8 to 10 am and flights leaving around 7 pm) have high loads. However, as we have seen discussed here many times, high loads does not mean high yields.

But low yield still can make money... just not as much. And MAS is supposed to have an edge over MI, which is lower operating cost.

I believe SQ quit cause they don't have the appropriately sized (smaller) aircraft, which MI does

MH had and still have MI-sized birds (some lying idle too mind you)

Hence unprofitabilityness of route for MH probably lies elsewhere :D

Maybe MI & PEN is a similar situation to EK & KUL, where a large proportion of the pax feeds into the global network. Whereas MH doing PEN-SIN runs will have to depend on a larger proportion of O&D traffic.

Starting 18 Feb 2013, KUL-CAN-KUL is operated by 2X B738 instead of 1X A330 daily. First flight ex-KUL is the usual 0930 while the 2nd flight is at night, 2005 local time.

Rumour suggesting KCH-PER-KCH will start again in July with a once weekly rotation. Will be back of clock (leaving KCH in late afternoon, returning very early morning), using 73H's

Rumour suggesting KCH-PER-KCH will start again in July with a once weekly rotation. Will be back of clock (leaving KCH in late afternoon, returning very early morning), using 73H's

Sounds good. But is it justifiable to have serve PER from KCH and BKI at the same time? Or would they play around the route with triangle route?

Edited by Mike P

Better start packing...Perth, here I come!

Sounds good. But is it justifiable to have serve PER from KCH and BKI at the same time? Or would they play around the route with triangle route?

Or maybe do it as BKI-KCH-PER vv?

Good news, if 1: this is true, 2:an additional to the BKI-PER flight, and 3:using the B738. Not sure about traffic load, but good for the crew.

Perhaps being in oneworld got something to do with it?

If that furnishes the 'oomph' for secondary airports here ........

Probably to justify the Crew pattern on the present BKI flight... I'm assuming there is plenty of crew positioning at the moment - or is the B738 crew from BKI lucky to receive one week worth of layover in PER before the return?

With a new KCH service, they'd be able to operate BKI-PER-KCH instead.

Also, Liam - what are the chances of MH126/127 becoming a 5 times a week KUL-PER with a 738? Then Crew could do any combination of KUL-PER-BKI/KUL-PER-KCH etc or are the loads too good with the A330?

Probably to justify the Crew pattern on the present BKI flight... I'm assuming there is plenty of crew positioning at the moment - or is the B738 crew from BKI lucky to receive one week worth of layover in PER before the return?

I remember it was mentioned earlier that the BKI-PER-BKI flight has an extra set of crew paxed out ex BKI every flight, who will then crew the return flight whilst the 'outbound' team is paxed home ? :)

I want my PEN-SIN route......come on MH....

They dropped PEN-SIN some times ago? On the other hand, other than KUL, the only cities serving the lion city is KCH and MYY via KCH. KCH gets to sustain 2x daily though. I noticed on the East Malaysian connecting to SIN flight where passengers travelling from Sarawak airports will get to transfer in KCH but passengers travelling from BKI seems hassle where they need to transfer in KUL instead.

If I remember correctly, a set of crew deadhead ex- KUL the day before to ops back to BKI, and the crew operating in deadhead back to KUL the following afternoon.

The rumour of 126/127 going to 73H's on increased frequency has been around a while, and for the record it has my support! If it were 5, as you say Sandeep would make crew rotation very easy, in one night, out the next. No deadheading.

If I remember correctly, a set of crew deadhead ex- KUL the day before to ops back to BKI, and the crew operating in deadhead back to KUL the following afternoon.

The rumour of 126/127 going to 73H's on increased frequency has been around a while, and for the record it has my support! If it were 5, as you say Sandeep would make crew rotation very easy, in one night, out the next. No deadheading.

Can the 73H fly non stop on KUL-PER and vice versa?

I want my PEN-SIN route......come on MH....

...and MI will start a fifth daily flight between SIN/PEN this Saturday :D

...and MI will start a fifth daily flight between SIN/PEN this Saturday :D

Yep....good for MI......Basically between PEN-SIN its either MI or AK (in terms of frequency).......and AK price aint cheap too....

Can the 73H fly non stop on KUL-PER and vice versa?

It most certainly can! VA uses the 73H from PER to HKT and that's even further!

It most certainly can! VA uses the 73H from PER to HKT and that's even further!

And it's heavily payload restricted.

MH should be looking at direct PER-PEN flights directed at young families to alleviate having to switch planes.

I very much doubt PER-KCH flights will be sustainable long term as Kuching is to much of an unknown destinations to Aussies, for example when I was telling people of my intention to holiday here 9 out of 10 people claim to of never heard of the place.

Does Perth have a big community of Sarawakians?

Very sizable community of Sarawakians in Perth. Lots from Sibu, Miri and Kuching. Not to mention the Curtin University offshore campus at Miri.

I think it would be an excellent venture as the 73H is the right sized aircraft for the job.. Although, once a week a bit tough... Perhaps 2x would be a better bet.

I've been to Melbourne Sandridge Bridge and there erects glass panels along the bridge and records the immigrants from all over the world to Australia. Under Malaysia section, I did notice a significant of numbers from Sarawak.

As for Perth, I tend to agree a lot of Sarawakian residing there, particularly from Kuching, some of my Kuching friends, just like Kenny Sia, actually grew up in Perth too.

Anyhow, hopefully the piece of rumour to resume the flight from KCH to PER could be materialised. It would definitely give a lot of convenience to Sarawakian who are residing there.