MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
flee

Resumption of MAS's Previously Axed Routes, Launch of New Routes + Wishlist

It may be a good plan for MH to pull out of LAX and serve JFK instead. And in the A380, MH will definitely have the necessary metal to serve that competitive route. Malaysia and UK now have an open skies agreement and rights will not be an issue. The question is, are they able to get any JFK and LHR slots?

I think that there are some less profitable routes than FRA, so it is unlikely that MH will cut this route.

Interesting indeed for JFK if they make it. What aircraft would they have to fly there?

Also, what are the unprofitable routes currently if you don't mind sharing?

:pardon:

I think this is more of a "we will code-share with BA" (MH already code-share with AA LHR-JFK) where passengers will fly KUL-LHR on MH A380 continuing onwards to JFK/EWR on BA 777/747 (maybe 380 in the future?). I really don't see MH sending its 380 to NYC - the 380 will probably sit in JFK for a good 10-14 hours before flying back to LHR/KUL - a waste of precious aircraft.

Same goes for YVR - from MH PR "MH Flies to YVR by Code-Sharing with JL" - that's a huge spin!

And it seems like MH is adding a fourth daily flight to Phuket and a sixth daily flight to Bangkok for NS 2014.

New Phuket flight:

MH 794 KUL 1305 - 1320 HKT D 738

MH 795 HKT 1405 - 1635 KUL D 738

New Bangkok flight:

MH 776 KUL 1850 - 2000 BKK D 738

MH 779 BKK 2050 - 2359 KUL D 738

The new MH 776/779 operates approximately one hour later than current MH 780/781.

I don't think MH would ever do well in USA routes, at least not now. How does SQ did on their SIN - NRT - LAX route with A380? SQ has already axed the non-stop SIN - EWR route.

I don't think MH would ever do well in USA routes, at least not now. How does SQ did on their SIN - NRT - LAX route with A380? SQ has already axed the non-stop SIN - EWR route.

As long as Malaysia doesn't have visa-free status with US you can bet the market will be depressed, which is sad really because when compared to the UK I think travelling to the US would be cheaper.

God knows Malaysians should see the real America instead of the one portrayed in the media.

On the contrary the continental USA contains vastly contrasted topography and landscape worthy of photography. That is something positive that I can find about North America in general though. BTW, EK is having promotion now, to JFK roughly around RM4200 return ex KUL.

BTW, EK is having promotion now, to JFK roughly around RM4200 return ex KUL.

CX too, is having promotion now to NYC. RM4,059 return ex-BKI in Economy.

As long as Malaysia doesn't have visa-free status with US you can bet the market will be depressed, which is sad really because when compared to the UK I think travelling to the US would be cheaper.

God knows Malaysians should see the real America instead of the one portrayed in the media.

I don't think USA would grant free visa to Malaysia in anytime soon. So far only a handful of nations can enter USA for free, literally all the first world nations, like our neighbour Singapore, even allegedly claimed as a spy on Malaysia, assisting USA.

On the contrary the continental USA contains vastly contrasted topography and landscape worthy of photography. That is something positive that I can find about North America in general though. BTW, EK is having promotion now, to JFK roughly around RM4200 return ex KUL.

I think QR is the best and the cheapest, you could get the flight at 3K++ all in return.

Guest Michael

Still waiting for more than the 2x dailies to LHR, hopefully LGW can be added to the list eventually as well.

Guest Michael

Who knows we can wait and see and I must add a photo to my profile soon how do I do it?

Interesting indeed for JFK if they make it. What aircraft would they have to fly there?

Also, what are the unprofitable routes currently if you don't mind sharing?

:pardon:

LAX has just been axed - I think that in these days of high fuel prices, all routes over 8 hours are at risk unless an airline has new and fuel efficient aircraft to operate them.

When was the first time MAS venture into New York route? I remember the flights transited at DXB, way before EK has the right aircraft to make it non-stop to NY. And then, the flight was rerouted via ARN, making MH back then the only 5* airline then to provide air travel option between Swedish capital and NY.

Wonder how long AMS will be on MH's route-list...years ago it was 744, now by 772 and noticed in KLM's Holland Herald, all Aussie flights from the Netherlands now routed via CAN (on CZ) i.s.o. KUL (on MH)...does the code-share KL/MH still exist (even for various domestic destinations) ??? Loads ex AMS seem to be quite bad now for MH, given EK and EY eat a (large) piece of the Far-East pie, and QR will do so as from April 2014...

I didn't realise that KLM routes all it's Aussie flights via CAN. I thought the KLM codeshare still appears on flights from KUL to Australia

Wonder how long AMS will be on MH's route-list...years ago it was 744, now by 772 and noticed in KLM's Holland Herald, all Aussie flights from the Netherlands now routed via CAN (on CZ) i.s.o. KUL (on MH)...does the code-share KL/MH still exist (even for various domestic destinations) ??? Loads ex AMS seem to be quite bad now for MH, given EK and EY eat a (large) piece of the Far-East pie, and QR will do so as from April 2014...

The AF/KL group has expanded its flights into KUL. So I guess there are alternatives to MH...

I guess if they are OW fans they would but if MH does not refurbish or introduce a new yet creative product, they may as well be competing with the budget carriers and change their product offerings to the LCC model. ::80::

WITHDRAWS DESTINATIONS BY MAS

First period of unprofitability between 1996 - 2004

1. Cairns
  2. Darwin
  3. Brussels
  4. Vancouver
  5. Zagreb
  6. Munich
  7. Balikpapan
  8. Makassar
  9. Padang
  10. Pontianak